Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Also, as the thread has already been bumped and the cunt still isn’t dead, did anyone ever find out who ‘MoneyMikeAshley’ was?

That is the one thing I miss from the Fat Mike years. 😄

• 1 month later...

I have family in Doncaster, and my brother’s mate, who is also his boss has a transport company there which a couple of years ago took on the Sports Direct contract.

As such my brother has met people like Mike Ashley’s son in law, who comes from Doncaster. As it happens his father owns a load of nightclubs and property in Doncaster, and him and his other associates are the ones who bought the Strawberry land off Ashley, before then selling it on to the developers, who then sold it to our new owners.

Anyway, long story short, Ashley is fairly interested in Doncaster Rovers if he’s not successful in his attempts ti get Reading. He’s already helping fund a local non-league team that has been set up by agent Willie McKay.

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

I have family in Doncaster, and my brother’s mate, who is also his boss has a transport company there which a couple of years ago took on the Sports Direct contract.

As such my brother has met people like Mike Ashley’s son in law, who comes from Doncaster. As it happens his father owns a load of nightclubs and property in Doncaster, and him and his other associates are the ones who bought the Strawberry land off Ashley, before then selling it on to the developers, who then sold it to our new owners.

Anyway, long story short, Ashley is fairly interested in Doncaster Rovers if he’s not successful in his attempts ti get Reading. He’s already helping fund a local non-league team that has been set up by agent Willie McKay.

There was a rumour around Christmas that Ashley would take over Reading if their current owner "PAID HIM" I've no idea if that was true but its Ashley so anything could happen.

51 minutes ago, La Parka said:

Fuck off man. Doncaster are my second club as my brother supports them. They are suffering enough without that cunt joining in.

I keep an eye out for them because half my family live there. A large amount of Newcastle fans there as well.

54 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Every time a clubs in trouble the itks say this. He's bought 26 clubs since us

Doncaster are not really in trouble, aside from being generally bad, it’s just that he has big connections there as well.

He was supposed to be moving his Sports Direct HQ and distribution centre to Coventry, but they are trying to get him to choose Doncaster instead.

He already has a fuck ton of stock stored there.

On 18/02/2024 at 18:42, Stifler said:

Yep - Doncaster City who have just signed Ross McCormack, Charlie Mulgrew and Wes Hoolahan via the McKay links. Check out the monstrosity of a kit:

IMG_0020.thumb.jpeg.8ad9c3479b06b5ac6df6aa961a4d966b.jpeg

On 18/02/2024 at 18:42, Stifler said:

The Freddie Shepherd/Mike Ashley crossover that nobody wanted.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, danny said:

The fat cunt is suing us  now for not supplying shirts to him for his shitty little shop

hes so business savvy that he should just refuse to sell Adidas products in his stores. :D

He's had long running disputes with sports brands who don't want their wares sold in his junk shops, who presumably feel they'd devalue their assets by being associated with his cut-price flea market.

In this case, though, it seems he's suing Newcastle rather than Adidas, claiming we have abused our "dominant market position" by telling them to do one.

Well, I for one would proudly wear a brand new kit with a giant "70% discount" sticker stuck on it and I'm sure m'learned friends would agree.

39 minutes ago, Abacus said:

He's had long running disputes with sports brands who don't want their wares sold in his junk shops, who presumably feel they'd devalue their assets by being associated with his cut-price flea market.

sports direct on Northumberland street is no different to any of the other shops selling trainers etc on that street apart from the branding.
pretty much the same prices for the trainers I get, usually sports direct is the only one of the 3 shops there that has my size in stock as well (10.5)

I was in there last week inf act, seems like the staff are a lot less pushy with tat now too, didn't even ask if I  wanted one of those awful looking bags..

Whats the other store he owns is it Evans the bike shop? I know he owns one of them... and they charge for click and collect orders lol....... 

Does he own halfords? they are the worst shop for prices.... check their in store prices... then look at their website prices.... 
they will price match their own website but only if you know to ask.

one of the most bizarre business practices I've ever noticed, products can be 30% cheaper on their website but you can do click and collect for free using the stores stock...

Edited by Arknor

I literally will not entertain Sports Direct me like. Nowt to do with wanting to be trendy or owt and go to JD I'd just rather spend £20 more than give money to that cunt.

3 minutes ago, Arknor said:

sports direct on Northumberland street is no different to any of the other shops selling trainers etc on that street apart from the branding.
pretty much the same prices for the trainers I get, usually sports direct is the only one of the 3 shops their that has my size in stock as well (10.5)

I was in there last week inf act, seems like the staff are a lot less pushy with tat now too, didn't even ask if I  wanted one of those awful looking bags..

On the other hand the sports direct near me (Washington, Galleries) is a pig sty compared to the nicely appointed JD or whatever it is across the way.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Still alive then. 

Every single time this is bumped and I open it I think this. It’s horrible to think that way about another human being but I can’t help it.