Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest neesy111

I'm absolutely convinced it was a deliberate coaching plan to get all of defenders to start scoring while our strikers couldn't hit a barn door.

if you were in bruce's shoes and were looking to change the system

If you're in Bruce's shoes, you know you can't change the system!  They're all too set in their ways cos Rafa.

Including the new signings somehow. Rose, Bentaleb, St Max, Joelinton, Lazarro - half of the starting lineup at the weekend were signed since Rafa left.

if you were in bruce's shoes and were looking to change the system

If you're in Bruce's shoes, you know you can't change the system!  They're all too set in their ways cos Rafa.

Including the new signings somehow. Rose, Bentaleb, St Max, Joelinton, Lazarro - half of the starting lineup at the weekend were signed since Rafa left.

Aye, but they've all seen Rafa's interviews and it's led them to question Bruce's proven [to fail] methods.

Guest The Little Waster

Heartwarming to see a lot of sensible people say they're cancelling the ST after trying to stick it out. Unless these free tickets are carried over and increased its going to be a ghost town next year.

You said it 🤪

I bet he extends the 10-year plan thing. Even just by an extra season at the same price as they’ve been paying the last 10 years, I could see something like that.

He's going to have to, if Bruce somehow squeaks through to the end of the season keeping us up, who in their right mind is going to want to pay to watch another season of this, probably worse than this? Granted there's a few there that are not, never have been and never will be in their right mind but Ashley is fast running out of consumers for this botched product he's peddling.

I bet he extends the 10-year plan thing. Even just by an extra season at the same price as they’ve been paying the last 10 years, I could see something like that.

He'll do something to keep the numbers up. In any case, you might get another couple of thousand dropping out, the majority of them will get duped one way or another. Maybe with another fakeover story.

Deal comes with a super exclusive pin badge that you can only get the new 10 year plan. Those wearing it at the games can take some solace in knowing that the bloke sitting next to them with a free half season ticket didn't get a super exclusive pin badge.

If you're changing the system, I'm going with:

Dubravka

Hayden      Lascelles      Lejeune      Rose

Schar                Matty

Miggy

Lazaro/Jo                                    ASM

Gayle/Carroll

or

Dubravka

Schar    Lascelles    Lejeune

Lazaro/Yed                                  Rose/Ritchie   

Hayden

Muto/Jo            Miggy              ASM             

Gayle/Carroll

the second lineup assumes 3 CBs (2 ball players), 2 wingbacks, 1 holding CM, 2 wide forwards, Miggy as a #10 and a pure on striker.

You ever notice how people only ever start suggesting and posting formations when we have a shite manager? :lol:

It's so depressing man. It's confirmation we have a clueless no mark in the job, and everyone knows they can do better :lol:

Timely reminder that the season is almost coming to an end and he has not tried anything innovative all season! I have seen a few articles that suggest the big change that is coming is again trying the 3-5-2 that made us look even worse earlier on this season :lol:

The 3-5-2 that makes it difficult to fit in ASM and Miggy who are our most likely source of any kind of success at this point. Fun times ahead.

The 3-5-2 could make sense if you have Lejeune and Schar playing next to Lascelles playing the ball out the back and hitting the wingbacks deep. Perhaps instead of a central 3 you have 2 holding players sitting in front of the back 3, and 1 gets forward and 1 purely sits. You can then have Miggy playing as a legit #10 advanced role. The 2 strikers then are ASM and 1 of Gayle/Jo/Carroll. Mutu coming off the bench to change things up. The 2 holding players should be Hayden and 1 of Benteleb/Shelvey/Longstaff/Longstaff.

The 3-5-2 could make sense if you have Lejeune and Schar playing next to Lascelles playing the ball out the back and hitting the wingbacks deep. Perhaps instead of a central 3 you have 2 holding players sitting in front of the back 3, and 1 gets forward and 1 purely sits. You can then have Miggy playing as a legit #10 advanced role. The 2 strikers then are ASM and 1 of Gayle/Jo/Carroll. Mutu coming off the bench to change things up. The 2 holding players should be Hayden and 1 of Benteleb/Shelvey/Longstaff/Longstaff.

:yao:

I love your optimism!

Yes, it could work. Just like our current formation could work too.

It's the clown in charge that ensures nothing comes close to working.

He's just going to throw two strikers up top and thinks that should mean more goals. Pardew logic man.

Yeah, I know man. Your post was spot on by the way.

I'm constantly amazed by the clarity and ideas from posters on here on the team, and things we could at least try to do differently.

Meanwhile the manager just throws out the same team every single game with no improvement and no changes. It's extraordinary stuff.

Guest Howaythetoon

The players would probably do better if they lined up in random positions and just played on instinct for the duration of a match which is what tends to happen anyway.

There is nothing Bruce can do to enhance a player’s game or improve the team, positionally, tactically, stylistically, instructional, command or whatever.

Bruce only does the opposite.

It says everything the players will have to help the manager the most from drowning so he doesn’t sink, while they are sinking under him.

It’s a shite state of affairs tommy!

Formation doesn't mean anything unless there's tactics and plans - the 3-4-3 currently "works" because the players are (largely) named in familiar roles where they don't need guidance from Bruce. Any formation change is going to require the players to figure out for themselves what their new role is - something that might take weeks.

If only there was a manager with an idea that he could implement at training to speed the process up...