Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

There's another bit in the presser where the journo goes "lol sorry I need to ask you another question about [whatever subject]..." and Bruce is all "ahuheh it's better than tactics! It's better than tactics lolol!"

Fucking melt. Oh to have what we had before. Someone with talent, class, studiousness and - above all - the first clue of what to do. Doubt we'll ever experience another downgrade like this one.

There's another bit in the presser where the journo goes "lol sorry I need to ask you another question about [whatever subject]..." and Bruce is all "ahuheh it's better than tactics! It's better than tactics lolol!"

Fucking melt. Oh to have what we had before. Someone with talent, class, studiousness and - above all - the first clue of what to do. Doubt we'll ever experience another downgrade like this one.

From Sir Bobby to Souness

From Sir Bobby to Souness

Possibly, purely in terms of the quality of manager, but I was still a fan when Souness was here, despite him. This move killed my support stone dead.

In many ways Bruce's decision to make the hot-headed, yellow card-prone Lee Cattermole his captain proved emblematic of a rather gung-ho reign during which players such as David Meyler were rushed back from serious injuries only to suffer further complications, the idea of hiring a sports psychologist was dismissed and the manager boasted about his inability to send an email. While Bruce – who did finally learn how to log on last summer when the club issued him with an iPad – may well argue this lack of computer literacy was hardly relevant, many of his peers spend countless hours checking out the latest sports science innovations, researching transfer targets and analysing Prozone statistics on their increasingly indispensable laptops.

Unashamedly old school, Bruce believed that motivation was the key to management but the influx of overseas coaches has raised the Premier League's technical bar and despite his relative youth, he has begun to look suspiciously like a man whose era has passed.

Unlike many modern managers he did not coach the team himself, delegating that job to his assistant, Eric Black. While Bruce's undoubtedly engaging, humour-suffused, personality had a broad appeal, he fell out with quite a few players, most notably Kenwyne Jones, now at Stoke, and Anton Ferdinand, now at QPR and who had by common consensus finally emerged as Sunderland's outstanding defender when he was sold in August.

Is it the top bit of this, from the 2011 piece? Mentions his computer illiteracy

if the dopey fat cunt had kept quiet, there would have been absolutely no pressure on him.

no crowds to jeer/abuse him and fuck all in the media.

he really has fucked it up for himself. there was just no need.

its simply because he hasnt got a clue what to do and is starting to panic.

going to bring even more scrutiny on himself now.