Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Is someone going to take Ashley to task now that we have proof from BZG that he moved the goalposts after a deal was agreed. He gets away with murder in the press with his bullshit and of course he has admitted what happened with his 10 million either way statement as proof. Come on press people sit him down and tear him a new one about us genuinely being for sale as he has The Best Interests of the club at heart. What a total fukin lying cunt... wish we could have a look at those fukin books..

What is this? Any reference that isn't riddled with ads and scripts that doesn't break your pc?

Felt no excitement last time with Kenyon, the most deflating of all the packs of lies we've been told. This time I feel less than nothing about this window's falsehoods.

At least we’d be back to having a bloke who knows how to run a football club again.

It's not happening mate.

In addition to backing Bruce, GACP Sports plan to 'hire a leading head of recruitment to help identify top talent from across Europe'. Their long-term strategy is to ensure they are 'positioned to sell top talent for significant sums, allowing for continued substantial reinvestment into the squad'.
So. Sustainability predicated on buying low and selling high. Why not; it's worked a treat so far.

In addition to backing Bruce, GACP Sports plan to 'hire a leading head of recruitment to help identify top talent from across Europe'. Their long-term strategy is to ensure they are 'positioned to sell top talent for significant sums, allowing for continued substantial reinvestment into the squad'.
So. Sustainability predicated on buying low and selling high. Why not; it's worked a treat so far.

Slightly different to the MA model of just sell anyone half decent for a half decent price, keep the money

When done properly it works fine. Look at Liverpool and Spurs as examples. I would have no problem with this strategy in theory (minus the Bruce bit obvs).

Who made the brochure for who anyway? Why do you need to make a brochure if you're buying something? Actually don't answer, it'll only continue this farcical idea.

It's fairly standard to set out plans and proposals. Calling it a brochure isn't quite as standard.

Who made the brochure for who anyway? Why do you need to make a brochure if you're buying something? Actually don't answer, it'll only continue this farcical idea.

It's fairly standard to set out plans and proposals. Calling it a brochure isn't quite as standard.

I really can't imagine Mike Ashley giving a shite what the new owner has planned, except maybe if he'll let SD keep the retail. Pop that on a post-it along with the price.

I really can't imagine Mike Ashley giving a shite what the new owner has planned, except maybe if he'll let SD keep the retail. Pop that on a post-it along with the price.

Well, quite. I think discussing standard practices and normalities is a bit pointless when it comes to Moike.

"Unparalleled success in Europe" :lol:

Could they have made it any more of a blatant wind up?

It also has last years squad listed.. so its obvious someone has changed the name from Benitez to Bruce  ;D

Mike Ashley is on a wind up after that kid took a video telling him to sell up.

It also has last years squad listed.. so its obvious someone has changed the name from Benitez to Bruce  ;D

Mike Ashley is on a wind up after that kid took a video telling him to sell up.

Are any of the journalists pointing out this or is it just the usual 'my source knows more that your source'.

The brochure is/ was apparently to attract investors, not for Mike Ashley to look at.

Whatever anyway, it’s all horseshit and is likely Ashley up to his usual tricks. Kenyon’s his mate and this is all just a diversionary tactic again to take heat off him and dilute dissent.

I took it to mean they are referring to his time as a player, not a manager.

Doubt he won much in Europe as a player as he will have been away from Man Utd by treble in 99 (just checked - Cup Winners Cup in 91 and the Super Cup the same year if you count that).

I took it to mean they are referring to his time as a player, not a manager.

Doubt he won much in Europe as a player as he will have been away from Man Utd by treble in 99 (just checked - Cup Winners Cup in 91 and the Super Cup the same year if you count that).

Fair enough. Just assumed he’d won loads under Fergie. They clearly just scratched out Rafa’s name and inserted Bruce’s then :lol: Jesus wept