Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest chopey

Craig Hope might be going fully at Bruce this season :lol: he didn’t give him any leeway in Match 1

With the exception of the Man City game at home the season before last Rafas tactics were never questioned by anybody in the media, Bruce lasted 1 game.

Note*everyone copied Rafas tactics after that game*

I didn't watch the match yesterday so I'm only basing it on what fans and journalists said, but its not a good sign for Bruce if the team are already looking disorganised, players not knowing what they are doing or where they are supposed to be playing and not even naming another centre midfielder on the bench. He is meant to be this vastly experienced manager at this level yet that is Non League levels of incompetence.

Its only one match and even the best managers make mistakes, however I thought at least for couple of months the foundations Benitez laid for Bruce would protect him for a while yet there are already cracks showing. Some fans saying "Benitez lost the same match last season" and "Benitez went 10 matches without a win", but you could trust Benitez to find a plan to turn things around and he did. Bruce won't have a clue what to do when things get worse. Even at this early stage, Norwich is a big match for Bruce. Lose that and looking at the next few fixtures after he will struggle to turn things around.

I can't see Bruce lasting until the end of the season, but the club will drag it out just like with McClaren by which the time it will be too late.

Bruce clearly possesses the #1 PFM attribute of believing he should be able to just send professional footballers on the pitch and let them work it out for themselves.  Same as Souness / Pardew and all of the rest of them.

The same PFMs then express bewilderment / outrage that PFMs are overlooked for big jobs in favour of foreigners who actually take responsibility for what happens on the pitch and try to influence it.

Fucking dossers, all of them.

Honestly think he'll already be regretting taking this job. The honeymoon period barely lasted an hour.

Nah

Making loads of money working for two men he adores as much as his son. Visiting all his old favourite kwik-fits. Being a top Geordie. Being piped off daily by Luke Edwards. It's all good.

Just watched the game.. safe to say I'm back in the want us to lose every game camp.

I'm familiar with Bruce's "style" but I wasn't expecting such levels of disorganisation from the first game. Our 3 midfielders constantly getting in the way of each other in the 1st half; the farce surrounding the Willems' sub; then Ritchie charging around aimlessly from CM; ASM seemingly deciding that he should play LW .. Even Almiron looked all over the place..

After 3 years of Rafa's flawless tactics, this is tragic viewing.. The players even looked tired to dribble towards the end.

I know Saint-Maximin has been bought with a plan of selling on for a profit but it would help that goal if he was a guaranteed starter. Under Rafa he would have had a position in place of Atsu but with Bruce's 3-5-2 he just doesn't fit. He'll never do enough defensively to replace a wing-back. The only other position he could take up is Almiron's.

Craig Hope might be going fully at Bruce this season :lol: he didn’t give him any leeway in Match 1

With the exception of the Man City game at home the season before last Rafas tactics were never questioned by anybody in the media, Bruce lasted 1 game.

Note*everyone copied Rafas tactics after that game*

That's not really true. Plenty of times we were criticised for being defensive and loads of match threads on here with people going against our setup.

I’ve said it before but prior to Rafa I just didn’t understand the sit back and defend and accumulate points over the full season and it’s better to keep it sound and compact. I was naive in that regard. Watching football in the post Rafa Nufc eta this past weekend I just can’t believe so many of these managers have a job. So much to be said about what Rafa was so brilliant at. We draw or win yesterday if he was in charge IMO. We’d prob finish 8-10 with Rafa this season IMO as well.

Back to ours - literally he could have brought on one of his central defenders like Fernandez or Clark and moved Schar into CM for Shelvey and kept the shape for most part. He wasn’t satisfied with 0-0 and completely screwed it up. Madness. But not shocking I guess given his track record.

The whole "his hometown club" and boyhood club s*** is sickening as well

He was in the studio when we beat Man U 5-0. Had a face like a smacked arse.

Think that's just his face tbh, would probably look the same if Man U had won.