Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Looking back it’s mad how he went from bottom of Division Two with us to managing a Spurs side to victory over us 18 months later. :lol:

Ossie’s team at Swindon played great football, I’ll always remember a midweek game under Jim Smith when we we’re going for promotion and the football was tremendous. I think the right back was David Kerslake at the time and he must have been the best attacking full back in the division. I think Keegan tried to sign him at one point, him and Beresford as full backs would have been very entertaining.

Was there ever any doubt about Keegan when he came in? Like, cos of the no managerial experience, etc?

I was to young to care I just remember the first game against Bristol City, he was like the pied piper everyone just flocked back. Remember speaking to lads from Carlisle who hadn’t been in years in the pub before, if there were doubts I certainly can’t remember. In saying that until Kelly v Portsmouth it was looking very grim, and it certainly wasn’t plain sailing to stop up that season.

Was there ever any doubt about Keegan when he came in? Like, cos of the no managerial experience, etc?

Remember that season well....went to Derby in April and lost 4-1 with us finishing with 8 men. Even down to 9 men at half time, Peacock scored to make it 2-1 and we nearly equalised later before tired legs eventually told. 3 weeks later and the famous 2-1 victory over Leicester at filbert street in the last game of the season.....wondrous times.

Bruce is a far worse manager than Pardew and a far more bigger bellend!

Correct.

Incorrect. Bruce is a worse manager, but there's not much in it, but Pardew is the bigger bellend. Both bastards in their own way, but Pardew actually had the nerve to display arrogance despite being one of the least qualified managers to be working at the top level at the time. Bruce is more of a snivelling whinger who knows he's not really a manager, and that makes him a bit less grating when we get a win. He almost looks like he can't believe his luck, whereas Pards would immediately be giving it the big " I Am...".

Pardew broke records relating to form and derby day beatings. I think he managed 4 of the “6 in a row”. How do you think you would feel if Steve Bruce lost back to back to back to back games against Sunderland? Sometimes 3-0. At home. With Jack Colback running riot for them.

At least Steve can say he delivered our best Derby result in the last 40 years.

Bruce is more than capable of losing 6 in a row to L1 Sunderland, nevermind the PL version.

At least that's one thing we should be thankful for. Bruce in charge of a Derby would be a nightmare, as thw mackems found out haha

I think he'll see out the season then go upstairs. Can't see him being here next season either way.

Still got a year on his deal hasn’t he? He’s going nowhere unless he’s paid as his only motivation is lining his family’s pockets.