Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I really hate it when people refer to the incompetent pricks such as bruce, allerdyce, pulis, pardew et al as "dinosaurs". Like, I get what they mean but dinosaurs are fucking cool, they make toys and films out of them and childhoods bearable. Stop hating on dinosaurs. And don't get me started on calling lasses "dogs"...

If the crowd turn do you reckon he's got the cajones to stick it out or would quit at the end of the season?

He'd wait to get sacked. We all know he's got 0 self respect so money >>> . His mates in the media turning on the fans would be a laugh riot too.

Yeah, he would never quit. No chance.

Quitting because you have been terrible and the fans are unhappy with you is a high character move in actuality.

Yeah, totally agree with this. I was flabbergasted when people were saying that mcclaren was such a man of his word as he hadn't quit amongst his impending sacking and Rafa rumours. That arsehole was totally hanging on for the cash, as he had done so at Derby. Man, the amount of managers we have had (under ashley too) that have just made me embarrassed for being a Newcastle fan is staggering. This is just the latest incarnation of cackness. It's almost like if Dr Who was a literal pile of shit and kept regenerating at this club in different forms (with the odd exception, obvs).

they'll just drop it without a thought.... they'll live off the "bruce has got them to the 5th round which Rafa didn't do" for a few days at least until WBA kick our arses.  After that it will be intangible shite like how he has engendered 'team spirit' 'togetherness' or how a Bruce team will play "attractive" football.

they'll just drop it without a thought.... they'll live off the "bruce has got them to the 5th round which Rafa didn't do" for a few days at least until WBA kick our arses.  After that it will be intangible shite like how he has engendered 'team spirit' 'togetherness' or how a Bruce team will play "attractive" football.

Rafa could only have dreamed about managing to beat the mighty Rochdale and Oxford too.

"So lads, this one's been cooked rare. Can anyone tells me what it represents this season?"

"How rare attacking performances have been this season?"

"No Big Andy. Rare as in soft and tender like your hamstrings."

"Now this one's been cooked medium. What does this represent?"

"The area on the pitch where Joelinton is found most?

"Why youuuuu"

"Finally can anyone tell me how this one has been cooked?

"Well done?"

"Thanks lads it's much appreciated."

If the crowd turn do you reckon he's got the cajones to stick it out or would quit at the end of the season?

He'd wait to get sacked. We all know he's got 0 self respect so money >>> . His mates in the media turning on the fans would be a laugh riot too.

IDK, i feel you're right but he's extraordinarily touchy and emotional when he's received the slightest of criticisms - a sustained period of abuse might break the cunt

I really hate it when people refer to the incompetent pricks such as bruce, allerdyce, pulis, pardew et al as "dinosaurs". Like, I get what they mean but dinosaurs are fucking cool, they make toys and films out of them and childhoods bearable. Stop hating on dinosaurs. And don't get me started on calling lasses "dogs"...

IDK, i feel you're right but he's extraordinarily touchy and emotional when he's received the slightest of criticisms - a sustained period of abuse might break the cunt

All managers are though and even then he's not as bad as he was earlier in the season. I think he genuinely thought he'd be a lot more welcomed and eased off because he's local. He hung around Villa long enough to get sacked and he was getting dogs abuse there, likewise the mackems.

I'm not normally one to jump on journalists, especially people just posting opinions on Twitter, as footballs an opinion based game, and what I think is right, others think is wrong, and I'd much rather have a discussion with someone then an Online flame war that has no discernible value. That being said, there is something about Luke Edwards, the fact he seems the revel in the critism and continually contradict himself, and this article is the biggest pile of drivel I've read in a long time:

Newcastle United is a wonderful club in a magnificent city but it can be claustrophobic, a difficult and demanding place to play football. It can feel so intense at times that it is difficult to breath let alone relax and reflect, suffocating and stifling.

And the walls are closing in on the team and manager Steve Bruce, the atmosphere, toxic all season, is now so poisonous it could prove fatal. Relegation is a very clear and present danger again.

Newcastle is a club that is never far away from a crisis. It is the heavy price you pay when you have an owner like Mike Ashley, a management structure which lacks the required talent and expertise and a recruitment model that views players as individuals, never as part of a coherent team building project.

There was always going to come a time this season when Newcastle faltered and floundered. They are not a very good team, have not been playing well and got lucky so many times over the course of the first half of the season, you always knew there would come a point when that deserted them too.

It was always the danger, it was what we all thought would happen last summer when Rafa Benitez refused his new contract, left it until five weeks before the start of the season to admit it and Steve Bruce was hastily appointed as an emergency replacement.

It stank of desperation because it was and all but a few predicted Bruce would be a disaster, especially with a team that had been stuck in a desperate relegation battle all last season and lost two thirds of its goals over the summer with the departures of Salomon Rondon and Ayoze Perez.

Disaster looked unavoidable, yet, for six months, it has been. Newcastle have not been in the bottom three since August, they were tenth in January, they are in the Fifth Round of the FA Cup for the first time in more than a decade. They were, for all their limitations and the ugliness of the football, doing well.

Bruce had stabilised things, defied the doubters and Newcastle had something every team that deserves admiration possesses - a refusal to be beaten easily, a never give up attitude and a strong team spirit. They played badly, but found a way to win, to collect points and stay out of trouble.

It deserved praise. It barely got any. Even when they were winning, Newcastle’s players were told they were rubbish, the manager clueless, “a relegation team in all but points total” according to one local critic, never shy to attack. It was a snappy soundbite.

It won support, it preached to the already converted, it gained traction and it painted the picture people wanted to see. Even when Newcastle were winning, even when they were beating Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Sheffield United and Chelsea, drawing with Manchester City and Wolves away, the manager and team have been told they are crap. Nothing is good enough and the manager certainly never will be.

Some of us refused to jump so such a conclusion, preferring to wait and see how Bruce did before he was condemned, derided and dismissed as a mistake.

It is, after all, the fair and reasonable thing to do with all managers, especially at a club that also expected Chris Hughton and Alan Pardew to be horrendous failures, only to end up pleasantly surprised when the former took Newcastle back into the Premier League in style and the latter took the Magpies back into Europe with a fifth-placed finish at the end of his first full season in the dugout.

Rationale and reasonable were not what anybody wanted, though. There was anger, vitriol, pain and sadness. Benitez offered hope, light amid the darkness of the Ashley regime. So, when he went, the darkness and depression returned.

A flag of Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez is unfurled in the Leazes end during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Leicester City at St. James Park on September 29, 2018 in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.

A flag of Newcastle manager Rafa Benitez is unfurled in the Leazes end during the Premier League match between Newcastle United and Leicester City at St. James Park on September 29, 2018 in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom.

Nobody wanted to hear that Benitez was also partly to blame for his departure, that his refusal to compromise and the overriding attraction of a £12m-a-year-contract in China could not be dismissed or ignored. But that did not fit the popular narrative, it did not tell anyone what they wanted to hear, not at a club that had a dedicated band of supporters, in their thousands, not hundreds, who vowed “If Rafa goes, we go.”

They were true to their word too, at least 8,000 fans deserting the team, staying away but not losing interest. Everything, though, had to be negative, it had to be critical, it had to argue everything had turned sour. It has seeped into the foundations, it has shaped media coverage, perceptions and even when results were good, it fuelled negativity and a sense of impending doom.

There were two things you were not allowed to do according to the rule of the mob. You could not criticise Benitez’s behaviour or decision to leave and you could not argue Bruce deserved to be shown some respect and be given some time to show what he could do, before we rushed to judged.

I did both, write what you think and know, not what people want to hear is always a decent starting point as a football journalist. It made me a target for abuse, a social media lightening rod every time Newcastle lost.

So, when Newcastle won, I argued back, I pointed out things were going far better than they had thought, that maybe Bruce deserved some praise. I also enjoy arguing, although not on a rare weekend off with friends in Sheffield last week, who laughed at the comments I have received. They know me better than anyone, but even they were shocked by some of it, especially when it poured in even after I had told people I was off work, drinking in the same pub I celebrated my 18th birthday in, erm, a long time after.

It was an argument I was winning too, but not anymore. The tide has turned, Newcastle’s bad performances are being punished, they are back in trouble and Bruce looks confused, unsure and uncertain.

The players have lost confidence and belief, they are in trouble, real trouble. It has been coming for weeks, there is no point claiming otherwise. The team has lost the things that made them likeable and, yes, successful to a point. They are becoming easy to beat and they do, indeed, look increasingly clueless as an offensive force.

Football Nerd REFERRAL (Article)

Where do Newcastle and Bruce go from here? Well, this is what managers are paid to do. There was always going to be a spell like this when results would be poor, and the critical background noise would become so loud it would drown everything else out. He has to deal with it, shield the players, keep them going and find a way to win again

Because, despite everything, despite the £40m striker who cannot score goals, Joelinton, despite the three loan signings made in January, shoved into the team at Crystal Palace, who look ill prepared, despite the run of just one win in nine league games and disjointed performances, confused tactics and lack of coherent attacking plan, Newcastle are still seven points clear of the drop zone and three of their next four league games are at home.

They are still doing ok, they are still not a relegation team because of their points total and all is not lost. Nobody has failed, not yet.

The rest is up to Bruce and his players because they might only need another nine points to be safe. Then we can talk about style of football, long term plans and everything else, because then it matters.

This season was always going to be a survival battle, anyone who says differently is deluded, wants Bruce to fail or is so bitter towards the club they have forgotten why they were complaining about Ashley in the first place.

Context is crucial, regardless of what you might think if you pay too much attention to social media. It’s going to be fascinating to watch how things unfold and I will be arguing, as ever, while it does.

I'm not normally one to jump on journalists, especially people just posting opinions on Twitter, as footballs an opinion based game, and what I think is right, others think is wrong, and I'd much rather have a discussion with someone then an Online flame war that has no discernible value. That being said, there is something about Luke Edwards, the fact he seems the revel in the critism and continually contradict himself, and this article is the biggest pile of drivel I've read in a long time:

Newcastle United is a wonderful club in a magnificent city but it can be claustrophobic, a difficult and demanding place to play football. It can feel so intense at times that it is difficult to breath let alone relax and reflect, suffocating and stifling.

And the walls are closing in on the team and manager Steve Bruce, the atmosphere, toxic all season, is now so poisonous it could prove fatal. Relegation is a very clear and present danger again.

Newcastle is a club that is never far away from a crisis. It is the heavy price you pay when you have an owner like Mike Ashley, a management structure which lacks the required talent and expertise and a recruitment model that views players as individuals, never as part of a coherent team building project.

There was always going to come a time this season when Newcastle faltered and floundered. They are not a very good team, have not been playing well and got lucky so many times over the course of the first half of the season, you always knew there would come a point when that deserted them too.

It was always the danger, it was what we all thought would happen last summer when Rafa Benitez refused his new contract, left it until five weeks before the start of the season to admit it and Steve Bruce was hastily appointed as an emergency replacement.

It stank of desperation because it was and all but a few predicted Bruce would be a disaster, especially with a team that had been stuck in a desperate relegation battle all last season and lost two thirds of its goals over the summer with the departures of Salomon Rondon and Ayoze Perez.

Disaster looked unavoidable, yet, for six months, it has been. Newcastle have not been in the bottom three since August, they were tenth in January, they are in the Fifth Round of the FA Cup for the first time in more than a decade. They were, for all their limitations and the ugliness of the football, doing well.

Bruce had stabilised things, defied the doubters and Newcastle had something every team that deserves admiration possesses - a refusal to be beaten easily, a never give up attitude and a strong team spirit. They played badly, but found a way to win, to collect points and stay out of trouble.

It deserved praise. It barely got any. Even when they were winning, Newcastle’s players were told they were rubbish, the manager clueless, “a relegation team in all but points total” according to one local critic, never shy to attack. It was a snappy soundbite.

It won support, it preached to the already converted, it gained traction and it painted the picture people wanted to see. Even when Newcastle were winning, even when they were beating Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester United, Sheffield United and Chelsea, drawing with Manchester City and Wolves away, the manager and team have been told they are crap. Nothing is good enough and the manager certainly never will be.

Some of us refused to jump so such a conclusion, preferring to wait and see how Bruce did before he was condemned, derided and dismissed as a mistake.

It is, after all, the fair and reasonable thing to do with all managers, especially at a club that also expected Chris Hughton and Alan Pardew to be horrendous failures, only to end up pleasantly surprised when the former took Newcastle back into the Premier League in style and the latter took the Magpies back into Europe with a fifth-placed finish at the end of his first full season in the dugout.

Rationale and reasonable were not what anybody wanted, though. There was anger, vitriol, pain and sadness. Benitez offered hope, light amid the darkness of the Ashley regime. So, when he went, the darkness and depression returned.

Nobody wanted to hear that Benitez was also partly to blame for his departure, that his refusal to compromise and the overriding attraction of a £12m-a-year-contract in China could not be dismissed or ignored. But that did not fit the popular narrative, it did not tell anyone what they wanted to hear, not at a club that had a dedicated band of supporters, in their thousands, not hundreds, who vowed “If Rafa goes, we go.”

They were true to their word too, at least 8,000 fans deserting the team, staying away but not losing interest. Everything, though, had to be negative, it had to be critical, it had to argue everything had turned sour. It has seeped into the foundations, it has shaped media coverage, perceptions and even when results were good, it fuelled negativity and a sense of impending doom.

There were two things you were not allowed to do according to the rule of the mob. You could not criticise Benitez’s behaviour or decision to leave and you could not argue Bruce deserved to be shown some respect and be given some time to show what he could do, before we rushed to judged.

I did both, write what you think and know, not what people want to hear is always a decent starting point as a football journalist. It made me a target for abuse, a social media lightening rod every time Newcastle lost.

So, when Newcastle won, I argued back, I pointed out things were going far better than they had thought, that maybe Bruce deserved some praise. I also enjoy arguing, although not on a rare weekend off with friends in Sheffield last week, who laughed at the comments I have received. They know me better than anyone, but even they were shocked by some of it, especially when it poured in even after I had told people I was off work, drinking in the same pub I celebrated my 18th birthday in, erm, a long time after.

It was an argument I was winning too, but not anymore. The tide has turned, Newcastle’s bad performances are being punished, they are back in trouble and Bruce looks confused, unsure and uncertain.

The players have lost confidence and belief, they are in trouble, real trouble. It has been coming for weeks, there is no point claiming otherwise. The team has lost the things that made them likeable and, yes, successful to a point. They are becoming easy to beat and they do, indeed, look increasingly clueless as an offensive force.

Football Nerd REFERRAL (Article)

Where do Newcastle and Bruce go from here? Well, this is what managers are paid to do. There was always going to be a spell like this when results would be poor, and the critical background noise would become so loud it would drown everything else out. He has to deal with it, shield the players, keep them going and find a way to win again

Because, despite everything, despite the £40m striker who cannot score goals, Joelinton, despite the three loan signings made in January, shoved into the team at Crystal Palace, who look ill prepared, despite the run of just one win in nine league games and disjointed performances, confused tactics and lack of coherent attacking plan, Newcastle are still seven points clear of the drop zone and three of their next four league games are at home.

They are still doing ok, they are still not a relegation team because of their points total and all is not lost. Nobody has failed, not yet.

The rest is up to Bruce and his players because they might only need another nine points to be safe. Then we can talk about style of football, long term plans and everything else, because then it matters.

This season was always going to be a survival battle, anyone who says differently is deluded, wants Bruce to fail or is so bitter towards the club they have forgotten why they were complaining about Ashley in the first place.

Context is crucial, regardless of what you might think if you pay too much attention to social media. It’s going to be fascinating to watch how things unfold and I will be arguing, as ever, while it does.

honestly feel embarrassed for the man after reading that, tragic stuff

He's best off ignored.

He's proven himself unable to be impartial and like his colleagues at the Telegraph clearly enjoys honest people having their lives made worse for no reason other than to satisfy his own personal desires.

Crying on like a bellend day after day because someone called his hero a nasty pasty even though he's had nothing but support in the ground.

Yeah, he would never quit. No chance.

Quitting because you have been terrible and the fans are unhappy with you is a high character move in actuality.

Yeah, totally agree with this. I was flabbergasted when people were saying that mcclaren was such a man of his word as he hadn't quit amongst his impending sacking and Rafa rumours. That arsehole was totally hanging on for the cash, as he had done so at Derby. Man, the amount of managers we have had (under ashley too) that have just made me embarrassed for being a Newcastle fan is staggering. This is just the latest incarnation of cackness. It's almost like if Dr Who was a literal pile of shit and kept regenerating at this club in different forms (with the odd exception, obvs).

:lol: