Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

In the event that BZG come out and say something,  is there a chance its done and dusted and no one had a sniff of it? Im not sure what the actual process is after the fit and proper test, but is a statement needed to say its done or can all the process just be done and only then it is announced? Find it weird no one has an actual clue what has been going in from start to finish.

It’s the ‘waiting on premier league’ they told Peter Redding last week that gives me the slightest hope. Other than that I’m not hopeful at all

Needs them to issue this statement now really as it's getting beyond a joke. He said a few days, well it's getting to the stage where that few days has gone. The positive is that IF this statement is coming out then if it was to say that the takeover is off then it would have been released straight away as not need to 'wait for a few days' for that.

Unless they’ve set Ashley a deadline to accept their bid. Which would be sensible as they don’t want it dragging on and then not having time to buy players

If that's the case why did they release their original statement as it said all agreed.

They may have thought it was agreed.  But Mike Ashley.

You maybe right nobody knows, so my next question is where is this statement from BZG saying this as I'm sure for their reputation they would want to put things straight.

That's most peoples question, but again, nobody knows.  We're all sat waiting for a statement from them to clear it up.

Regardless of needing something official from the club or BZG, I think it's now getting a bit obvious what's happening.

But again, we wait.

you know I do find the belief that Ashley or Bishop is able to puppeteer multiple media organisations anywhere in the world rather amusing when all evidence presented by his time here indicates he's nowhere near competent or interested enough in PR to do that.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is nothing but a PR stunt for BZG paid for to Ashley at just the right time before all the shit went down

Come on lads, its been stinking of bullshit practically throughout.

Ok, there is one. :lol:

Beat me to it :lol:

Although if you can be arsed you could look back through this mess of a thread and find a few who believe that is/was the case. (I'd personally rather shit in my hands and clap).

Guest godzilla

If this takeover actually goes through, godzilla deserves some sort of "true believer" custom status. His loyalty to our future benefactors is insane infuriating admirable.

No I'm just waiting for official announcements. Any 'latest update' from any journalist source, twitter ITK, gobshite either supporting or rubbishing the takeover and this place swings like a pendulum with opinions and counter opinions, conspiracy theories and just plain bollocks. I've always from day one said we need for it officially to come out. It does need BZG to release this statement (if indeed there is one as again it's from a Twitter radio presenter and the Gazette). The claims and counter claims need to be ended one way or the other by a statement from BZG or the club or jointly.

I think you're being disingenuous there - you have clung very firmly to the two BZG statements and dismissed (indeed, ridiculed) virtually everything else.

You asked on the last page "If that's the case why did they release their original statement as it said all agreed." As a Toon fan, having watched how many takeover bids fail, can you not come up with a rational answer beyond "There was a genuine agreement when they made the statement"?

It seems to me that their statements have been premature at best. It seems obvious that Mike Ashley is not acting in good faith. And yet you're BZG's most loyal man (at least the most loyal one that doesn't resort to Photoshop!) It's... admirable.

Never ridiculed it at all. I have always said NOBODY knows and when people have mentioned why they don't think it will happen all I have said is wait for the official announcement. The only real information we have had is the BZG statements nothing else. As in your last statement it's your opinion and judgement but there is nothing official to actually back it up though.

Guest godzilla

In the event that BZG come out and say something,  is there a chance its done and dusted and no one had a sniff of it? Im not sure what the actual process is after the fit and proper test, but is a statement needed to say its done or can all the process just be done and only then it is announced? Find it weird no one has an actual clue what has been going in from start to finish.

It’s the ‘waiting on premier league’ they told Peter Redding last week that gives me the slightest hope. Other than that I’m not hopeful at all

Needs them to issue this statement now really as it's getting beyond a joke. He said a few days, well it's getting to the stage where that few days has gone. The positive is that IF this statement is coming out then if it was to say that the takeover is off then it would have been released straight away as not need to 'wait for a few days' for that.

Unless they’ve set Ashley a deadline to accept their bid. Which would be sensible as they don’t want it dragging on and then not having time to buy players

If that's the case why did they release their original statement as it said all agreed.

They may have thought it was agreed.  But Mike Ashley.

You maybe right nobody knows, so my next question is where is this statement from BZG saying this as I'm sure for their reputation they would want to put things straight.

That's most peoples question, but again, nobody knows.  We're all sat waiting for a statement from them to clear it up.

Regardless of needing something official from the club or BZG, I think it's now getting a bit obvious what's happening.

But again, we wait.

O0

Guest godzilla

So there is a 'bid' of some sorts then.  I thought BZG said that terms had been agreed, statement signed by both sides and was away to the PL? 

Now we're back to it just being "there's a bid"?

Needs another statement as the claims and counter claims are getting silly now. They have their reputation to protect.

Guest Gonzo

Seems to be the safe ploy. Ashley is so hated we will believe anyone who claims he’s at fault.

Well.....just my wild guess, but it won’t far off imo:

1.  BZG proposed a bid, the Fat cunt said fine go ahead for the rest of the process

2.  BZG preparing other stuff e.g. the proper test

3. One day the fat cunt told BZG that the goal post has been moved and it’s up to them to revise the bid

4. BZG told the fat cunt that they won’t change the bid

That’s why BZG said there is a bid on the table whilst the fat cunt said no. Consistent with his personality as well

1.  BZG proposed a bid, the Fat cunt said fine go ahead for the rest of the process

3. One day the fat cunt told BZG that the goal post has been moved and it’s up to them to revise the bid

That’s why BZG said there is a bid on the table whilst the fat cunt said no. Consistent with his personality as well

Where most of us are at I think.

He did that with Staveley as well didn’t he? Said she never made a bid but she said she had submitted 3 bids at different stages and that one remained on the table. He’s a cunt.

He did that with Staveley as well didn’t he? Said she never made a bid but she said she had submitted 3 bids at different stages and that one remained on the table. He’s a cunt.

And the chronicle won’t question this. They are happy to run with ‘no bid’

Hey All.

longtime reader, first post.

Regarding the 'Chronics' No bid Statements, seems to me like they're just repeating that to try and get BZG to respond, as currently i think they know about as much as we do & are itching for any info.

I sure they know the regurgitating of the same old scatty bits of 'info' is wearing thin & they're desperate for anything new to right (if that's possible by them)!

Im guessing that no one and, I mean no one has a clue at which stage this whole bid process is at the moment. Won't surprise me at all if the next statement released says we have been sold with Jose Mourinho as manager or the takeover has fell through and we have appointed Kevin Nolan as manager. Either of those two scenarios can happen.

One question, if there is no takeover, why the fuck is it so hard and taking so long for either party to come out and admit it? Ashley could hail himself as a hero for guarding the clubs interest away from some sheikh tyre kickers, or BZG can come out and keep their reputation intact by saying they did everything possible to buy the club only to be lied and royally screwed by a fat sweaty denim wearing bastard.

Im guessing that no one and, I mean no one has a clue at which stage this whole bid process is at the moment. Won't surprise me at all if the next statement released says we have been sold with Jose Mourinho as manager or the takeover has fell through and we have appointed Kevin Nolan as manager. Either of those two scenarios can happen.

One question, if there is no takeover, why the fuck is it so hard and taking so long for either party to come out and admit it? Ashley could hail himself as a hero for guarding the clubs interest away from some sheikh tyre kickers, or BZG can come out and keep their reputation intact by saying they did everything possible to buy the club only to be lied and royally screwed by a fat sweaty denim wearing bastard.

Sounds like Mourinho is off to China. Yay Kevin Nolan :lol: