Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest neesy111

I'm busy writing an article on the state of Ashley's thinking, cheapness, and how it's affecting his businesses.

It's probably going to be long winded, but interesting I hope.

Here is the first paragraph.

The other day I was in Newcastle and stumbled across the newly opened GAME store in Eldon Square. As I did I couldn’t help but think that this is just an indicative of where Ashley is now and where he is going to end up. I don’t though just limit it to how the brand new store has been fitted out so cheaply and so badly that they have left the flooring of the previous occupiers. Flooring which has a big gaping hole in the middle of it with only duck tape barely covering it over, leaving customers vulnerable to tripping over it and having to make their way to A&E, and presumably followed by their no win no fee lawyer.

No it was not that which I was considering. What I was considering though was how this is an indication of how Ashley now and how he is left with no choice but to work and hand over money to people who he promised not to work with ever again.

Stick to the day job.

I'm busy writing an article on the state of Ashley's thinking, cheapness, and how it's affecting his businesses.

The other day I was in Newcastle and stumbled across the newly opened GAME store in Eldon Square. As I did I couldn’t help but think that this is just an indicative of where Ashley is now and where he is going to end up. I don’t though just limit it to how the brand new store has been fitted out so cheaply and so badly that they have left the flooring of the previous occupiers. Flooring which has a big gaping hole in the middle of it with only duck tape barely covering it over, leaving customers vulnerable to tripping over it and having to make their way to A&E, and presumably followed by their no win no fee lawyer.

No it was not that which I was considering. What I was considering though was how this is an indication of how Ashley now and how he is left with no choice but to work and hand over money to people who he promised not to work with ever again.

Luke, is that you?

Flooring situation sounds quackers.

Love how you couldn’t resist having a dig at the many definitely real people who have stumbled on said flooring too. Really made me made angry at Mike .

Plagiarism.

Fairly certain this was Wordsworth's original opening like to "Daffodils"...

So its called duct tape, I have been saying duck tape for years.

It was originally called Duck tape, due to the duck cloth material used. Then, as it was often used to seal and wrap ducts, it got adulterated into duct tape.

I’ve learnt a lot this morning.

We’ve now won more league games against Man Utd under Ashley (including an away win!) than we managed the 30 years before he saved us.