Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

:lol: I see the Bruce cheerleaders are out in force after a 1-1 with a relegated team

You are full on weird you like.

As is your relentless defence of Bruce in the teeth of stats, reason and overwhelming opposition from the vast majority. (Aside from Butcher, I cant think of anyone else)

No what is weird is the relentless anger that Bruce triggers in you lot. It's fucking weird.

If I was saying Bruce was a good manager and I wanted him to stay, then the goon squad would have a point. But I'm not.

Clearly post after post, I've said he's not a good manager and we need a new manager next season. How many times do I have to type it to get into your thick skulls?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

No ones angry as far as I can see. But you are ‘projecting’ your inner anger onto others here and then saying it’s them who are angry.

I just find the energy and time you spend on defending him time after time in the face of such overwhelming odds a bit strange. I’d love to know the real reason for it. Is it because he’s a proper Geordie? Are you related? Personal friend? There’s definitely something at play here.

Of course people are angry. Posters hate him. It's not even up for debate.

People actively dislike him. Yeah, that's true. No one is denying that. As I posted a few days back, it's an emotional reaction that is as much caused by the circumstances of him becoming our manager than solely him being our manager. Crazy that people should have an emotional reaction over a bloke who came in after a world class manager, is generally a bit of a dick and is only utilising the club and playing the hometown hero card now that it suits him, eh?

I find it much weirder that someone who accepts he's shit feels the need to defend his honour every time someone says something derogatory about him in the interest of some sort of 'balance'.

It only seems to get truly 'angry' in here when you come in to tell everyone that they can dislike him but only to a certain extent. :lol:

:lol: I see the Bruce cheerleaders are out in force after a 1-1 with a relegated team

As is your relentless defence of Bruce in the teeth of stats, reason and overwhelming opposition from the vast majority. (Aside from Butcher, I cant think of anyone else)

No what is weird is the relentless anger that Bruce triggers in you lot. It's f***ing weird.

If I was saying Bruce was a good manager and I wanted him to stay, then the goon squad would have a point. But I'm not.

Clearly post after post, I've said he's not a good manager and we need a new manager next season. How many times do I have to type it to get into your thick skulls?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

No ones angry as far as I can see. But you are ‘projecting’ your inner anger onto others here and then saying it’s them who are angry.

I just find the energy and time you spend on defending him time after time in the face of such overwhelming odds a bit strange. I’d love to know the real reason for it. Is it because he’s a proper Geordie? Are you related? Personal friend? There’s definitely something at play here.

Tell me a single thing I said that was angry?

Anger: "feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility."

That is this thread.  :lol:

You were posting in Sheff Utd thread about sacking Bruce straight away after the win. Seems pretty fucking angry to me.  :lol:

Enjoy your little circle jerk, about the fat fucking cunt. Shit manager. Done a shit job getting to 39 points after 31 games. Fuming we're 12 points clear of the relegation zone. Fuming we're 4 points better off than this stage last season. Not happy we're only lost 3 homes games this season. Should be zero.

We are safe. Comfortably safe. I'm leaving it at that.

No what is weird is the relentless anger that Bruce triggers in you lot. It's f***ing weird.

Tell me a single thing I said that was angry?

Anger: "feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility."

That is this thread.  :lol:

You were posting in Sheff Utd thread about sacking Bruce straight away after the win. Seems pretty fucking angry to me.  :lol:

Enjoy your little circle jerk, about the fat fucking cunt. Shit manager. Done a shit job getting to 39 points after 31 games. Fuming we're 12 points clear of the relegation zone. Fuming we're 4 points better off than this stage last season. Not happy we're only lost 3 homes games this season. Should be zero.

We are safe. Comfortably safe. I'm leaving it at that.

Excellent. The rest of us can have a chat about how shite he is in peace now then.

No what is weird is the relentless anger that Bruce triggers in you lot. It's fucking weird.

Would actually prefer it if you would say he IS a good manager, that would at least explain why you are always leaping to his defence.

I'm ambivalent about him really but never watch his interviews. He's just uninspiring and some of his Rafa digs were embarrassing.

He's done ok this year but with a healthy slice of good fortune. We wouldn't be getting taken over if we were in the relegation zone, so I'm happy to offer him some form of goodwill for that. If he stays for whatever reason, I'll be very disappointed.

He's not a good manager, we all know this. The personal abuse is pointless but whatever. I don't care how he treated Sheffield Weds, and I suspect most people don't but it's just a convenient stick. Selectively showing his attacking stats whilst neglecting our defensive stats are again, convenient.

But whatever, it's football and brings out the worst in people. Hopefully in a year we'll have forgotten he was ever here and I can't imagine he'll have a string of clubs lining him up.

I'm ambivalent about him really but never watch his interviews. He's just uninspiring and some of his Rafa digs were embarrassing.

He's done ok this year but with a healthy slice of good fortune. We wouldn't be getting taken over if we were in the relegation zone, so I'm happy to offer him some form of goodwill for that. If he stays for whatever reason, I'll be very disappointed.

He's not a good manager, we all know this. The personal abuse is pointless but whatever. I don't care how he treated Sheffield Weds, and I suspect most people don't but it's just a convenient stick. Selectively showing his attacking stats whilst neglecting our defensive stats are again, convenient.

But whatever, it's football and brings out the worst in people. Hopefully in a year we'll have forgotten he was ever here and I can't imagine he'll have a string of clubs lining him up.

Well he should do really, considering the amount of vocal support he gets from football pundits. If you think he deserves credit for the job he's done, then you are really not giving him it by saying that there won't be many clubs looking to hire him. If they don't then they clearly think he's shit, which is all his critics have ever argued in the first place.

Well he should do really, considering the amount of vocal support he gets from football pundits. If you think he deserves credit for the job he's done, then you are really not giving him it by saying that there won't be many clubs looking to hire him. If they don't then they clearly think he's shit, which is all his critics have ever argued in the first place.

I doubt any of them would give him a job if they ran a club - it's just bigging up mates etc.

And I said goodwill not credit. He has done ok, but there was a lot of luck and riding Rafa's coat-tails. You could say the best thing about him this season was that he wasn't shit enough to totally undo all of Rafa's work. I don't want him to have the opportunity to do that!

Got a daft question for all.

If we beat Man City and went on to win the cup, what would be fans thoughts on Steve Bruce?

Wouldn't he surely go down as our most prestigious manager in recent history considering our lack of winning anything in terms of recognisable trophies.

If he achieves anything from 10th to 13th in the Prem (which looks a possibility) it's around our average position in terms of managers before him that have kept us up.

And could the new owners sack a man who just won our first proper silverware in decades?

If we beat Man City and went on to win the cup, what would be fans thoughts on Steve Bruce?

Wouldn't he surely go down as our most prestigious manager in recent history considering our lack of winning anything in terms of recognisable trophies.

If he achieves anything from 10th to 13th in the Prem (which looks a possibility) it's around our average position in terms of managers before him that have kept us up.

And could the new owners sack a man who just won our first proper silverware in decades?

Shit manager that somehow won the cup and made everyone happy.

Not going to happen though so pointless discussing it.

Aghast, conflicted, frustrated, respectful. Would like to think I could feel some joy but I've just been beaten into such a sense of loathing towards the whole set-up, particularly with what happened last summer, that I don't know whether or not I'm too far gone.

I have said this numerous times but will repeat it again for clarity. If Bruce wins us the FA cup I will happily admit I was wrong and declare him to be a living legend Newcastle manager. Because that is in fact what he would effectively be. Is that fair enough?

You can quote me on this so bookmark this page.

I have said this numerous times but will repeat it again for clarity. If Bruce wins us the FA cup I will happily admit I was wrong and declare him to be a living legend Newcastle manager. Because that is in fact what he would effectively be. Is that fair enough?

I'm not trying to catch anyone out here :lol:

I did not want Steve Bruce here, I was astonished we payed Sheffield Wednesday to bring him here, albeit with a free player loan as a bargaining chip in terms of Jacob Murphy.

But has he not pulled of the raggiest results of any manager in history, I only see today's opponents City as the biggest hurdle, the rest are beatable if we apply the right attitude and get the (luck) we/he keeps getting.

Then I'm thinking surely that places Steve Bruce as our most successful manager?

I did say daft question 👍🏻

I did not want Steve Bruce here, I was astonished we played Sheffield Wednesday to bring him here, albeit with a free player loan as a bargaining chip in terms of Jacob Murphy.

But has he not pulled of the raggiest results of any manager in history, I only see today's opponents City as the biggest hurdle, the rest are beatable if we apply the right attitude and get the (luck) we/he keeps getting.

Then I'm thinking surely that places Steve Bruce as our most successful manager?

It's not a daft question, if he wins the FA cup that will undoubtedly make him our most successful modern era manager, and I for one will happily bestow on him the title of club legend. :thup:

think i've made my feelings on bruce very clear the last few months but i'm wanting us to win this fucker like, would love to ASM/Almiron/Dubs be the group of players to win us something as a like pretty much all of our current squad tbh

I did not want Steve Bruce here, I was astonished we played Sheffield Wednesday to bring him here, albeit with a free player loan as a bargaining chip in terms of Jacob Murphy.

It's not a daft question, if he wins the FA cup that will undoubtedly make him our most successful modern era manager, and I for one will happily bestow on him the title of club legend. :thup:

We aren't winning the cup, man.

Even if by some miracle we beat Man City, it'll be Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Leicester in the semi.

Not happening.

We aren't winning the cup, man.

Even if by some miracle we beat Man City, it'll be Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or Leicester in the semi.

Not happening.

We'll wipe the floor with the fucking lot of them.