Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

He's done okay. Anybody saying he has done shit, is letting their hatred of him cloud their judgement.

It's a fair point, that he'd probably fuck it up in the second season tho.

Bollocks.  He’s had a massive amount of luck, we’ve been playing the shittest ‘football’ in 4 divisions and the entire thing is completely unsustainable.

Are you going to tell us it was a plan to have our defenders go on an unprecedented scoring spree?  Good management that rescued a point with 2 injury time goals?  Managing to get past the mighty Rochdale and Oxford in a mere 360 minutes of dross was top class stuff?

By rights we should have been bottom of the table and thanking our lucky stars for Covid-19.

We've got the joint best home defence in the league FFS.  :lol:

We play shit football, but the team spirit is clearly strong, and we consistently pick up points.

In the quarters of FA Cup and 35 points after 29 games isn't shit. It's okay.

Tell me you aren't being serious? Please??? 'Okay'. Nothing is okay......

Before the season, you're offered 35 points after 29 games, and in quarters of FA Cup, and you wouldn't think that is okay?  :lol: :lol:

Clearly we need to get rid and get new manager in for the takeover. Clearly the football is shite, and he's not going to progress us.

But we've not crumbled this season, we've not went on a 6 game losing streak. Apart from Leicester, we've not been bummed at home.

Bruce was, is and always will be absolutely shite. we are 20th on nearly every list apart from the league to be fair but the football has been horrific.

His mates in the press want him to stay so we don't break into the top 6.

The players 'love him' because he lets them take the piss in training rather than Rafa who worked there bollocks off.

Guest neesy111

He's done ok, but that is because of what he inherited and huge slices of luck this season.  Classic PFM that got players onside via british man management.

Bruce was, is and always will be absolutely shite. we are 20th on nearly every list apart from the league to be fair but the football has been horrific.

His mates in the press want him to stay so we don't break into the top 6.

The players 'love him' because he lets them take the piss in training rather than Rafa who worked there bollocks off.

The press stuff is annoying. Clearly he gets wanked off in the press too much. I find the whinging about Rafa annoying, he did bang on about it too much tbf.

He's done okay. Anybody saying he has done shit, is letting their hatred of him cloud their judgement.

Bollocks.  He’s had a massive amount of luck, we’ve been playing the shittest ‘football’ in 4 divisions and the entire thing is completely unsustainable.

Are you going to tell us it was a plan to have our defenders go on an unprecedented scoring spree?  Good management that rescued a point with 2 injury time goals?  Managing to get past the mighty Rochdale and Oxford in a mere 360 minutes of dross was top class stuff?

By rights we should have been bottom of the table and thanking our lucky stars for Covid-19.

We play shit football, but the team spirit is clearly strong, and we consistently pick up points.

We've got that defence BECAUSE of his predecessor. We've also got that togetherness largely down to Rafa staying on when we were relegated too.

He's the luckiest cunt going.

Top of my head:

Sheff Utd away - robbed them

Chelsea home - robbed them

Spurs away - lucky as fuck to get one on the break and play them when they were the shittest they'd been in over 3 years

Brighton home - fuck knows how we got a point. They battered us.

Palace home - we robbed them late on, should have been a draw, they were arguably the better side.

Everton away - joke of an outcome based on any reliable probability.

That's relegation all day long without those flukes.

Not to mention the hard work he made of every round of the F.A Cup. We hobbled through to the quarters.

Bloke is a fraud and the quicker he's off the premises the better as far I'm concerned.

Steve Bruce is a shit manager.

He's done quite well this season but he's still shit.

The end.

This is the crux of it. I don't think he's a bad person and i don't blame him for taking a high profile PL job despite the fact he doesn't deserve it.

If they offered it to me, i'd take it and I've never managed or coached a football team before. But it would probably set me up for life financially, so.....

He is, without question, a shit manager though. An outdated, cliche-spouting, talentless dinosaur who is very much Ashley's man.  For that reason he deserves no professional respect at all.

But everyone saying they hate him and all that is a bit much. He doesn't seem like a bad guy - i couldn't imagine Shearer being mates with him if he was.

Hes winged it

Hes a cunt for taking the job in the first place

Hes not improved a single player

Fat bacon loving fraud who should be nowhere near PL clubs

Don't hate him. By all accounts is a decent bloke and fairly confident if I somehow found myself in his position I would have jumped at the opportunity.

Not particularly arsed about the rest of this season if it ever happens but hope he's ushered out sharpish for the next one.

We've got that defence BECAUSE of his predecessor. We've also got that togetherness largely down to Rafa staying on when we were relegated too.

Top of my head:

Spurs away - lucky as fuck to get one on the break and play them when they were the shittest they'd been in over 3 years

Palace home - we robbed them late on, should have been a draw, they were arguably the better side.

Not to mention the hard work he made of every round of the F.A Cup. We hobbled through to the quarters.

Bloke is a fraud and the quicker he's off the premises the better as far I'm concerned.

We played well against Spurs, deserved to win the game. You can argue, we could've picked up points at home to Arsenal, Everton and Burnley away (Carroll should've had a pen Vs Everton, the Gayle sitter against Burnley). We've had luck this season for sure, and our keeper has been class.

But again the team spirit has been pretty good, and when we don't get dicked, we're in most games, and consistently pick up points.

Nobody is arguing to keep Bruce on, or that he's a good manager.

We're pretty much worst in the league in every statistic.

:thup: looking at it from a wholly superficial, results perspective, yeah, I guess he's done 'okay'. But I watched Alan Pardew get an eight year deal and pretty much entire immunity off the back of a fluke season.

Along with that I don't care what people say about how he's a 'good bloke'. He might be friendly enough for a quick chat, or if you're one of his mates. That doesn't change the fact he gave Wednesday the finger to take this job, playing up his Geordie roots only now that it's convenient, and continued to blame the former manager for his own ineptitude after over half a season to put his mark on things.

For those reasons I don't give him an ounce of credit for this 'okay' season.

At the very least, I think the majority of us agree that he can't fuck off soon enough.

At the end of last season we had a team that was potentially going places. On Bruce's watch, we've seen the quality of football plummet, several dismal defeats lost in a manner we've not seen since McClaren, ten thousand seats be made available for free, and the Joelinton signing. We've picked up the bare number of wins to ensure our heads are above water, which is par for the course given the squad's talent in the context of other relegation-threatened teams. We required two replays against League 1 opposition to progress to the Fifth Round of the cup, where we held on to beat a weakened West Brom side. Additionally, I'd say there have been two notably positive results, against Spurs and at home to Man City. Arguably Sheffield United too, where we robbed them, but a win's a win.

If that describes 'okay', then he's done okay.

I wonder what this inept cunt has had our squad do during the lockdown?

We’re by no means safe if this season returns. Those at the bottom will at the very least have the bit between their teeth.

I wonder what this inept cunt has had our squad do during the lockdown?

We’re by no means safe if this season returns. Those at the bottom will at the very least have the bit between their teeth.

This is a man who boasted he didn't know how to send an email when he was at Sunderland so I'm going to stick my neck out and assume he hasn't set up Zoom or Teams or anything like that.

We're pretty much worst in the league in every statistic.

It wasn't difficult to see when watching the team either.

They'd better get rid of this guy immediately. He is not good in anyway whatsoever and has done nothing that is good at all.

Guest Carrick18

I'm never surprised to see who his greatest defenders are. It's a mix of people who aren't watching us regularly and those who feel stats don't truly reflect a game of football.

We've been fortunate enough to have a cluster of bad managers in the last 10 years, and that makes it easier to evaluate Bruce. In short, he's just above John Carver for me in terms of permanent managers. Ritchie Da Laet said he was very hands-off at Villa in terms of coaching, and it shows here. This is a team playing on muscle memory from Rafa's time but with a bit more freedom. To that end, it reminds me of the early days under Alan Pardew. We have the defensive structure set-up by his predecessor, but the freedom dial is turned up a bit. Even then, I can't think of a good team goal we've scored akin to Salomon Rondon's away at Huddersfield.

His media-handling is someway close to Pardew well. I think he puts less spin on things, but he's in a similar boat of being in denial about his role in proceedings. In terms of his future, I'd want him gone the second we are safe. Talk of him 'earning a shot' is laughable. As is his puppy dog tears about Mike Ashley not talking to him. He shafted Sheffield Wednesday quick enough. He's just disappointed he's on the wrong end of the shit-stick.

I'm never surprised to see who his greatest defenders are. It's a mix of people who aren't watching us regularly and those who feel stats don't truly reflect a game of football.

We've been fortunate enough to have a cluster of bad managers in the last 10 years, and that makes it easier to evaluate Bruce. In short, he's just above John Carver for me in terms of permanent managers. Ritchie Da Laet said he was very hands-off at Villa in terms of coaching, and it shows here. This is a team playing on muscle memory from Rafa's time but with a bit more freedom. To that end, it reminds me of the early days under Alan Pardew. We have the defensive structure set-up by his predecessor, but the freedom dial is turned up a bit. Even then, I can't think of a good team goal we've scored akin to Salomon Rondon's away at Huddersfield.

His media-handling is someway close to Pardew well. I think he puts less spin on things, but he's in a similar boat of being in denial about his role in proceedings. In terms of his future, I'd want him gone the second we are safe. Talk of him 'earning a shot' is laughable. As is his puppy dog tears about Mike Ashley not talking to him. He shafted Sheffield Wednesday quick enough. He's just disappointed he's on the wrong end of the shit-stick.

Spurs away was a fantastic team goal (20+ passes, Astu assist chip), as was Wolves away (sexy little flick from Gayle, Almiron finish). Longstaff's goal away to Man Utd was a nice little team move and finish aswell.

Guest Carrick18

His media-handling is someway close to Pardew well. I think he puts less spin on things, but he's in a similar boat of being in denial about his role in proceedings. In terms of his future, I'd want him gone the second we are safe. Talk of him 'earning a shot' is laughable. As is his puppy dog tears about Mike Ashley not talking to him. He shafted Sheffield Wednesday quick enough. He's just disappointed he's on the wrong end of the s***-stick.

Spurs away was a fantastic team goal (20+ passes, Astu assist chip), as was Wolves away (sexy little flick from Gayle, Almiron finish). Longstaff's goal away to Man Utd was a nice little team move and finish aswell.

Apologies, I've misspoke a little here.

I think when I say team goal, I mean more in terms of, I don't feel like I've seen us produce pattern play to create a chance. The Spurs goal, was in my opinion, woeful defending from them. The Wolves goal, if you watch, is good pressing, followed by instinctual running. I don't doubt you can produce that semi-regularly, but in modern football you need an element of pattern/structure to really make the most out of your players.

The man is simply an inept dinosaur who have achieved some staggering results more by luck than any judgement or tactical ability.

Our football has been utterly shocking - embarrassingly so.

He needs to go as soon as the ink is dry, and I wish him luck in his next job as Manager of Walsall. Or Hartlepool. Or Bury. That's about his level but I feel fucking sorry for any clubs he might be staggeringly lucky to manage.

I think since Paul Merson rates Bruce so highly, Arsenal should sack Mikel Arteta and appoint him. After all, Bruce deserves a chance to manage a top club doesn't he Mers  :idiot2:

I find it amazing how many of these pundits say he deserves to manage us but if he was linked with their own club they'd be pissed off

Top of my head:

Not sure it's worth wasting that much effort trying to convince people tbh. Some people are always going to give Bruce the benefit of the doubt because he's a nice bloke/local lad. They are the type who would probably want to wait until we are in a relegation spot before reluctantly giving him the boot.

For the rest of us, we have to look ahead to bigger and better things, and that will include a world class manager.

I mean I get he's a local guy and a cheery guy, fair enough.

Maybe put him in charge of a new pie shop in the stadium or something. This is a role far more suited to him and his appetite.

I think since Paul Merson rates Bruce so highly, Arsenal should sack Mikel Arteta and appoint him. After all, Bruce deserves a chance to manage a top club doesn't he Mers  :idiot2:

I find it amazing how many of these pundits say he deserves to manage us but if he was linked with their own club they'd be pissed off

Was thinking exactly this when I was watching Jamie Redknapp carrying on about the “lack of respect” being shown to Bruce. Sure Jamie, bet you’d feel the same if Bruce was offered the Liverpool job  :idiot2: