Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest reefatoon

Got a feeling it’s all going to fall apart a lot sooner than expected. First game and he is asking “What’s happening” after he makes his first sub. f***ing hell man, hilarious

Predictably no sign of any concept, approach, idea, game plan and substitutions were completely insane. Defence looked a mess, lots of players will regress quickly now that they aren't drilled by Rafa.

Might just be a case of early days but we really looked dishevelled. What's worse is that it happened before we conceded. I didn't expect us to have lost our sense of organisation quite as dramatically as that so soon.

So is that right two players came on today and didn't know where they were supposed to be playing? Jetro to CM and ASM to left wing? then both had to be corrected while on the pitch?

You wouldn't want them getting bored by the repetitive drills that Rafa used to make them go through. The players are now happy they can express themselves.

It's going to be... interesting to see how much he's able to cope (or not) given how much more switched-on tactically the league has become since he was last keeping a Premier League team up, in 2010/11 with the mackems. That season, the other managers included Pardew, Allardyce, Holloway, Coyle, Kean, McLeish, Moyes, Hughes, Dalglish, Pulis, Redknapp and McCarthy. It's a different world now, not a good time to be a manager who "doesn't believe in tactics." Struggling with it already by the looks of it.

Predictably no sign of any concept, approach, idea, game plan and substitutions were completely insane. Defence looked a mess, lots of players will regress quickly now that they aren't drilled by Rafa.

Might just be a case of early days but we really looked dishevelled. What's worse is that it happened before we conceded. I didn't expect us to have lost our sense of organisation quite as dramatically as that so soon.

Snap! You could still see Raf's shape, especially at the back in the first half. My midway through the second half that back line was pretty far from a flat 5 all too often and the midfield was all but absent.

Pure speculation on my part but Rafe would have won that game.

Snap! You could still see Raf's shape, especially at the back in the first half. My midway through the second half that back line was pretty far from a flat 5 all too often and the midfield was all but absent.

Rafa would have had Rondon and Perez in his team, that would have helped.

I'm not having a go at the new signings either, just Rafa's strikers know exactly what their role is because of those boring drills.

Thought the same tbh, Arsenal weren't great

Guest neesy111

I really thought we would start the season all huffed and puffed up which would get us some results but saw nothing like that today especially second half.  Norwich game will tell us more.

FUcking hell

But Bruce said he's not a puppet and has the final say on transfers so by his own admission he's happy with the sqaud and should be able to cover for such situations.

f***ing hell

But Bruce said he's not a puppet and has the final say on transfers so by his own admission he's happy with the sqaud and should be able to cover for such situations.

As much as I hate the cunt linking that to transfers is weak, it's his own decision making nothing else