Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

:thup: Bruce really shouldn't have taken the job knowing he was going to be this f***ing s*** at it and unable to deal with the mildest criticism.

It's as if he took the job for entirely self centred reasons but that can't be right since he's such a nice bloke and a massive toon fan.

Be amazed if he's not on record somewhere talking about managing the expectations etc n all. Bloke is floundering even worse than I thought he would. You'd think it was his first job the way he's carrying on.

:thup: In one of his first interviews as NUFC manager he said “I had to grasp it, I knew it was going to be difficult. I just hope that people show the respect which you obviously only get by getting a few results and doing the job, but hopefully that’ll go hand in hand"

So he's slightly changed tack in that actually he now wants people to show respect while he's getting shit results and we look a total shambles on the pitch. Cheeky cunt.

Thought as much. What a tiresome fat fuck he is. It's actually canny funny how little respect he has for anyone including himself and seems to think that folk won't remember the previous guff he's come out with.

Guest reefatoon

Poor Steve. He has to go back to those nasty Rafa tactics because he doesn’t have time to implement his own. The poor thing that he is. I knew all this was Rafa’s fault. Cry me a f***ing river you wobbly nosed c***.

Wait, hang on. Back to basics means going back to Rafa’s tactics? This fucker changes his mind every 2 minutes, he hasnt got a clue has he.

I used to rag on Pardew for the same thing. He would change his mind about "tactics" every bad result. It's basically laying bare you have no real idea what you're doing and just making it up on the fly. Bruce is talking about how he has plenty of other players champing at the bit to step in.

To do what exactly? Is he going to change the players or the formation? Or both? Compare it to Rafa who knew exactly how his team was supposed to line up every week. Players either fit in or were left out. Pardew could never make his mind up, and neither can Bruce. It's because he has no idea basically.

He keeps going on about going back to Rafa's tactics, but what does he think those are? Does he even know? I don't think he even watched us under Rafa. He probably thinks it's just formation, and "giving it a go." Clueless dinosaur.

Wait, hang on. Back to basics means going back to Rafa’s tactics? This fucker changes his mind every 2 minutes, he hasnt got a clue has he.

I used to rag on Pardew for the same thing. He would change his mind about "tactics" every bad result. It's basically laying bare you have no real idea what you're doing and just making it up on the fly. Bruce is talking about how he has plenty of other players champing at the bit to step in.

To do what exactly? Is he going to change the players or the formation? Or both? Compare it to Rafa who knew exactly how his team was supposed to line up every week. Players either fit in or were left out. Pardew could never make his mind up, and neither can Bruce. It's because he has no idea basically.

Yep. You’re absolutely right. He’s just winging the whole thing.

Okay, I actively hate him now. This guy is scum. How many times has he mentioned Rafa now?

Bruce back in August: "He's a very good manager who did well and a lot of people are upset. He's gone to China and it's time to move on."

Bruce in October: "Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, Rafa, Rafa"

He's literally the antithesis of Rafa. Even when we got a few beatings (though few and far between) with Rafa in charge he was steadfast in his tactics, formations always remained the same, maybe the personnel would change slightly and the approach, but the base formation and personnel would remain the same. Because a good manager believes in his methods, trusts his own ability and the knowledge he's imparted on his players. Conversely a poor manager blames everything but himself, decides to switch out players who had one bad game (escape goating) and fiddle with formations in the hope that they stumble on one that works (see Pardew, 5th place finish).

The appointment just gets more staggering the more you think about it. I mean, surely Ashley would have seen how Benitez took the pressure off him for the most part for over 3 years? Despite him, there was a togetherness. This though, he surely knew from day one it was going to put the spotlight back on Ashley?

There was always going to be some fallout after Benitez but even some unknown German or French coach might have got a bit of time and support had they started the season well and had a tactical brain.

What does, 'back to basics' even mean though? When he spouts this drivel in the Press Conference do none of the journalists have the balls to ask, "Can you explain what you mean by 'back to basics, Steve?'" He wouldn't have a fucking clue how to answer. Just another line from the Football Management for Dummies book.