Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Another day, more twitter bullshit no doubt :mike:

i'm borderline impressed how they're hooking folk in tbh, every single hour there's another cunt along saying "announcement at Xpm" and everyone jumps on it every single time :lol:

What time is the announcement?

9..10..11am..12pm...etc...

Can't wait for another day of fuck all. What's today's most ridiculous ITK going to be? I'm going for Donald Trump tweeting about how he's heard from a good mate that the takeover is on and that it's going to be the biggest, the greatest takeover ever. Make NUFC great again!

A crazy theory brought up on Reddit: one of the other bidders is possibly Jim Ratcliffe, the UK's richest man. Apparently his private jet flew into Farnborough yesterday. Ashley's jet flew to Nice yesterday, which is close to where Ratcliffe lives in Monaco. Ratcliffe is currently taking over OGC Nice. He already owns a Swiss Super League team. Maybe he wants to add a Premier League team to his portfolio?

Probably (definitely) nowt in it, but it'd be cool if the UK's richest man bought NUFC. We can but dream..... 

Is no manager appointed still giving anyone hope or not?

No, I just think they are incompetent. I think they genuinely thought Rafa was gonna bend and stay even after he said he wouldn’t.

Third Richest man now. Plus he loves Brexit and fracking if that bothers anyone. Might be better to keep this in the twitter thread for now.

Didn't realise it was in there :lol: it'll be total nonsense anyway

I’d have thought so

A new manager would definitely kill it, but as long as BZG don't officially pull the plug on the deal, I suppose there is always hope.

No, I just think they are incompetent. I think they genuinely thought Rafa was gonna bend and stay even after he said he wouldn’t.

I agree with this. Incompetence, but with a side order of "if they hire a new manager he will want funds for actual players". And that would ruin the point of this entire smokescreen.

My own personal opinion Bruce will be approached today when he’s back in the country. Part of me hopes he turns it down but mostly it’s be amazingly bad and fascinating to watch

It's giving me hope that the whole thing crashes and burns.

Worst we could do is appoint someone like Allardyce who, however toxic a human and however terrible the football, would have an actual chance of keeping us up so this shitshow rolls on another year. It has to go one way or the other for me, either a takeover or a total implosion.

Managerial issues aside, of all summers, they decided to make public a lot of upgrading work at the stadium to add to the speculation. That black box thing painted a day or two was a peak .

I don't think ashley is in any hurry of doing anything.

As long as he doesn't do anything it won't cost him anything. If he hires a manager he would want some new players. He will let Redfearn and Dawson take care of preseason and if we manage to win a game or two he wouldn't even have to appoint anyone else. Loan a striker or two and that will be it this window.

If someone offers him what HE want (and on his terms) for the club he will sell. Otherwise he just goes on untill january and see where we are then.

I agree with this. Incompetence, but with a side order of "if they hire a new manager he will want funds for actual players". And that would ruin the point of this entire smokescreen.

Of course they didn't want Rafa to stay, he's a nightmare for Ashley because he wants to progress and his whole tenure turned into a long illustration of what Ashley is doing. He needed to revert to his old model as quickly as possible, i.e. dragging someone from the lower divisions who'd be grateful for the opportunity and not make a fuss. I expect him to be given quite a bit of transfer money (as with McClaren) as that's the only thing that can save us from relegation. Martinez and all the other names that have been thrown around are purely, solely to make this seem as an appropriate recruitment process.

What's fascinating is that they even approached Rafa from the beginning. This is the way they want it to work.

What's fascinating is that they even approached Rafa from the beginning. This is the way they want it to work.

They didn't. It's well known that Rafa approached them.

They just said "Yes" when we were staring relegation down the barrel and he offered his services.

They didn't. It's well known that Rafa approached them.

They just said "Yes" when we were staring relegation down the barrel and he offered his services.

My mistake, of course, what I meant was them considering him with all that he would eventually bring into the equation.