Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

40 000 would still be a success , its just the start

40k would be incredible, however the cynic in me thinks that the club would just give every unsold ticket away to local schools, students, nhs etc to minimise the impact

Over 20% boycotting wouldnt make much difference?

Disagree.

We had similar attendances when we first returned from championship back in 2010.

Anyway that wasn’t my point, I think the boycott is doomed to fail and proposed an alternative which people haven’t focussed on, instead you’re all commenting on a random figure I pulled out of my head.

I have also cancelled my ST, so I am boycotting regardless.

Agree if the crowd slips down to 30 000 thats fantastic , will look

s*** for the tv cameras and gives boycotters a huge boost when arguing with those still going . Every success is welcome even if it starts small and then builds

I think 30k was me probably being optimistic. Realistically we're looking at 40k arent we. Which won't make much of a difference.

I'd be stunned if it's under 50k. People can't themselves, won't be told what to do, need to support the lads etc

Guest covmag

First games of season are never sell outs.you still have folk on holiday , couple that with non renewed SC and I fully expect the crowd to be 47k announced  with around 43k actually in the ground.

Far too many but some fuckers just cant help themselves, worst fans in my eyes.

For this to be considered a success you would have to ask what it would take to get these people to pack it in. In terms of how the owner is treating the fans it can't really get any worse can it? I think 30k would be success but 40k not so sure.

Guest The Little Waster

For this to be considered a success you would have to ask what it would take to get these people to pack it in. In terms of how the owner is treating the fans it can't really get any worse can it? I think 30k would be success but 40k not so sure.

40 000 for a proper first effort would be good enough . Even if its only pared down to 35 000 over a season thats still a massive inroad and worth doing

Guest reefatoon

Fans like that deserve Ashley and all the misery he can pour on them. Absolute cock end.