Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

all it would take for the whole illusion of pundits defending him to be shattered would be a simple question to each of them....

Would you want him managing your club?

The awkward uncomfortable silence would be right up with there like a post Brent joke scene in The Office.... lots of looking at feet, avoiding eye contact, and the slightest excuse to change the subject

If we stuck with him we will be like Man city with Hughes. Things were not as competitive as today so we will be linging around 9th and 10th for the next two years the pundits don't care if we do that as long as the one of their dinosaur British coach is employed.

Aye, it's incredible how people can just gloss over the fucking awful stuff. How anyone can look at set piece goals and our GK being our highest passer (lol) and saving the most shots in the PL, and think its some sort of tactical plan is beyond me. And as someoone mentioned earlier, he doesn't like Schar/Lejeune, so we are reverting to JL/FF/. Both good CBs but I like having a ball playing CB in our side.

If anyone wants basically a perfect distillation of Bruce look at the Everton game where Lejeune scored.

Of course the set pieces are a tactic. We've clearly worked on them, and we're scoring more goals from them.  :lol:

The commentators said the other day that both Sheff United and Newcastle were firm favourites for relegation at the start of the season, despite that being utter bollocks. We were actually 9th favourites for relegation, but it's being used to justify Bruce doing a great job.

He's managed to keep us up, which is the bare minimum you'd expect. That puts him ahead of McClaren and Carver who took us to the cliff edge.

"Okay" in the realms of what Ashley's ownership restricts us to is probably midtable safety. "Okay" under new ownership may well end up being top 8, top 6 etc. before long.

I don't like Bruce and want him peddled ASAP. I'm just relieved he hasn't relegated us like I expected him to.

He's managed to keep us up, which is the bare minimum you'd expect. That puts him ahead of McClaren and Carver who took us to the cliff edge.

"Okay" in the realms of what Ashley's ownership restricts us to is probably midtable safety. "Okay" under new ownership may well end up being top 8, top 6 etc. before long.

I don't like Bruce and want him peddled ASAP. I'm just relieved he hasn't relegated us like I expected him to.

Well put, my thought exactly

I was worried about relegation too. For the sake of the takeover, for the sake of progressing the club forward - we had to stay up this season. Was vital.

I said when he was appointed that I expected him to start well, because we have been defensively well drilled for 3 years by Rafa. I always thought he'd struggle far more in his second season and would expect relegation nailed on for next season if the takeover doesn't happen.

I think his career also shows that he tends to start well then his sides get progressively worse as the friendly boss shine wears off.

Part of the reason we were so negative was because we appointed Steve Bruce, let's not forget. He's performed above the expectations that were incredibly low because he's Steve Bruce.

FWIW I don't hate him quite as much as I did when he arrived, but I look forward to him being gone.

Really don't get this "he's done better than expected so deserves credit" argument at all.

Would you say he's done okay then?

Define 'okay'?

Satisfactory but not especially good.

Then Yes, he's done 'okay' but to me okay doesn't equal credit.

Really don't get this "he's done better than expected so deserves credit" argument at all.

Would you say he's done okay then?

Define 'okay'?

Satisfactory but not especially good.

Then Yes, he's done 'okay' but to me okay doesn't equal credit.

Fair enough.