Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

So Mike as pocket atleast 750k in the dataroom stage the last couple of years. Great for business being up for sale and not wanting to sell.

In the Peter Kenyon fakeover he (Mike Ashley) lost almost £1m in costs according to Mark Douglas.

He wants to sell, but he wants to sell on his conditions with Sports Direct clauses etc included in the sell.

Then he doesn't want to sell. Imagine buying a house where the seller insisted he wanted to keep his ham and tomatoes in the fridge.

Ashley is so full of shit man. But Lee Ryder and co will continue polishing his tiny knob.

The year is 2040. Newcastle are in league two and now bring a rolling Sports Direct store with them to away matches. It's been a huge hit and Ashley is now richest man in Britain. He just can't compete with the powerhouses of league two though..

I left, and haven't been back, 6 years ago. He's still here. Along with 52000 fans. It's going to be some time.

I used to commute up from Nottingham every other week until the Keegan fiasco.Swore I’d never go back until Ashley left...still waiting.Used to watch the match on Telly when Rafa was around....not watched a single match under Bruce, won’t watch another game till he’s gone. Still follow the scores and read the forum daily and sadly want to believe every time there’s a fakeover....but I’m very gullible.

The problem I have is that I no longer enjoy football like I want to. I've stopped being bothered about our team's results, I feel nothing towards them anymore other than sadness that I can't get excited about them. Football as a sport has been ruined for me because it's not something that you can just turn off and support a different team, there's always that tie at the back of my mind to Newcastle United which unfortunately is also tied to a scumbag who's ownership taints everything and prevents enjoyment. Until Mike Ashley goes I'm in football limbo and it breaks the heart.

In Mike Ashley's broader business career, has he ever sold a company he owned?  Is it possible that part of the problem is that Ashley doesn't actually know how to effectively sell a company and keeps stuffing it up?

The stories coming out now certainly look like an attempt to start providing excuses for why a deal fell through.

I think he sold Dunlop, don't recollect any others. Doubled his money the greedy fat fingered oath irrc.

I've said it before, he has spent too much time, money and resources to not sell us eventually. I dont think the end is a million miles away. Within the next 3 seasons or so.

He's just a cunt who gets a kick out of playing hard ball and getting a deal. Kenyon probably had the right idea trying to massage his ego. Fuck knows who will end up buying us.

I've said it before, he has spent too much time, money and resources to not sell us eventually. I dont think the end is a million miles away. Within the next 3 seasons or so.

He's just a cunt who gets a kick out of playing hard ball and getting a deal. Kenyon probably had the right idea trying to massage his ego. Fuck knows who will end up buying us.

What will change to allow a deal though? He won’t.

It’s not the only thing though. Not turning up would be a better idea, make him lose money from the club. Relegation and staying down too.

One thing’s for certain, staying in the Premier League and not selling to any buyer is certainly not going to get rid of him despite some deluding themselves that we’re a better prospect for sale if we stay in the top tier. Would be all well and good if the fella actually wanted to sell. But he won’t while he continues to make money out of us. That’s it really.

Even and empty stadium won't make him sell. The free advertising and the TV money is worth so much more for him

There wont be any advertising worth having - no fans = no tv and no tv money because we will have successive relegations . He will sell when it starts costing him money and theres only one way to do that - leave and dont go back till hes gone

He will have the team staying in the PL and get the TV money. Buy some players, sell some players but no big outlay on the squad.

This is what he has been doing sience he bought the club and that's what he will do as long as he owns the club.

He has no reason for selling the club. If he wanted to sell, this deal with the saudis would've been already completed by now.

His death is the only end to it all.

Not even sure that'll change things. His son is involved with Bishop already and would surely just continue the same regime.

It won’t go to his son. His further son in law is the apple of his eye, his son was given some money so he could piss off to Spain and pretend to be a DJ.

His daughters are given a shit ton, mansions, money and facilities to set up businesses etc.

In Mike Ashley's broader business career, has he ever sold a company he owned?  Is it possible that part of the problem is that Ashley doesn't actually know how to effectively sell a company and keeps stuffing it up?

The stories coming out now certainly look like an attempt to start providing excuses for why a deal fell through.

:lol:

No, he's just not interested in selling, it's really not that hard.

Exactly...it's just total PR that he wants to sell.

Aye.  I grew up loving football. Football Focus, Saint and Greavsie, Radio, Vidiprinter, results, MOTD, Shoot. That was the running order at the weekend. With the midweek provided for by Sportsnight and Midweek Sports Special. Every other minute was spent playing on the field outside [loads of newly planted trees so it was more "jumper for goalpost2], or if we had a match with some other locals we'd go to Wembley (the moor, with rolling hills and trapezium goals). Scoop and Match were the literature of choice, anybody remember Ben Leiper and Jon Stark?

Anyway, I had a love of football, and sport in general, long before I developed a passion for NUFC. But once I experienced SJP it became all about them. Now none of it matters, sport has gone to shit, and the reasons why are clear to anybody connected to our club [but not in the media].

It’s not the only thing though. Not turning up would be a better idea, make him lose money from the club. Relegation and staying down too.

One thing’s for certain, staying in the Premier League and not selling to any buyer is certainly not going to get rid of him despite some deluding themselves that we’re a better prospect for sale if we stay in the top tier. Would be all well and good if the fella actually wanted to sell. But he won’t while he continues to make money out of us. That’s it really.

Even and empty stadium won't make him sell. The free advertising and the TV money is worth so much more for him

There wont be any advertising worth having - no fans = no tv and no tv money because we will have successive relegations . He will sell when it starts costing him money and theres only one way to do that - leave and dont go back till hes gone

He will have the team staying in the PL and get the TV money. Buy some players, sell some players but no big outlay on the squad.

This is what he has been doing sience he bought the club and that's what he will do as long as he owns the club.

He has no reason for selling the club. If he wanted to sell, this deal with the saudis would've been already completed by now.

Don't the TV companies have to show each club a minimum of times? Isn't there a minimum payment regardless of how many times you're on?

I know he cares about fans not going, but I could see him being happy with an empty stadium, with seats coloured to display the SD logo, broadcast to the world 5 times  year, with 60-70 million rolling in.

We know there's a highly-interested party. Caulkin says the 250k has already been paid. Can we just let them get on with it?

How does that change anything if he doesn't want to sell? At least not without keeping the advertising rights which I can't see any self respecting buyer agreeing to.

So that leaves Kenyone with his begging bowl out for a whip round.

Could we send him loads of pizza to try and speed up the process?

I like this idea.

Hi Mike, sorry for the agro. Please accept this lifetime supply of bacon and cream as our sincerest apology. Regards Newcastle fans.