Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

That Man City home game in our first season back has a lot to answer for. As far as I can recall it's the only match which actually fits this constant '5-4-1' generalising of the team pre-Bruce. After Almiron arrived it wasn't remotely all-out-defence. You might as well call Conte's title-winning Chelsea side all-out-defence if you're gonna do that.

Bloke's just lying at this point. He can't get the team performing because he's a bad manager, it's a simple as that. Absolutely fuck all to do with what came before.

Interesting comparison. Conte's the only other manager I can recall who blamed the previous manager for the defence being rubbish. He managed to actually change things though.

I was comparing Conte to Rafa in that both played 3-4-3, or, to the thick, thin-skinned arseholes among us - '5-4-1'.

Yeah sorry, I was using your post to make a different point :lol:

What an absolute knackered man. Wonder how long he'll keep blaming Rafa for?

Jurgen Klopp.  :lol:

I'm sure Jurgen Klopp would be trying to shoehorn Andy Carroll into his side a year after transitioning to high press football based on speedy forwards.

Why did it not take Hasenhuttl or Potter this long to change Brighton & Southampton’s style of play? We’re not even talking top level, we’re talking traditionally smaller clubs who have a smaller budget than even Mike Ashley has given his manager and we can’t even dream of matching these.

Why do none of the journalists challenge him on the shite he talks? Was the same when Pardew was here

Harder now with it all done virtually, but they really should be writing up about how bad we are.

Because they're not fucking journalists.

What an absolute knackered man. Wonder how long he'll keep blaming Rafa for?

Jurgen Klopp.  :lol:

I'm sure Jurgen Klopp would be trying to shoehorn Andy Carroll into his side a year after transitioning to high press football based on speedy forwards.

Well he did put Steven Caulker up front for them like.

Why did it not take Hasenhuttl or Potter this long to change Brighton & Southampton’s style of play? We’re not even talking top level, we’re talking traditionally smaller clubs who have a smaller budget than even Mike Ashley has given his manager and we can’t even dream of matching these.

Totally agree - it's just a sad indictment of his terrible coaching.

Managers like Potter set the the tone on their first day. He will have a set of training drills he does that are specifically to do with retaining possession. He will have also have layed out exactly how he wants his side to set up, in terms of formation and in terms of where to press the ball etc.

That's what Bruce doesnt get, he thinks it's a switch you push from defence to attack, he thinks the most crucial part is team selection and motivation. He's an analogue manager living in a digital age, refusing to believe that football is any different to when he used to play, 442, get down the wings, real men, proper players.

Ask Steve Bruce what identity his sides have? He just doesnt understand the question.

absolutely right.

playing the same formation every game rather changing/adapting to each team we face. we are not liverpool.

and what is the obsession with "two up top". its like he wants a medal for it or something. its fine if one of the 2 is miggy or the like but not AC7.

at least the replies on that feed are calling him out on his bullshit, even if the journalists aren't.

Yep - since the Brighton display, NUFC twitter has been delightful as finally the majority of his supporters have woken up to the fact that he is a shit, lucky manager who talks utter shite!

at least the replies on that feed are calling him out on his bullshit, even if the journalists aren't.

Yep - since the Brighton display, NUFC twitter has been delightful as finally the majority of his supporters have woken up to the fact that he is a shit, lucky manager who talks utter shite!

I  couldn't agree more.

ten years from now.

Ten years from now we'll be the Barcelona of the National League North (Had to look it up :lol:). He'll be loving it, signing autographs in front of his statue.

absolutely right.

playing the same formation every game rather changing/adapting to each team we face. we are not liverpool.

and what is the obsession with "two up top". its like he wants a medal for it or something. its fine if one of the 2 is miggy or the like but not AC7.

It's bad enough having Shelvey who is half a midfielder playing but most sides have 3. That makes it 1 and half vs 3 central midfield players.

At worst you must bring Miggy/Joelinton in behind Wilson to drop back and help out the midfield.

You cannot, in any circumstances play a straight 442 in this league. You will get overwhelmed by worse sides with smarter tactics.