Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Caulkin has completely dragged me right in and I can't wait for the Lockdown Takeover Party! :D Ashley's last parting shot selling up during this!

Surely, this bastard time!

Don't do it to yourself, Paully.

It'll be gutting if Caulkin has put this story out with no substance to back it up. Why didn't he just leave well alone ?

He's got links to Staveley - there is no way he'd have penned that article without a lot of belief and inside info that this was happening - he always remains quiet on takeovers so it's a huge thing for me this!

Caulkin has completely dragged me right in and I can't wait for the Lockdown Takeover Party! :D Ashley's last parting shot selling up during this!

Surely, this b****** time!

In a way it would be a shame that it happened during lockdown, football is in limbo at the minute, makes it a bit harder to celebrate. But still...f*** yeah if it happens.

I think the opposite. Imagine football is shut down until June or July, we emerge from our nuclear bunkers to new owners and Steve Bacon replaced by a proper manager ahead of the next transfer window :sweetjesus:

Yeah but we have to wait until June at the earliest to celebrate it, will be fantastic when we get there, but right now it feels like football is a million miles away.

Couldn't give a shite about the wait. Would increase the joy imo.

If this carry-on was true (it’s not) I’d be concerned that £10m on the sale price made a difference between buying or not. Unless Staveley was just giving “FCW” a taste of his own medicine.

It's 2 and a half years (to the day I believe) that Staveley was first shown in the crowd against Liverpool. So her interest goes back before then, probably 3 years.

Give it another 5 years and they might complete a deal.

It'll be gutting if Caulkin has put this story out with no substance to back it up. Why didn't he just leave well alone ?

He's got links to Staveley - there is no way he'd have penned that article without a lot of belief and inside info that this was happening - he always remains quiet on takeovers so it's a huge thing for me this!

What I don't get though is that if the first 'leak' in January supposedly caused problems, why publish this story now?

We know that Ashley is vindictive and likely to change his mind on a whim. For the sake of argument, let's say that it is close, why put it at risk by publishing this story? What's to say it doesn't piss Ashley off and he scraps the whole thing.

Caulkin has his contacts and probably trusts the info he has. I just don't trust Ashley one iota and therefore don't think that this is happening.

What I don't get though is that if the first 'leak' in January supposedly caused problems, why publish this story now?

We know that Ashley is vindictive and likely to change his mind on a whim. For the sake of argument, let's say that it is close, why put it at risk by publishing this story? What's to say it doesn't piss Ashley off and he scraps the whole thing.

Caulkin has his contacts and probably trusts the info he has. I just don't trust Ashley one iota and therefore don't think that this is happening.

Let's be clear, Ashley will always be the type of cunt who might suddenly decide - hold on, why do they want it so bad? maybe I should tell them to fuck off?

Caulkin even says as much in that article.

Caulkin has said previously that he believes Staveley is genuine based on conversations with her, but couldn't guarantee she was. That's my worry here, that there is a possibility she's been using Caulkin as he's trusted by fans.

Caulkin has said previously that he believes Staveley is genuine based on conversations with her, but couldn't guarantee she was. That's my worry here, that there is a possibility she's been using Caulkin as he's trusted by fans.

But for what gain?

Guest neesy111

Yeap, I think she's not trust worthy at all.

We know that Ashley is vindictive and likely to change his mind on a whim. For the sake of argument, let's say that it is close, why put it at risk by publishing this story? What's to say it doesn't p*ss Ashley off and he scraps the whole thing.

Based on what :lol:

Caulkin doesn't have that tone at all in his own article like. Chances are he's dropped this because it's passed an important point and the Telegraph article has kicked everyone else into gear.

I don't really understand the idea that Amanda is winding Caulkin up. What would all of these super rich people stand to gain from being publically told to naff off by the sports direct man? I doubt Caulkin is that gullible either.

It's obviously real.

In which case the whole deal should have been dismissed by now, but the club seem to be going along with it. Having already called her a time waster once, would be pretty cynical to let the rumours keep flying if they really believe that's what she is.

In which case the whole deal should have been dismissed by now, but the club seem to be going along with it. Having already called her a timewaster once, would be pretty cynical to let the rumours keep flying if they really believe that's what she is.

You can't seriously expect this club to be honest can you?  :lol: :lol:

In which case the whole deal should have been dismissed by now, but the club seem to be going along with it. Having already called her a timewaster once, would be pretty cynical to let the rumours keep flying if they really believe that's what she is.

You can't seriously expect this club to be honest can you?  :lol: :lol:

No, but it would take a pretty elaborate conspiracy for Staveley, the Saudis and Ashley to all be in bed together to lead Caulkin up the garden path.

It's 2 and a half years (to the day I believe) that Staveley was first shown in the crowd against Liverpool. So her interest goes back before then, probably 3 years.

Didn't Rafa get her involved too?

Didn't Rafa get her involved too?

That's my understanding, which is the only piece of info that makes me believe she could be genuine.

But since then she's had a lovely curry and piss up with Mike and a mutual friend, so fuck knows what to believe at this point.

In a way it would be a shame that it happened during lockdown, football is in limbo at the minute, makes it a bit harder to celebrate. But still...f*** yeah if it happens.

I think the opposite. Imagine football is shut down until June or July, we emerge from our nuclear bunkers to new owners and Steve Bacon replaced by a proper manager ahead of the next transfer window :sweetjesus:

Yeah but we have to wait until June at the earliest to celebrate it, will be fantastic when we get there, but right now it feels like football is a million miles away.

Couldn't give a shite about the wait. Would increase the joy imo.

Aye same. Would be amazing knowing when things settle down we’ve got this to look forward to.