Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I've just watched motd2 this morning and was rattled they used Caulkin's tweet before playing our game saying "Steve Bruce isn't the problem". We definitely have a bigger problem but the free pass Bruce is getting in the media despite us being absolutely woeful is starting to irritate me on a similar scale to how Pardew was defended.

What would make you happy? Bruce to get all the blame, or to get the sack? As all you can hope for is a slightly better manager whilst Ashley is still here. Me, I'd rather the worst possible manager as it exposes Ashley's ill-intentions towards the club.

This club is not worthy of anybody's support, whether the manager is Bruce or not is irrelevant.

Reluctantly quoting myself from another thread here because otherwise I feel like I'm going to be repeating myself a lot on this:

I don't think us being in the Championship increases the chances of the club being sold. If we're not in the Premier League the chances of being taken over by anyone actually worthwhile are little to none. A lot of those reasons are Mike Ashley.

I like it when we win games. Losing games is shit and although football isn't life or death for me (or close as it once was) I'm still a miserable cunt when we lose on a weekend.

I, like a lot of people, haven't been to a game since Rafa left. I genuinely believe that if more people had stayed away (I'm looking at the free ticket lot) and fan action had continued, enough pressure would build and Mike would finally concede to one of these takeover attempts.

So getting relegated and keeping Ashley and Bruce for another couple of years just seems like a shit idea. This wave of support for us to go down lately is getting all a bit Brexity. Absolutely no foundation of how it would be better for us but lets just stick it to the man. No. We'll be whinging in match day threads after the mackems turn us over again because of another fat head tactical masterclass.

Yes I want Bruce to be sacked. I would prefer it we played better football. Even with our poor ownership and investment this is level of football is trash. That is Steve Bruce and his coaching staff's fault.

You "hope we lose and get relegated lot" need to come up with a catchy Brexit-like slogan.

Sunday training??????????    The problem is that 'Practice makes permanent'  Not 'practice makes perfect'

The training they have been doing has made them worse so more practicing will not make them better but will have the reverse effect

Unfortunately the odd defeat here and there is to be expected when you play nothing but all out attacking football.

Just look at Liverpool.

Arguably the best attacking side in the world right now but could do nothing to stop Atlético Madrid.

So with well over 300 defeats, is there a case to be made for Steve Bruce being the greatest attacking manager of all time?

if you were in bruce's shoes and were looking to change the system for the rest of the season what would you do?  i'd probably go something like

--------------dubs------------------

manq---lascelles---clark----rose---

-------------hayden----------------

---longstaff--------shortstaff------

----------------joey-----------------

-------ASM---------almiron-------- 

put clark but would prefer Lejeune however he'd need easing back into things

3 midfielders fluid, one of them always available to take the ball from the CBs and the other two making space to receive a pass and get forward to support...joey drops deeper looking for the ball, no more long ball shite

if we're losing games, and we are, might as well have a fucking go

Dubravka

Schar    Lascelles    Lejeune      Rose

Hayden        Shelvey

Lazaro                                            ASM

Miggy            Gayle

Keep the defensive shape, try and hit teams with pace.

shelvey is proven shite, don't want him anywhere near the team personally, all you guarantee is sitting deep and launching hollywood balls...it wouldn't solve our problems one bit unless he can go on a scoring run again which he's basically never done his entire career

" he deserves credit for our form in November and December " Alex Hurst / twitter

What form was this ??

He deserves credit for all the luck in the world falling on us for large parts of the season according to some.

" he deserves credit for our form in November and December " Alex Hurst / twitter

What form was this ??

5 wins

4 defeats

1 draw

Compare that to last season, when I'm pretty sure Rafa was being slated by all sections of the media

4 wins

3 defeats

3 draws