Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

This is the hatred of Bruce and the team seeping through. It's not objective. It's emotional.

I've seen Sheffield United play all season. They're dire. Scored the odd goal from a corner and that's it. They create nothing, they have no midfield, and they always concede at bad times. Their game against Southampton the other day, if the Toon played like that, this forum would have been deleted for crimes against football.

So swap McBurnie for Wilson, you don't think that has any impact whatsoever? We'd still be 14th and them 20th?

"They/we are only good because of X player," is a terrible point to make. The whole point of this game is to sign players who can make the difference.

If you want to compare our players to Sheffield United, fine, but I reckon we are pretty much better in every department.

Steve Bruce is to blame for everything you see on the pitch and Mike Ashley is to blame for his appointment, this has been the case for 2 seasons now.

Think Rafa proved that a good manager can make players perform to a higher standard than what you might think was capable. Leicester won the league with a team of players that cost £23m. Kaka's point is that Wilson is the reason we're not competing with Sheff United for bottom place.

Your last line is right though.

Only this Board could argue that Sheff United, on course for the lowest points total in Premier League history. A team that has gained 0.08 points this season, a team that hasn't kept a clean sheet, a team that has scored 5 goals this season, and never scored twice in a game. Only this Board, could argue, that they are better than Newcastle United. Wow.

Only this Board could argue that Sheff United, on course for the lowest points total in Premier League history. A team that has gained 0.08 points this season, a team that hasn't kept a clean sheet, a team that has scored 5 goals this season, and never scored twice in a game. Only this Board, could argue, that they are better than Newcastle United. Wow.

Only you could spectacularly miss the point, time and time again. Nobody is saying that they are better than us. People are saying that we are better with them ONLY because Wilson is saving our arses. A point you clearly disagree with.

We may as well not have a manager. Our players "should" be better than being compared to teams destined for relegation. But we know you don't care. Performances mean nothing to you. You just want to survive in the league.

"They still play better football than us and create better chances."  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Well that's obviously his opinion, but just because you don't agree with it it doesn't make it wrong. He's still allowed to have that opinion. I mean, we have the worst xG in the league so using stats alone he's probably right.

"They still play better football than us and create better chances."  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Well that's obviously his opinion, but just because you don't agree with it it doesn't make it wrong. He's still allowed to have that opinion. I mean, we have the worst xG in the league so using stats alone he's probably right.

Everybody can have their own opinion. But this is a crazy opinion. The rest of our team excluding Wilson has scored 9 goals. 4 more than Sheffield United. But Sheffield United play better football and create better chances???

It's madness, absolute madness.

Loved the way Bruce criticized the defending for the glut of goals at the end of the game, as if it had nothing to do with him :lol:

Does he know he is culpable for that at all? We never saw these border line unprofessional performances under the previous manager in comparison.

Genuinely worried this morning cabbage head will get us relegated and blow out any last ember of hope of a takeover. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where we’ve been so comprehensively taken a part and a manager has said we were in the game.

Everybody can have their own opinion. But this is a crazy opinion. The rest of our team excluding Wilson has scored 9 goals. 4 more than Sheffield United. But Sheffield United play better football and create better chances???

It's madness, absolute madness.

:lol:

I thin it's been explained more than enough times on here, so I won't bother.

Long way left to go this season. We'll see how it all plays out.

Loved the way Bruce criticized the defending for the glut of goals at the end of the game, as if it had nothing to do with him :lol:

Does he know he is culpable for that at all? We never saw these border line unprofessional performances under the previous manager in comparison.

Can you imagine that 5 v2 happening under Rafa lol? And then to concede basically they same way like a minute later. No chance

Of course not.

I personally think that last night was worse than anything under pardew, just the actual amount we were dominated was frightening, they even gifted us a route back into the game and we still lost by three. Most shots by a premier league team in a half, it was insane. It was like City playing a champ team, and Leeds have just been promoted

Tend to agree, I guess with the caveat that Pardew had access to much better players.

I think our really slow, pedestrian midfield, poor fullbacks and Steve Bruce are a perfect storm of shitness. Especially against teams like Leeds. Also we've lost the pressure high up that Rondon and Perez used to apply.

Luckily (if you care) there seem to be enough equally slow, toothless and generally bad teams for us to squeeze out the points to stay up.

Can't believe people still think we might get relegated. I doubt we'll be any fewer than five points clear of the relegation zone at any point tbh. Loads of individual quality in the side, will always mean we pick up points. We're a terrible team though so will periodically have episodes like last night. There's a very clear pattern at this point, fail to see why we're likely to deviate from it.

Can't believe people still think we might get relegated. I doubt we'll be any fewer than five points clear of the relegation zone at any point tbh. Loads of individual quality in the side, will always mean we pick up points. We're a terrible team though so will periodically have episodes like last night. There's a very clear pattern at this point, fail to see why we're likely to deviate from it.

Yep, seems about right. Wouldn't be surprised at finishing 15th or 16th mind.

The bottom three are Burnley, West Brom and Sheffield United.

Sheffield United and Burnley finished 9th and 10th respectively just last season, so there's still a chance there are improvements to come from them despite their really poor starts.

West Brom have now brought in Allardyce who specializes in getting teams out of the mire.

I'm not so certain we are beyond getting relegated at all.

He’s just said we were fine until 75th minute and Leeds were ‘perhaps’ the better side :lol: lying to yourself is a bad sign you sick pig.

Did anybody question him on it? Did anyone in the studio raise doubts about what he said. I'll guess No.

Just attentive nodding iirc.

‘Bruce mused’

How's the amuse bouche did you say?