Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

How long til the "hardcores" turn? Another couple of beatings in the league then rochdale beating us at home.

Walking away from the fans today is good foreshadowing for his heel turn and blaming them for negativity in a couple of weeks.

Guest chopey

How long til the "hardcores" turn. Another couple of beatings in the league then rochdale beating us at home.

Walking away from the fans today is good foreshadowing for his heel turn and blaming them for negativity in a couple of weeks.

Lot of booing at the final whistle today

pretty sure i just heard him on talksport saying he was surprised that we went to rochdale and dominated them so much

I was surprised too tbh. The players just do what comes instinctively, it's not like there was any set plan to dominate possession.

#nufc looking at signing a forward this month. "We've had a couple of knock backs already so we'll keep working away," Steve Bruce said. "It's very, very difficult, especially at that end of the pitch to get something and to get something that will make you better is difficult."

:lol: Not surprised

Reckons we were affected by Adrian Mutu having to go off.

Yeah , the same player he wouldn't let near the team for the best part of 3 months.

Muto wasn’t exactly good either, don’t know why he didn’t stick Sorensen on. Like for like.

How we play depends totally on which players start any given match. Since Matty Longstaff and Muto started the last two games, we've been passing it around more, albeit not that successfully. When Shelvey and Hayden are the midfielders, the ball is going long and high.

Bruce clearly doesn't have a style of play, he's just winging it. That's why it usually goes to shit when he makes any subs, the shape just goes out the window. Reminds me of Souness in a lot of ways, other than he's less miserable.

I'm sick of 5 at the back now like. We don't play well with it so what's the point.

Because it's the template what Rafa left - the players are used to it. However under Bruce, the players have clearly regressed. Not only that, we are badly missing Rondon and Perez.

Playing 3 at the back makes sense when everyone is fit imo, but when you're having to shoehorn a midfielder and rightback in there to keep it going it's time to have a rethink imo. Especially against a league 1 side

Another whinge about today but I’m already sick to death of that 5-3-2. It gives options to passing it around the back 4 and absolutely nothing else.

I said in the match thread, the back 5 were literally passing the ball sideways to each other, going absolutely nowhere....and what was perplexing about it was Hayden was one of those doing it. He's a midfielder, he could easily have carried the ball forward and given us some tempo, but then that's something which should be coming from the manager.