Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I watch the games if they are on the telly, but as others have said, the results don't really matter any more. Was not really bothered when Wolves equalised, just thought "there it is".

I don't actually need success, would just love to watch a team with some direction and designs on progress. Rafa was perfect for this. His football wasn't exactly scintillating, but you can take a lot of pleasure in watching a side well set out to get maximum results from limited resources. The football could be pretty good as well when the quality of players rose.

Said to the wife yesterday, 'It's half an hour til KO in a home game and i'm just going about life like it's not happening'. Was just helping out with the dinner. Didn't think it possible i could become so detached from NUFC. Hurts like hell. There's a massive void in my life. I watch the odd non league game and have done some EFL ground hopping but none of it really matters and i'm just making do. I want to look forward to toon games again. Count the days til the next one. i want results to make or break my weekends like they used to. I want to feel proud and feel a foot taller, like i did whenever i'd wear something with the crest or club name on.  Just go man Ashley you FB.

Watched the Wolves match on my phone, the wife kept asking if I wanted to put it on the big screen but I said no, I'd rather not. I told her I wasn't even interested in turning the commentary up, I was only keeping half an eye out for if any goals went in.

When they did, I felt almost nothing for either goal. I wanted to know there'd been goals, but I couldn't celebrate either ours or theirs, I had too many conflicting emotions about both.

As soon as Ashley goes, I'll be back to supporting Newcastle fully, but right now I can't wish the club and by proxy him any success at all. I simultaneously love the club but want it to burn. Such a shit way to feel.

I’ve never thought apathy is a good word for our situation. Maybe amongst the resigned people who still go, but there’s way more pain than that word generally suggests.

I’m not apathetic, I’m gutted.

This, absolutely. I feel the same Ian and I’ve seen it in your posts more than most. You’ve changed noticeably since Rafa left. A lot more nihilistic. And I totally understand the feeling. I’m gutted because I know what this club can be like when it is run properly, like a sporting institution and not the advertising wing of a tawdry budget sports cum sweat shop.

Watched the Wolves match on my phone, the wife kept asking if I wanted to put it on the big screen but I said no, I'd rather not. I told her I wasn't even interested in turning the commentary up, I was only keeping half an eye out for if any goals went in.

When they did, I felt almost nothing for either goal. I wanted to know there'd been goals, but I couldn't celebrate either ours or theirs, I had too many conflicting emotions about both.

As soon as Ashley goes, I'll be back to supporting Newcastle fully, but right now I can't wish the club and by proxy him any success at all. I simultaneously love the club but want it to burn. Such a shit way to feel.

:thup:

There was a story over the summer that because Mike Ashley likes Kenyon he was going to give him time to get the money together to buy the club right? Think ultimately Kenyon buys the club.

When any stories came up under Rafa it was clearly always about denying him funds before the transfer window but there is no need for it now as the mess currently in charge of the team will make no fuss about his lot and will do as he is told.

Think Mike is trying to hand it over to Kenyon as soon as it is possible, with funds in place.

:lol: :lol:

How many fucking times man?

I'm feeling the apathy.  I think it has been a gradual process.  Didn't even flinch when Wolves equalised yesterday.

Yeah, I feel apathy about individual things happening in games, but pain about the situation of the club.

I actually felt better when Wolves scored, the only thing that makes it logical is Newcastle losing and getting relegated. Otherwise Ashley is shafting us and getting what he wants.

Same, if we win / avoid relegation the only winner is Ashley. I actively want us to lose.

I don't even have a pulse on matchdays anymore.

There's just nothing likeable - I hate the owner, don't like the manager, not bothered about most of the players, even half of the fanbase are knackers. The stadium is dirty and decked out in cheap SD shite, the kits are shit, we get these monthly takeover stories that even the journalists don't believe and protests are always half-arsed because there's some weird North East pride in just willingly taking shit with a smile and a Stevie Taylor fistpump.

There's nothing to cheer for, nothing to care about and no hope for the future. The only recognisable feature that makes the heart flutter is the name Newcastle United. That's it.

Cheers, Ashley.

The football's properly dire too. Makes it even worse. Not only do the powers that be want us to be hamstrung and struggling, they've landed us a proper anti-football manager too. Only John Carver's half season has been as bad as this.

I hope Ashley is starting to realise it’s the beginning of the end. Everything he touches is going shit-shaped and the empty stands will be another reminder of the poison his brand evokes.

Imagine the legacy his brand is leaving his family. Millions or not, he’s forever associated with everything wrong with 21st century business. I mean even MP’s despise him!

I hope Ashley is starting to realise it’s the beginning of the end. Everything he touches is going shit-shaped and the empty stands will be another reminder of the poison his brand evokes.

Imagine the legacy his brand is leaving his family. Millions or not, he’s forever associated with everything wrong with 21st century business. I mean even MP’s despise him!

He won’t give a fuck about any of that

he loves being despised man. any publicity is good publicity for his tatty shop. unless millions stop shopping there which isn't going to happen then he might get concerned.

Is it right to wake up every morning thinking of ways to terminate an owner?

Democratic marching/protesting has failed

Waiting for a fake sale is just folly

A nutcase can resolve this - psychopath meets psychopath the finale

The number of people he has upset across this country leads me to think he is already treading in unsafe territory

He only goes out in public with at least 1 bodyguard, allegedly for SAS personnel.

He is quite clearly worried about his safety.

Got a name check in Corbyn's campaign launch speech:

“Whose side are you on? The bad bosses like Mike Ashley, the billionaire who won’t pay his staff properly and is running Newcastle United into the ground? Or his exploited workforce, like the woman who was reportedly forced to give birth in a warehouse toilet because she was terrified of missing her shift?