Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Someone on TOTT reckons..."there has been some financial activity at companies house indicating a sale in progress. Fingers crossed it's still on."

He is a bit of a wally like.

Anyone know anything?

Someone on TOTT reckons..."there has been some financial activity at companies house indicating a sale in progress. Fingers crossed it's still on."

Anyone know anything?

Oh yea i saw that earlier, i don't know what it means like :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

An article from the dentist fella if anyone is interested.

https://www.sportsjournal.ae/will-mike-ashley-make-a-deal-with-sheikh-khaled/

Writes a lot of words but says nowt really ...

Not unlike the Chrons podcast bollocks

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/everything-is-black-and-white-a-newcastle-united-podcast/id913153082?i=1000443332363

He says pretty much what we all think tbh. Deal agreed. Ashley went back for more (advertising rights etc) and ground to a halt.

I suspect if Ashley wanted to walk clean away this would have been complete a month ago but no, he’s a greedy bastard and that shitty tat filled shop of his means more to him

He says pretty much what we all think tbh. Deal agreed. Ashley went back for more (advertising rights etc) and ground to a halt.

I suspect if Ashley wanted to walk clean away this would have been complete a month ago but no, he’s a greedy bastard and that shitty tat filled shop of his means more to him

I’d accept it, work out how much it’s worth per year then contact the CSA to backdate it 12 years.

Mike Ashley has no will to sell whatsoever, if he did the club would have been sold years ago. Any deal that's proposed will have to be at least as equally-favourable to him financially as simply owning the club would be, if not we'll be stuck with him. I suspect he holds a tremendous grudge against us and would love a few "fuck you" clauses too if he could get them in there. Very unlikely that a deal will be struck IMO.

Guest chopey

It also sounds like Ashley wants to distance himself from the HMRC investigation and let the new owners take the rap for any outcome.

It also sounds like Ashley wants to distance himself from the HMRC investigation and let the new owners take the rap for any outcome.

In the Heads of Terms document that Geordie Dentist saw, Ashley had agreed to any liability stemming from the HMRC investigation

Anyone know anything?

The charges are in favour of Barclays- so it may just be a case that they no longer need to provide any security to Barclays (although I thought the main charges over the club were satisfied some time ago so it seems odd the charge of IP/trademarks stayed in place).

On it's own, it doesn't really mean anything.

Also, the tweeter claims the assets are 'securitised' - bit of incorrect terminology there. They are provided as security for credit exposure undertaken by the bank, which is something quite different.

Guest Open_C

I couldn't get onto Newcastle Online for about five minutes just then.  I assume this means that it's happening?

Sir John Hall was on Tyne Tees a bit earlier. He’s heard from the ‘city’ that BJZ are having to borrow to buy NUFC and he’s doubtful it will happen. He says he believes Ashley needs to sell the club now and is apparently willing to do so.....

I couldn't get onto Newcastle Online for about five minutes just then.  I assume this means that it's happening?

I thought the same, that I'd missed an announcement that the deal was done and the server crashed with all the people trying to talk about it :lol:

Guest neesy111

Have the forum servers been slow for everyone lately?

Yes, it's hard when Dave is not around.