Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Posters defending Ashley and the club sound like Russian bots. Haven’t seen them around here before. 

Football fans in general are absolute idiots. We have many. 

People are sitting on their laptops computers and phones to compare us to Brighton FC. BRIGHTON.

But let me entertain this. 

Tony Bloom is a life long Brighton fan. Born and raised in Brighton.  Had family involved with the club.  I’m sure his interest in the club is a marriage between love and business but all the fans know there is genuine love for the club there. From the outside looking in, he’s attempting to maximise that clubs potential on the field. 

He’s been Owner for 10 years. In that time they have built a new stadium and have continued to expand it. You know growth. Something that costs money and is a risk. 

He’s also taken them from a league 1 club, to perennial championship promotion contenders, to 3 seasons in the PL. Growth.

Since being in charge the club has come on leaps and bounds. Can’t bemoan their achievements.  These will be seen as glory years by their fans. Certainly the best in living memory.

If you support a football club or anything for that matter without regard for what you’re actually supporting, you’re an idiot. A man is using the club as a promotional vehicle for his business while doing the bare minimum to maintain the club. 

Look at every club in this division and their owners. It’s probably only us and Arsenal that have people running the club that have owners with less ambition than the previous owners and are happy for the club to move backwards. And at least Arsenal have the excuse of 2 clubs bankrolled by oil money messing with their clubs potential. 

Anyone putting money towards this club is a complete idiot I’m sorry. Definition of pissing on you and telling you it’s rain. A better club wouldn’t stand for it. Rangers would have run him out of town, they already did. This wouldn’t fly at Liverpool, Man U. Incompetence is one issue and that’s even fine. But not trying is unacceptable. Most football clubs have owners that try. Most are incompetent but they try. We are Newcastle United. We are a giant football club. We should compete in the higher echelons of English football. European football is our level. To not be there is fine. But to not try is unacceptable. It’s not as if we are entirely powerless. If we stopped turning up, Ashley would eventually leave. 

This is a very good post.

Well said, College Dropout. It's so confounding how many people are caught in Groundhog Day. Ashley displays a growing combination of contempt, disrespect, and anti-ambition that spits in the face of sporting competition,  but every season, a horde of angry supporters reset to 0. If the Rafa debacle isn't the last straw, then jesus, there is absolutely no help for them.

There are some right spineless, selfish, bricks in the wall out there. Match going fans like Seymour are worse cancers than Ashley. Set of c***s the lot of them!

Calling me a cancer :lol:

<b>If 45k+ are cancers to the club then why not go to the ground and tell them all that then?

Why not do something about it to get rid off these 45k+ cancers?

If I felt as strongly as you and I thought boycotting would get rid of him, then I certainly would.

Why not do something about the fans going to the ground? </b>

3 days, 80 pages of you with your fingers in your ears going "lalalalala" and about 50 of the regular posters discussing it reasonably till they're blue in the face, and you think a quick conversation at the ground with fans like you will make a difference? That's what you'd suggest to achieve something you don't actually even want?  fuck me man, this thread is off it's tits  :lol:

I do not for a single second believe that "Seymour" really, truly believes this point of view he's holding firm with. I just don't think it's likely someone genuine would reply to literally hundreds of posts giving thoughtful and passionate responses as to why staying away is a potential positive for the bigger picture, while responding with fluff and nonsense like "I just don't think it would help" and "there's no evidence to suggest it will do anything" etc etc blah blah blah. Christ, I'd be out of gas after about 3 pages, unable to keep a straight face with this nonsense any longer, were I him.

Every time he's accused of pushing an agenda, being obtuse or deliberately contrarian or on a wind-up, he just reacts with a smiley or some other bollocks.

It's incredible to me that so many on here have argued with so much patience and intelligence as to why continuing to attend is inextricably linked to continuing and direct financial support of the parasitic slug who owns us. How 12 years (a slave) of the same pathetic ownership, repeating mistakes, embarrassing self-sabotage, deliberate non-competitiveness and lies, absolutely dictates that a new approach to enforce change is needed, only to be met with complete indifference. Nah, didn't you know that the only true answer is more of the same man. Jesus, when did our support become so selfish, thick and subservient?!? Anyone who at this point believes continued attendance is remotely reasonable is beyond help.

Give it up everyone, assuming he's actually really a Newcastle fan (highly dubious) and really believes this bollocks, nobody with opinions this deeply entrenched is worth this much time and eloquence. Looks like he's disappeared now anyway, funny that.

Aye, the vision from Benitez was to be better! That's the point!

Christ.

But the point you're missing is the fact that Seymour has already accepted that, because he wants to support the team, not the regime. He's happy to try to survive in the league. If we don't, he's happy to try and get promoted. If we don't, he's happy to try and avoid relegation. If we don't, he's happy to watch us against Lincoln and Bradford every week.

It's not about success for him, it's about being able to cheer Jack Colback and make sure he plays well.

This. And it's absolutely pathetic. A detriment to anyone who wants Newcastle United back and Sports Direct United gone. Spineless.

Fucking hell, just come back of holiday to see the last lot of pages here.....wtf

Seymour has to be a plant or a Mackem either way - ban

If you’re not the give your head a shake

So you go to a restaurant you love and the owner changes and turns the place into “shit on a plate” but hey the staff are really nice - would you still go, like fuck you would, you would make a stand....that’s all people are suggesting

You can say it’s easy for me to say being 12000 miles away but I have a young lad (17) who’s dream is to go to SJP but has accepted that shouldn’t happen with the fat cunt in charge and that breaks me as I want to be with him on the terraces to live that moment with him......if a boycott doesn’t work then so be it but have the balls to actually fucking try it

I think I might know who he is, from toontastic.....

Who?

My guess would've been Christmas Tree - nonce taxi driver who revels in being the "contrarian" and claims he doesn't support Ashley while defending every major decision.  Although he has been too much of a coward to actually post in the football part of the site the past couple of years and sticks to polluting the general topic threads.

Ha ha! Is that daft fucker still on there, haven't looked at TT in years?  I went to school with him btw and he wasn't the sharpest tool then, guess nothings changed.

Guest Gonzo

So what could actually be the outcome of this investigation? Is a points deduction legitimately possible? :lol:

They are just looking for compensation.

Justin Barnes was probably allowed to look at Bruce’s contract and saw a loophole where he could resign. I doubt we paid SWFC anything which is why they are up in arms.

If there’s any wrong doing, it will be no more than a committee deciding that we pay them 1.3m or something similar and not a penny more. Win win for both sides.

That they wanted 6 million for that cabbage should see them reported too.

So Wednesday reported us to the premier league over the tapping up of Bruce. Bruce, who believes he will have final say over transfers, has told the club he doesn’t want Saint- Maxamim, but are pushing ahead with it anyway. Nice have told us they want £25,000,000, and yet we bid £15,000,000.

That is sssooooo  NUFC

Guest chopey

So Wednesday reported us to the premier league over the tapping up of Bruce. Bruce, who believes he will have final say over transfers, has told the club he doesn’t want Saint- Maxamim, but are pushing ahead with it anyway. Nice have told us they want £25,000,000, and yet we bid £15,000,000.

That is sssooooo  NUFC Sports Direct

Fixed

I renewed in the end, not quite sure why. Won’t be entering the stadium for the arsenal game though

mike wins again

Seymour is a sad commentary on our fanbase, at least a portion of it. No matter what Ashley does, no matter what Newcastle becomes he will be there cheering him on.

Infuriating and pathetic.

Seymour is a sad commentary on our fanbase, at least a portion of it. No matter what Ashley does, no matter what Newcastle becomes he will be there cheering him on.

There's plenty on here that have renewed. Are you going to call them all out?

There's plenty on here that have renewed. Are you going to call them all out?

Yes. They are hereby called out

Guest covmag

I renewed in the end, not quite sure why. Won’t be entering the stadium for the arsenal game though

Not sure why? Habit?

Good on you for the Arsenal game mate  O0

How old are you and are you disabled?

As a fall back option, how tall (or more pertinently short) are you?

How old are you and are you disabled?

Well the bit between his ears isn't working. :lol:

Where's  Seymour? 2 days of constant, against the tide posting then nowt. Has he been on here previous to this  2 days of nonsense? If he's on the wind up it's one of the best I've seen. Mind you there was someone on total sport taking the same line. 'I was there before Ashley blah blah, I love my club and if there was 10k there sitting on toilet seats I'd be one of them.' These people unfortunately  do exist. Might have even been Seymour himself.