Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Wheres them Rafa graphs?

Don't have any graphs but we're 9 points better off than at this stage last season.

We hit 21 points against Cardiff, which was our 22nd game.

Think we will tail off massively if ASM is out for a couple of months. Interesting all the same.

We'll tail off massively because of Steve Bruce, regardless of injuries.

Incidentally, who else would have taken Dummet off for Schar and pushed Clark left, Clark was the one doing most of the organising from what I could see.

Clark had a pulled/strained calf so would have been pretty hopeless if he had been left on.

Says it all about the state of the local media regarding the club and its coverage as well as the media at large and their priorities. Pleased I unfollowed him months back, Chronicle lot aren’t much better.

My only surprise is the stayaways haven’t gone rushing back like they had to be their for the Arsenal game.

Come on guys, Rafa wasn't producing brilliant displays of attacking football. He was getting 10 men behind the ball and relying on counter attacks and set pieces. Bruce is getting results in the same way with more or less the same team.

Hopefully the emergence of the Longstaffs and some good signings (yeah, I know) will make us a bit less one-dimensional. We can but hope.

Come on guys, Rafa wasn't producing brilliant displays of attacking football. He was getting 10 men behind the ball and relying on counter attacks and set pieces. Bruce is getting results in the same way with more or less the same team.

Hopefully the emergence of the Longstaffs and some good signings (yeah, I know) will make us a bit less one-dimensional. We can but hope.

Except that we're much worse with the ball now compared to before :lol: We look disjointed and clueless.

Let's compare at the end of the season.

You do understand that all successful players will be sold don’t you?  As agreed by Bruce and mr Ashley.

If you don't see the difference to the last half of last season then you're either blind/stupid or just a massive wum. I know where my money is at :thup:

Except that we're much worse with the ball now compared to before.

No we're not. We're the same. Your memory is playing tricks with you.

Except that we're much worse with the ball now compared to before.

No we're not. We're the same. Your memory is playing tricks with you.

Yeah right... :lol: :lol:

As far as I can tell, and I’m no Steve Bruce Fan, the football/tactics are basically identical to the last two seasons, except now we have Saint Maximin who can produce some moments of magic to make it feel more attacking (in reality it’s basically the same).

And to be honest I’m fine with that. I haven’t disliked watching us this season anywhere near as much as I was expecting to.

It's better to be lucky than good. I don't know how we're getting some of these results but as a few people have said, it's so similar to the Pardew 5th season. Credit where it's due to Bruce for getting the results at the moment but we've seen what happens when he tries to put his own "stamp" on the team and I'm sure he'll try it again soon and we'll get humped.

I agree the set up and tactics are very similar to what Rafa was producing in the Premier League, well until Rondon signed and then it became much more.

Rondon and Perez made us so much more up top than we see now, to be fair Bruce has got our defenders to start chipping in which is good,

but Rafa's team looked more solid and with Rondon the team was much more than it was without him, and far better than Bruce's team now.

it's so similar to the Pardew 5th season. Credit where it's due to Bruce for getting the results at the moment

No credit at all. You've said it yourself that it's similar to the 5th place season. The following season proved that we finished 5th in spite of Pardew, not because of him.

I think there’s some sort of inferiority complex ingrained in the Geordie mindset. When charmers like Keegan or Rafa roll in, its lapped up.

We’ve had worse managers than Bruce. We’ve had better for sure but we have had worse and they’ve never gotten the sort of shit this guy has.

Even a cunt like Allardyce got welcomed more than this chap, not at the end but that was his own doing. He was given a fair chance from the start.

Bruce hasn’t. He’s exceeded all expectations. But because he’s a local lad he’s judged differently. He’ll never be accepted because the majority of supporters would rather have someone they don’t feel worthy of having.

He’s not accepted because his managerial career is steeped in failure and he’s palpably fucking shit. Indian summers here and there don’t mask the fact he’s achieved and won nothing as a manager in about 20 years. He’s poor and he’s taken the job knowing he’s going to be willingly pushing the Ashley narrative. He’s a fucking arsehole.

I think there’s some sort of inferiority complex ingrained in the Geordie mindset. When charmers like Keegan or Rafa roll in, its lapped up.

We’ve had worse managers than Bruce. We’ve had better for sure but we have had worse and they’ve never gotten the sort of shit this guy has.

Even a cunt like Allardyce got welcomed more than this chap, not at the end but that was his own doing. He was given a fair chance from the start.

Bruce hasn’t. He’s exceeded all expectations. But because he’s a local lad he’s judged differently. He’ll never be accepted because the majority of supporters would rather have someone they don’t feel worthy of having.

Go on then. What makes him a good manager?