Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest neesy111

The only reason I think this could happen is that Ashley has massively lowered his price, otherwise it's stupid to buy an asset near the seller's original valuation at this time.

Guest neesy111

How much has his businesses and fortune suffered because of Covid-19? Not that I think anything will happen, just curious.

That's impossible to say.  It will have been negatively affected but that's the same for almost everyone at the moment.

How much has his businesses and fortune suffered because of Covid-19? Not that I think anything will happen, just curious.

That's impossible to say.  It will have been negatively affected but that's the same for almost everyone at the moment.

Yeah almost thought so, but cheers anyway.

The only reason I think this could happen is that Ashley has massively lowered his price, otherwise it's stupid to buy an asset near the seller's original valuation at this time.

It says in the Caulkin piece that the price has dropped significantly, can only see SD plummeting value being the driver to that, Ashley will be in full on panic mode if his baby falls to its knees.

there's about a billion reasons you sell at this point, and I can only assume MA dropped his price for a quick "fuck it" let me get my liquidity or dropped any of his outrageous demands. If you have money and are able to move quickly it's the perfect out for MA.

be crazy if this deal happens.

Guest neesy111

What I think might happen is that he'll have this deal as his get out of jail card to bring in some hard cash, however it'll only be his last resort.

Is this new information?

"The Times understands that Newcastle officials have sent paperwork to the Premier League outlining the proposed takeover of the club by the Public Investment Fund (PIF) of Saudi Arabia, a move that is seen as significant"