Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Let’s see how much he’s learned on Wednesday. The WBA/Leeds back-to-back has a similar feel to West Ham/Brighton. Will he adapt to their high energy style or will it be ‘same again, boys’?

We'll get men behind the ball and try to hit them on the break, as per. The longer it stays at 0-0, the better our chances.

I saw a bit of Leeds-West Ham, and the longer the game went on, the more ragged Leeds looked.

Guest neesy111

Of course it's annoying, yet again, to see a team that's below us in the league, pass the ball much better than us. But ultimately games are decided by what goes on in the two final thirds of the pitch, and Bruce is finding a way of winning games. It's not all down to luck.

It's down to the quality of individuals in those moments, just look at how squad compared to West Brom's.

Yep, we have some quality here and there, but as a team we look disjointed and poor overall. Should be able to play better with the players we have. League 1-2 teams have looked tons better than us when moving the ball around :lol:

Aye, from what I've seen over the past season and a half, we're a bad team but we've got quality all over the park.

It bodes extremely well (in terms of mid-table aspirations) when you've even got your average to poor players like Darlow, Murphy and Gayle digging out moments of brilliance. Add quality like that to the likes of Wilson, ASM, Shelvey (when he goes into the odd spate of 'my foot is a wand', mode) Fraser, Almiron, Fernandez, Dubravka, then as well as steady performers like Hayden and Clark - you're always gonna end up winning a similar amount of games to those you lose. Rafa built a team on a relative shoe-string that was two or three players away from a top 6 challenge. The squad has regressed and then probably got about even since then; but the point is we've hardly got a team of chumps. It's a mid-table squad with a generally excellent temperament, with enough quality and drive to compensate for the utter trash in the dugout.

Yeap, I still think we are getting plenty of luck as well.  e.g.  Teams missing sackfull of chances etc.

Aye some of the luck has been daft. Off the top of my head, to have got four points out of the away games at Spurs and Palace was basically laughable. We did nothing to achieve anything from the Wolves game either; only a dubious call from the ref and a well-dispatched free-kick - from a lad who we've deemed not good enough for the last two seasons, and only playing now cos we failed to find a third recipient of his services - meant we got a point. Lord hail the strategy!

Fair play to the team for not being out of those games, I guess, which is testament to the likes of Darlow particularly and - like I say - those players who do have that quality. I just wouldn't attribute a great deal of anything positive to the manager. That and of course there's the whole, I can't fucking stand the bloke, thing.

We've been saying since the first few weeks that this type of football isn't sustainable but clearly it seems to be. :lol:

We started well yesterday, but a second goal in the first half would have killed the game. We were too passive in the last 15 mins of the first half, and we let them come back into the game. I was worried after their goal, but the subs worked well, and got us a great goal.

Our tactics are always the same, stay in the game is the be and end all.

Snatch a goal and we're quids in, it's boring but while it keeps working Bruce will get undeserved praise. One and half seasons of it working is killing any fun, but hey at least we stay up.

Guest neesy111

Was there a game last season where he blamed the crowd for getting too excited which is why we conceded?

Think it was Everton at home

Didn't pardew also do that vs Palace?

I just hate the way we are completely out played by EVERY single team we play against, no matter how shit they are. Its fucking embarrassing how we cant take the game to the likes of Brighton and West Brom at home like.

I just hate the way we are completely out played by EVERY single team we play against, no matter how shit they are. Its fucking embarrassing how we cant take the game to the likes of Brighton and West Brom at home like.

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Would you rather win or outplay them?

Absolutely.

It would just be nice to play well now and again. That really isn't asking too much.

Absolutely.

Who was the last team we outplayed? Bournemouth?

I just hate the way we are completely out played by EVERY single team we play against, no matter how s*** they are. Its f***ing embarrassing how we cant take the game to the likes of Brighton and West Brom at home like.

Absolutely.

Who was the last team we outplayed? Bournemouth?

Arguably Burnley at home this season but I think that says more about them.

We've deserved to beat West Ham, Burnley, Everton, and just about West Brom. Lucky with Palace tbf - should have been a draw.

The rest of the games, the standard of football has been poor overall, we were lucky to draw with Spurs, and Wolves.