Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Surely Ashley is going to stick with his new mate Brewcie as the SS NUFC sinks into the hopefully terminal depths of the Championship? Surely in hiring the man, Ashley accepts the possibility or even likelihood of relegation?

Bruce tends to do well for a year or so and then it goes downhill. He kept Birmingham and Hull up the table before taking them down and Sunderland going the same way when he was sacked.

Yeah, nah, not on that showing.

Tend to agree. At those clubs he would have been allowed to sign his own players to fit the PFM model of combining workhorses with a couple of flair players and booting it long. Here he is going to be getting Joelintons and Maximins who he would have no idea how to use them. It would take a pretty good coach to get the best out of the players we tend to recruit under the Ashley recruitment plan.

Really hope we get beat this weekend just to see the extreme colour this blokes face will go.

He'll not react well to the pressure is my view.

If we get turned over this weekend, then lose the next couple I fully expect the 'I'm not Rafa, they'll never accept me' lines to come out.

Surely Ashley is going to stick with his new mate Brewcie as the SS NUFC sinks into the hopefully terminal depths of the Championship? Surely in hiring the man, Ashley accepts the possibility or even likelihood of relegation?

Bruce tends to do well for a year or so and then it goes downhill. He kept Birmingham and Hull up the table before taking them down and Sunderland going the same way when he was sacked.

Yeah, nah, not on that showing.

Bruce is a promotion expert. That's why we have him. He's here for years, trying to yo-yo between the leagues.

brummie[/member] anything to add?

He'll go Sunderland angle.

I think he'll stick with the 'i'm not Rafa/everyone's cup of tea' woe is me angle.

The issue he has, is that he's as thick as fuck, and if he gets a couple of arsey questions in press conferences, he'll blow.

I have a horrible feeling this season will end up like another "5th place under Pardew".

Couple of our players will inexplicably turn into world beaters and drag us up the league (despite Bruce's best efforts to screw it up). Couple of the bigger teams will shit the bed so much that we finish above them, making our season look even better by comparison.

Obviously there's nothing pointing towards this actually coming true but it's sods law. Maybe not as high as 5th again but I can definitely see us finishing higher than Rafa ever managed to get us just so it can be used as a stick to beat the fans for the next decade.

I have a horrible feeling this season will end up like another "5th place under Pardew".

Couple of our players will inexplicably turn into world beaters and drag us up the league (despite Bruce's best efforts to screw it up). Couple of the bigger teams will shit the bed so much that we finish above them, making our season look even better by comparison.

Obviously there's nothing pointing towards this actually coming true but it's sods law. Maybe not as high as 5th again but I can definitely see us finishing higher than Rafa ever managed to get us just so it can be used as a stick to beat the fans for the next decade.

Don't do drugs people

Guest covmag

100% will not happen and willing to bet you big.

No goals in this side, finishing 5th that season was propelled by absurd goal scoring efforts that defied belief. We played fucking shit despite finishing 5th. We will be one of the lowest scoring teams in the league this season

100% will not happen and willing to bet you big.

It would be just our fucking luck though wouldn't it?

Every arsehole pundit from now till eternity trotting out "I don't know why the fans have a problem with Ashley/Bruce, he got them Xth place!" Completely ignoring everything that happened before that again.

No goals in this side, finishing 5th that season was propelled by absurd goal scoring efforts that defied belief. We played fucking shit despite finishing 5th. We will be one of the lowest scoring teams in the league this season

Yep - we scored about 10 wonder goals - won a lot of games by one goal - Krul and Colo were immense!

Also, everyone seems to overlook this, but Liverpool and Chelsea had a massive season of transition that year.

Chelsea won the Champions League & Fa Cup. Some transition that.

They went from second the previous year to sixth and changed manager a couple of times from memory. Hardly continuity.

No goals in this side, finishing 5th that season was propelled by absurd goal scoring efforts that defied belief. We played f***ing s*** despite finishing 5th. We will be one of the lowest scoring teams in the league this season

Yep - we scored about 10 wonder goals - won a lot of games by one goal - Krul and Colo were immense!

I don't see many goals in this team and Miggy's confession is not surprising. Only Mutu has the capacity unless of course by some miracle Andy Carroll has been to see the witch doctor about his decrepid health issues and becomes the one of old - now that would be exciting...then I woke up

Also, everyone seems to overlook this, but Liverpool and Chelsea had a massive season of transition that year.

Chelsea won the Champions League & Fa Cup. Some transition that.

They went from second the previous year to sixth and changed manager a couple of times from memory. Hardly continuity.

cos they focused on cups.

I don't see any goals at all in our team, there will be chances but Rondon and Perez knew how to take a fair share of them. Not sure the players we are left with could show the composure those two had and think we will leave massive gaps at the back / midfield due to the tactically inept Gregg's super fan on the sideline shouting shitty instructions.

We will be bottom 3 in my opinion, I only see turmoil all season and hope Rafa keeps turning the screw from afar. Lose 3 or 4 in a row under Bruce and he will lose any fans he has completely

I've said it before and I will say it again. This c*** is going to end up the most hated manager we have ever had. People will feel stupid for accepting him and giving him a chance. Just got to sit back and wait for it to all unfold. Howay you canaries!

"I'm not Rafa and I will never be accepted here"

You're  not and you won't steve that's why you should have stayed away you horrible b******

No goals in this side, finishing 5th that season was propelled by absurd goal scoring efforts that defied belief. We played f***ing s*** despite finishing 5th. We will be one of the lowest scoring teams in the league this season

I don't see many goals in this team and Miggy's confession is not surprising. Only Mutu has the capacity unless of course by some miracle Andy Carroll has been to see the witch doctor about his decrepid health issues and becomes the one of old - now that would be exciting...then I woke up

What was Miggy’s confession?

I don't see any goals at all in our team, there will be chances but Rondon and Perez knew how to take a fair share of them. Not sure the players we are left with could show the composure those two had and think we will leave massive gaps at the back / midfield due to the tactically inept Gregg's super fan on the sideline shouting shitty instructions.

We will be bottom 3 in my opinion, I only see turmoil all season and hope Rafa keeps turning the screw from afar. Lose 3 or 4 in a row under Bruce and he will lose any fans he has completely

Think it might be a bit early to be writing Joelinton off. That chance he fashioned where he controlled it then shifted it to get a shot in was decent. It will depend on how we can get the supply in though, we were pretty awful on Sunday, can't see it improving much under Bruce however. We will end up relying on Hollywood passes from Shelvey, or daft runs from Maximin rather than any intelligent movement from the team.

Sorry just seen this - he has come out and said he has never been a natural goalscorer through his career - fortunately he does have the capacity to create

Sorry just seen this - he has come out and said he has never been a natural goalscorer through his career - fortunately he does have the capacity to create

Ta. I really like Miggy. Was looking forward to seeing him under Rafa. I’m pretty concerned that people will get on his back for not having scored already. Some were even starting to at the end of last season ffs and I don’t hold out much hope for him under Steve Bruce. It’s got Ben Arfa written all over it.