Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Just heard that Ben Jacobs guy podcast. I wouldn't trust what he was saying. This is the same guy that sent out a tweet yesterday or the day before that included saying no proof of funds shown to the club as well as the Premier League have not received any docs of the deal yet. Fast forward 24 hours, and after the statement from the buyers came out yesterday, he has changed his tune and claims he has personally spoken to the group.

Why didn't he talk to them earlier before sending out the tweet then?

It's clearly not happening like. I'd b staggered if it did now. Too good to be true

So random :lol:

There is nothing ‘clear’ about all this

Agree.

I’m at 65/35 for it happening the silence from Mike Ashley is a good sign hopefully be done by the end of June.

Bi Polar Gang :pow:

Guest godzilla

It's clearly not happening like. I'd b staggered if it did now. Too good to be true

You are fucking off it

Inspector Gallowgate tried to make them out to be chancers but he's actually just convinced me they're fucking loaded.

Covered all bases :pow:

Trying to get a job at the Chronic? 5 things we learned from the bid next...

Not commented on this one as I've had nothing to add but this development has brought a mix of emotions;

1) I'm 100% on the 'anyone but Ashley' camp, so my first reaction was one of huge positivity.

2) However, that was based on the deal being almost completed (i.e: within the forthcoming days).

3) It appears that that's not the case, nor likely to be anywhere near as imminent which therefore fills me with dread in respect of the way the buyers have conducted themselves. Honestly, from an M&A perspective, it's been wholly unprofessional and highly likely to have pissed Ashley off in a major way.

They've actually pushed him into a corner with this leak tbh.

If it doesn't happen now, he's gonna be left with a right mess to sort out and he'll be very aware of that too.

Pushing an egotistical billionaire into a corner is never a wise move.

I've got very mixed emotions about this. Anyone but Ashley? Yeah for sure, but this conduct from them doesn't fill me with hope.

Also - can this Gallowgate End knobhead be permanently muted? He's killing my mojo even more.