Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

This is a business for PIF / AS / etc as well, currency plays a massive part.

As per my previous reply, it's a huge swing within the USD to GBP, the swing since December to now makes the deal and MA needs cash flow, this is the only cash injection / cash flow of all MA assets right now that will give him that.

Guest chopey

So we fucked about for 13 years trying to get rid of Ashley and all it took was a global pandemic costing billions and thousands of lives...........who knew.

Guest neesy111

wonder if he smells some delicious disaster capitalism on the horizon for himself, +£300m in ready cash would buy a lot of shite alright

While true, because of the amount of retailers he owns he's massively exposed to economic downturn.

wonder if he smells some delicious disaster capitalism on the horizon for himself, +£300m in ready cash would buy a lot of shite alright

Not really - he's spent the past 18 months overloading his company with debt and failed high street companies.  This couldn't have come at a worse time for him.

He will be involved in disaster capitalism sure, but he'll be the one the vultures will be ripping apart.

Would be ironic if one of the worst health scares in world history finally got us rid of an even bigger malgnant virus called Mike Ashley.

I’ll be disappointed if, after things go back to normal, there’s no banner saying ”Mike Ashley - worse than Covid-19” or similar.

Caulkin has completely dragged me right in and I can't wait for the Lockdown Takeover Party! :D Ashley's last parting shot selling up during this!

Surely, this bastard time!

In a way it would be a shame that it happened during lockdown, football is in limbo at the minute, makes it a bit harder to celebrate. But still...fuck yeah if it happens.

Caulkin has completely dragged me right in and I can't wait for the Lockdown Takeover Party! :D Ashley's last parting shot selling up during this!

In a way it would be a shame that it happened during lockdown, football is in limbo at the minute, makes it a bit harder to celebrate. But still...fuck yeah if it happens.

Definitely mate with sadly what's going on in the world.

Hopefully it gets announced the day after Lockdown is removed!

Don't do it to yourself, Paully.

It'll be gutting if Caulkin has put this story out with no substance to back it up. Why didn't he just leave well alone ?

Definitely mate with sadly what's going on in the world.

Hopefully it gets announced the day after Lockdown is removed!

Aye, we can always look on the bright side.  :lol:

Surely, this b****** time!

In a way it would be a shame that it happened during lockdown, football is in limbo at the minute, makes it a bit harder to celebrate. But still...f*** yeah if it happens.

I think the opposite. Imagine football is shut down until June or July, we emerge from our nuclear bunkers to new owners and Steve Bacon replaced by a proper manager ahead of the next transfer window :sweetjesus:

Surely, this b****** time!

In a way it would be a shame that it happened during lockdown, football is in limbo at the minute, makes it a bit harder to celebrate. But still...f*** yeah if it happens.

I think the opposite. Imagine football is shut down until June or July, we emerge from our nuclear bunkers to new owners and Steve Bacon replaced by a proper manager ahead of the next transfer window :sweetjesus:

Yeah but we have to wait until June at the earliest to celebrate it, will be fantastic when we get there, but right now it feels like football is a million miles away.