Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

"Current owner Mike Ashley who wants £340million to relinquish control of the club has still to receive a firm offer and is said to be sceptical of the latest speculation.

It’s why he was prepared to finance a £35million bid for Lille’s highly rated midfielder Boubakary Soumare – one which was accepted by the club only for the player to reject the move to the North East."

Can feel the Bish at the keys.

Easy story to make considering he was interested in them a while back.

It gains clicks from both disgruntled Newcastle fans and disgruntled Man Utd fans.

Man Utd simply aren’t for sale, the Glaziers are making too much money out of them.

I'll save you lads clicking on it and giving the Mirror ad revenue. It's basically a rehashed article about us with this tagged on the end:

"It’s understood that Bin Salman does want to be involved in the Premier League as part of his involvement in world sport but still prefers it to be with Manchester United"

What an "exclusive".

Guest godzilla

While the Mirror claiming the Saudis actually want Man Utd instead, what a surprise...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/prince-mohammed-bin-salman-still-21410710

It was always known that they preferred Man Utd but were told not for sale. It’s been mentioned a few time’s so don’t see the exclusive there from the Mackem reporter.

While the Mirror claiming the Saudis actually want Man Utd instead, what a surprise...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/prince-mohammed-bin-salman-still-21410710

It was always known that they preferred Man Utd but were told not for sale. It’s been mentioned a few time’s so don’t see the exclusive there from the Mackem reporter.

Not a mention of their human rights issues when manure get involved huh?

Guest godzilla

Not a mention of their human rights issues when manure get involved huh?

No not for Man Utd interest ?

Guest The Little Waster

As long as Ashley is propped up by sections of the national media and now the local paper  - the sheep will fall for it again.

I wonder what has made The Comical turn? What have they been promised by Ashley?

Like a large section of the fanbase they have accepted that Ashley is here forever , hence they need to keep onside with the regime

It gains clicks from both disgruntled Newcastle fans and disgruntled Man Utd fans.

Man Utd simply aren’t for sale, the Glaziers are making too much money out of them.

They look particularly weak at the moment though, no CL income guaranteed any more, if the Saudis have got state backing then you could imagine they could meet any price.

As long as Ashley is propped up by sections of the national media and now the local paper  - the sheep will fall for it again.

I wonder what has made The Comical turn? What have they been promised by Ashley?

Like a large section of the fanbase they have accepted that Ashley is here forever , hence they need to keep onside with the regime

If I knew that it would make me stop going not continue to go. That's no way to go on surely 'oh well clubs dead, he's not going, lets just plod along as if neither is the case' . They should tell him to do one. Keep the club dead on his time not ours.

That's why neither of us are for sale

Starting to fade away on the 1st Feb. :lol: Surely the few people still believing this transfer window routine won't be fooled in the summer again?

Of course they will man. It's been going 11 years, why would those stupid enough to fall for it still suddenly stop now?  :lol:

The Mirror: ”Ashley insists that a non returnable bond of £250,000 is paid to him before any due diligence on the club takes place from an interested party. So far that has not been forthcoming from the Saudi Arabian Investment Fund who will be backing any offer from Bin Salman and his partners.”

George Caulkin just confirmed a fee of 250k was paid weeks/months ago.

Guest neesy111

This is it.  I'm hearing stuff I only care what happens on the pitch etc.

The Mirror: ”Ashley insists that a non returnable bond of £250,000 is paid.”

Where did Caulkin say that?

Mirror making it sound like it’s all wind and piss again

The article reminds of another story during the proposed BZG takeover last summer when Ashley blamed BZG for Benitez leaving because they apparently didn't want him.

Ashley in this case is blaming the Saudi Arabians for the club not being sold because they would rather buy Man United instead.

This proposed takeover is dead in the water in my eyes if Ashley leaking about how sceptical he is of the buying party.

The Mirror: ”Ashley insists that a non returnable bond of £250,000 is paid.”

Where did Caulkin say that?

Mirror making it sound like it’s all wind and p*ss again

Check his tweets and answers on Twitter.