Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Survival to promote a shit sportswear company - oh yeah that's why we all signed up ...  lasses asked what the owner could do to change our mind ... the sale is a hoax otherwise this wouldn't have happened

Guest Gonzo

Well Arteta supposedly had the Arsenal job and talked himself out of the running by suggesting that the transfer budget of 50m wasn’t enough and wanting more control over transfers and players contracts.

It would be strange if he accepted similar terms from someone who will move the goalposts within a few months.

Think he can be ruled out.

I can't see the likes of Arteta or Viera being willing to sully their reputation, by working for Ashley.

That’s it, like.  Anyone of any quality and ambition isn’t going to come and work for Ashley knowing his reputation and the way he runs the club.  It’ll be someone on the scrapheap who’s just grateful for a job.

This thread is amazing - we've just had the best manager ever who spelled out what it would take to progress the club and now we are discussing a replacement who MUST have no ambition to become the chosen one...ffs will everyone please wake up and smell the coffee.... saw the Fairs Cup win in 69 and have been a follower for decades - I am prepared to give it up along with equally aged mates for the greater good why the fuck don't you all... please explain all of those who intend to attend the Arsenal game their thinking as I am intrigued.... this scenario has a very simple solution that will embarrass the fukker into bailing out - is 3 months or so of your lives not worth the next 30 years of hope?

Everyone who attends the Arsenal game is complicit - simples

I can't see the likes of Arteta or Viera being willing to sully their reputation, by working for Ashley.

That’s it, like.  Anyone of any quality and ambition isn’t going to come and work for Ashley knowing his reputation and the way he runs the club.  It’ll be someone on the scrapheap who’s just grateful for a job.

Pardew, Allardyce, Hughes or Moyes.

Oh and Tony Pulis too.

This thread is amazing - we've just had the best manager ever who spelled out what it would take to progress the club and now we are discussing a replacement who MUST have no ambition to become the chosen one...ffs will everyone please wake up and smell the coffee.... saw the Fairs Cup win in 69 and have been a follower for decades - I am prepared to give it up along with equally aged mates for the greater good why the fuck don't you all... please explain all of those who intend to attend the Arsenal game their thinking as I am intrigued.... this scenario has a very simple solution that will embarrass the fukker into bailing out - is 3 months or so of your lives not worth the next 30 years of hope?

Very true, but there will still be some who go and BELIEVE they are doing the right thing.

I was at the Fairs Cup Win too . . . https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=2177948

Two lasses with clipboards in the ticket office today asking why the 5 of us had cancelled our season tickets after 29 years ffs  :undecided:

The fact they even think they need to do a bit of research on why people are cancelling tells you everything you need to know about this lot. Imagine the scene. Mike the results are in, everyone’s cancelling because of you and the fucker actually being in shock!

Pardew, Allardyce, Hughes or Moyes.

Oh and Tony Pulis too.

Pretty much my wish list, although I added Keane and Wise. as my last two.

Although Wise has to be a shorter bet for the inevitable DoF a Head Coach is going to need. Because, as I understand it, our de facto DoF is... Justin Barnes?

Guest chopey

I don't think we would pay pound notes for a new manager when there are loads of cheaper alternatives on the dole.

Exactly. No chance we pay compensation for a short term manager and no chance we pay compensation when there are cheaper options.

If we do it's done to try and pacify some fans and keep money flowing. Ironic when sales would have gone through the roof if they backed Rafa.

This kind of post is everything that's wrong with this place at the moment. I will not renew my season ticket as a result of Ashley and the way the Rafa situation was handled but I will still have a huge interest in how Newcastle do. I'm still interested in who the manager will be and what signings (don't laugh) we will make and  if I'm being totally honest I will still want us to do well, I cannot help it.

I will stay away but to expect people to stop following a team they have followed for all/most of their life is ridiculous. if you are happy to stop following and have no interest in Newcastle then so be it but don't question other people for still following the team. Giving up going to the game is one thing but to give up following the team is another.

This thread is amazing - we've just had the best manager ever who spelled out what it would take to progress the club and now we are discussing a replacement who MUST have no ambition to become the chosen one...ffs will everyone please wake up and smell the coffee.... saw the Fairs Cup win in 69 and have been a follower for decades - I am prepared to give it up along with equally aged mates for the greater good why the f*** don't you all... please explain all of those who intend to attend the Arsenal game their thinking as I am intrigued.... this scenario has a very simple solution that will embarrass the fukker into bailing out - is 3 months or so of your lives not worth the next 30 years of hope?

This kind of post is everything that's wrong with this place at the moment. I will not renew my season ticket as a result of Ashley and the way the Rafa situation was handled but I will still have a huge interest in how Newcastle do. I'm still interested in who the manager will be and what signings (don't laugh) we will make and  if I'm being totally honest I will still want us to do well, I cannot help it.

I will stay away but to expect people to stop following a team they have followed for all/most of their life is ridiculous. if you are happy to stop following and have no interest in Newcastle then so be it but don't question other people for still following the team. Giving up going to the game is one thing but to give up following the team is another.

Some people will stay away and want the whole thing to implode, relegation etc. Some people will stay away and still have an interest in the team.

The important point is the staying away bit.

This thread is amazing - we've just had the best manager ever who spelled out what it would take to progress the club and now we are discussing a replacement who MUST have no ambition to become the chosen one...ffs will everyone please wake up and smell the coffee.... saw the Fairs Cup win in 69 and have been a follower for decades - I am prepared to give it up along with equally aged mates for the greater good why the f*** don't you all... please explain all of those who intend to attend the Arsenal game their thinking as I am intrigued.... this scenario has a very simple solution that will embarrass the fukker into bailing out - is 3 months or so of your lives not worth the next 30 years of hope?

Some people will stay away and want the whole thing to implode, relegation etc. Some people will stay away and still have an interest in the team.

The important point is the staying away bit.

I’m in this camp too sadly :(

Can’t take any enjoyment out of relegation or us getting thumped every week.

Just hoping Ashley leaves before the season starts we’ll still be in a terrible state going into next season but at least there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

Guest reefatoon

Redfearn is going to be in charge man, fucking hilarious. Roll on the batterings, I can't wait.

Guest chopey

Neil Redfearn, our temporary gaffer, sacked from Rotherham after 5 months, then went on to manage Doncaster Rover Bells, then Liverpool ladies, resigned after 1 game, the result of that game, a 5-0 loss to Arsenal ladies, we’re one of the worlds top 20 wealthiest clubs...

Neil Redfearn, our temporary gaffer, sacked from Rotherham after 5 months, then went on to manage Doncaster Rover Bells, then Liverpool ladies, resigned after 1 game, the result of that game, a 5-0 loss to Arsenal ladies, we’re one of the worlds top 20 wealthiest clubs...

praying he gets the gig if Ashley stays.