Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

That press conference man. He can’t answer a question that’s more complex than ”who’s injured?”

How are Liverpool different to Man City? ”They’re very, very, very, very, very good. Let’s hope for the best”

genuinely looks terrified that he has to answer questions. The little disgusted head shake after the lee ryder question aswell  :lol:

The answer to the last question as well. "we are where we are, and where we are, is where we are." Is that his version of Trump's "it is what it is"

That press conference man. He can’t answer a question that’s more complex than ”who’s injured?”

How are Liverpool different to Man City? ”They’re very, very, very, very, very good. Let’s hope for the best”

He's doing that Pardew thing where he's getting cross with questions which aren't even aggressive or difficult just because he wants to be annoyed.  There was a great post match interview with Pardew (BBC maybe) where he was irate and picking a fight about a nothing question- think it was when he was with Palace.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9095727/Steve-Bruce-admits-criticism-hurting-Newcastle-players-urges-create-siege-mentality.html

More of the same from before but it adds a little before the 'make people shut up' line

"‘The criticism hurts them but I hope I can create a mentality to make sure we roll our sleeves up and shut a few people up,’ he said."

Just read that BBC piece. The man is a living piece of baboon s***.

'We are where we are'. Yeah we're s*** so don't blame me for us staying shit. What's the point of having you as head coach then you utter t***?! You're as useless as that dead pigeon at SJP.

I know you're reading this cabbage heed. So f*** off.

When Bruce first arrived most people on here laughed when the players said they were happy with him because the training not as intense, now hes asking them for more on the training pitch, it's too late man, any extra he asks for now will be seen as a negative

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9095727/Steve-Bruce-admits-criticism-hurting-Newcastle-players-urges-create-siege-mentality.html

More of the same from before but it adds a little before the 'make people shut up' line

"‘The criticism hurts them but I hope I can create a mentality to make sure we roll our sleeves up and shut a few people up,’ he said."

I don't blame the players you dumb fuck

Edit - obviously not you nbthree3  :lol:

That BBC article is a bit snide actually

The excerpt of the level of financial investment Everton and Villa have enjoyed in recent seasons,  is used to almost invalidate any ambitions of challenging teams in that bracket

Also it’s incredible to me how Bruce genuinely seems to be banking on some kind of collective amnesia with his quotes on Villa. He left them 14th in the Championship, with one of, if not the most expensively assembled squad in the league’s history

Looks like we should just accept we'll be struggling in the bottom 6 every season from now on as we can't compete with any other club in the league financially, what a time to be a Toon fan eh!

No one expected anything else tbh yet still 50000 turn up

Hearing that ‘roll our sleeves up’ bollocks in 2020 is fucking depressing

I remember when it used to be a cliché used humorously/ironically. With Bruce it's earnest and literally every time he speaks.

Really better to just be relegated under these fuckers. For a manager to come out and say this is your lot, not my remit to improve or get the best out of this club is horrific. Lose a few more games and pressure will get to much for the fat cunt and that's without fans in the stadium.

He could at least say he has a plan to bring young players through or develop a style of football or tactics or anything but he's just essentially saying he needs to put a team out that can scrape to 17th year after year.

He says he's a fan which is utter bollocks because a fan would be in touch with the club and fan's whereas he just spouts shit.

Anyone thinking of going back when crowds are allowed deserve everything they get.