Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Really unpopular opinion but I quite like Edwards. I don’t think he’s always right or agree with what he says but he doesn’t try and pander to the fans and when he says something his sources are usually spot on. He doesn’t seem to hang on the coat tails of other journalists’s speculation that most of the north east journos do.

It’s quite well documented he’s Bruce’s mate though so I’m finding his biased pro-Bruce stuff a bit insufferable at the minute.

:icon_puke_r:

Really unpopular opinion but I quite like Edwards. I don’t think he’s always right or agree with what he says but he doesn’t try and pander to the fans and when he says something his sources are usually spot on. He doesn’t seem to hang on the coat tails of other journalists’s speculation that most of the north east journos do.

It’s quite well documented he’s Bruce’s mate though so I’m finding his biased pro-Bruce stuff a bit insufferable at the minute.

The problem I have with Edwards is he's contrary for the sake of being contrary, he calls it balance but there's no argument for Ashley to balance any opinion, he's purposefully inflammatory.

At work so can’t watch the Chopra interview, but if he’s said some good stuff then he’s gone up in my estimation especially after THAT penalty miss.

What penalty miss??

When he played against us in 2008 for the Mackems, he botched a penalty on purpose.

At work so can’t watch the Chopra interview, but if he’s said some good stuff then he’s gone up in my estimation especially after THAT penalty miss.

What penalty miss??

When he played against us in 2008 for the Mackems, he botched a penalty on purpose.

Thought it was just a clear chance on goal?

What penalty miss??

No he didnt

What penalty miss??

It wasn't a penalty, it was a shot from 6 yards out.

The problem I have with Edwards is he's contrary for the sake of being contrary, he calls it balance but there's no argument for Ashley to balance any opinion, he's purposefully inflammatory.

He really is. If you’ve listened to him at one of the true faith forum things or when he’s been on a podcast he always comments about him being the negative one about 5 times

What penalty miss??

Wasn’t even a shot. He passed it across the 6 yard box and it rolled wide iirc

What penalty miss??

Wasn’t even a shot. He passed it across the 6 yard box and it rolled wide iirc

Was further out than 6 but he did just roll it square across to no one

I agree. Constantly been telling it how it is on TalkSport instead of all the usual rubbish spouted by their NUFC go to list of mouthpieces.

I agree. Constantly been telling it how it is on TalkSport instead of all the usual rubbish spouted by their NUFC go to list of mouthpieces.

I understand where you're coming from, but hear me out. Anyone who relentlessly talks about how independent minded they are, tweet that they "tell it how it is" and "don't conform to the masses", needs to be fucking drowned. That's all I'm sayin'.

I get he’s divisive,  he’s at his worst at the minute when people are having a go and he’s blatantly prodding people on purpose which is a shame as it detracts from him being an actually good reliable, journalist.

For the god damn millionth time, @9Shearergol[/member], we are really only sellable in the PL. MA has thrown cash at relegation and is 2/2. He will no doubt try it again if we go down. Based on how he has valued this club and his desire to win any deal, there is no gty that’s he sells if we fall into Championship, league 1 or league 2. Then when you fall into those - who’s not to say you get the same owner that Blackpool or Sunderland have?

:clap:

While this is true, I don't think that means that we should necessarily want to stay up. Ashley has had plenty of time to sell the club, doesn't look like he's going to. Therefore I'd be quite happy to see him lose a lot of money and look like a failure in public.

Agree with this