Women's Football

In the end, we were beaten by a better side.

I only tune into women's football when a major tournament comes round, but I must say that there's been a marked improvement in quality this time round, not just with England but other teams too.

Whether all this is going to lead to major developments in the standing of the club game is another matter though.

I thought the USA looked the better team all round, better athletes, better physically, held their shape well and looked a much stronger and professional outfit from the moment it kicked off.  England seemed to huff and puff like every other English side but its never enough to progress to a final. 

Neville scares me, if he insists that his team play from the back then you have to have the players to do that.  You cant expect players who cant play that way to suddenly become a well drilled team to run with it in a semi final.  Every other team will cotton on and put pressure on the back and stop them playing out.  They looked shaky at the back form the beginning of the tournament.

Luke Edwards is a bitter arsehole. The line about her husband is so unnecessary. Like when someone makes a ‘yer maw’ joke and you respond with ‘actually my mums dead’ to make them feel bad.

Guest chopey

I think he has shown his true colours over the summer I've been banned by both I'm and Patrick Barclay over the past week on twitter because I had a different opinion to them.

85th minute they needed someone to step in and tell them to calm down. They were  playing as if they had 90 seconds left of the game. Then the red card happened. Game management wise it wasn't very good from the coaching staff.

Luke Edwards is a bitter arsehole. The line about her husband is so unnecessary. Like when someone makes a ‘yer maw’ joke and you respond with ‘actually my mums dead’ to make them feel bad.

That video is fucking embarrassing.

Last night's game had 11.7 viewers, the most watched TV program of 2019 so far.

Who’s the poor sod who only counts as 0.7?

Oscar Pistorius?

Best to wear a bullet proof vest when you go to the bog later.

That video is fucking embarrassing.

:lol: Fox Soccer, cunts? Inconceivable.

Still wish they had the CL, mind.

So the Premier League are on about taking over the woman’s super league.

It would be nice if the majority of Premier League clubs could have decent women’s teams. The amount of money they receive now theirs no excuse for them not to at least be developing female players on their academies.

It will be a huge step forward if they do take over the WSL. Right now the WSL is the only fully professional league in Europe. With Premier League backing there's the potential for bigger tv deals, increased sponsorship and more prize money etc. It wouldn't surprise me if they push to go from 12 teams to 16 within the next few years with a view to adding more clubs affiliated with PL teams. They clearly have an eye on capitalising on both the success and interest of the World Cup and the massive brand names already built in the Premier League.

There's a lot of work to do though to really make changes. The average WSL crowd is still less than 1,000 and that's not going to change overnight. I'd imagine that will be a key area they look to target. There also needs to be involvement from FIFA with regards to contracts. Players on year long contracts being able to move from club to club without compensation will kill the game at grass roots level. The money simply must filter down and not be kept among the top few teams. There's also a lot of centralised contact issues like with the USA where players won't be picked for the national team if they play outwith their own domestic league.

It could be complicated but even the suggestion of talks right now hints at a promising future where the best talent will end up coming here to play.

Just booked to take the kids to see the Lionesses at Wembley in November vs Germany. 2 nights in a hotel actually next to the stadium only cost £220 all in for 4 of us. Also because one of my kids is disabled the tickets only cost £8.20 the lot right near the front and halfway line. Quite looking forward to it after the misery Newcastle has brought us all, though my 5yr daughter keeps mentioning Rafa more than me. When I told her it was her birthday treat she said yeah but whats the point Rafa won`t be there  :lol: