Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I think he'll probably keep you up.

The problem is, the football will be awful - he is straight out of the MON 'slap them on the back and get them fired up' school.

He doesn't 'do' tactics. The closest he came with us was - and this is bizarre - a long diagonal punt from the keeper to a well-advanced-up-the-pitch El-Mohammedy. It happened so often it had to be a planned 'thing'

Also, nothing is ever his fault, never. He had the fans on his side for a long time at our place but it was the constant flailing around looking for someone else to blame when things went wrong that lost him that - at which point he started blaming the fans too.

Very quickly you'll get stuck of hearing 'we'll be there or thereabouts' as his answer to everything.

You put up with a degree of the above if the results are worth it, or if the football was good to watch, but it isn't. It's relentlessly old school.

You get away with that too a certain degree in the championship, but not in the top flight.

You say these things like they are bad things :lol:

His appointment is perfect. It's going to be a complete disaster.

No way he'll keep us up.

I think he'll probably keep you up.

The problem is, the football will be awful - he is straight out of the MON 'slap them on the back and get them fired up' school.

He doesn't 'do' tactics. The closest he came with us was - and this is bizarre - a long diagonal punt from the keeper to a well-advanced-up-the-pitch El-Mohammedy. It happened so often it had to be a planned 'thing'

Also, nothing is ever his fault, never. He had the fans on his side for a long time at our place but it was the constant flailing around looking for someone else to blame when things went wrong that lost him that - at which point he started blaming the fans too.

Very quickly you'll get stuck of hearing 'we'll be there or thereabouts' as his answer to everything.

You put up with a degree of the above if the results are worth it, or if the football was good to watch, but it isn't. It's relentlessly old school.

You get away with that too a certain degree in the championship, but not in the top flight.

You say these things like they are bad things :lol:

His appointment is perfect. It's going to be a complete disaster.

No way he'll keep us up.

Aye, the disaster would have been if Vieira or Arteta got it, would have had alot of fans willing to give them a chance 'young manager, could turn out great' etc

Even some on here were saying Arteta might not be a bad choice.

Bruce ffs :lol:

Ashley has fucked it if he thinks this will appease the masses.

Mind you, kind of wish fat sam accepted it, that would have driven even more fans away than Bruce, but as said, he might have kept us up, not a cat in hells chance Bruce will.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-holds-talks-newcastle-16571734

It has also emerged that Newcastle sources were left surprised by Sam Allardyce's comments that he had been offered a return to the club today.

His public comments are believed to have come from a conversation with his agent but no approach was ever made to be turned down.

See? Steve Bruce was always their first choice.

Guest Gonzo

Sick of this s***.

Simple. Don’t attend any games or contribute in any way to the club financially or to Sports Direct while Ashley is still here.

We all have our bit to do. This isn’t about Steve Bruce, I have nothing against him (yet). The club we supported and loved is dead. It’s gone. The memories of better times trampled on. The future is chaos. There’s nothing to cling on to anymore. No hope. Not unless there’s a revolt.

Newcastle is a big city but it’s not that big that a good portion of knowledgeable supporters who stop going won’t be noticed. It’s the only recourse we have. It will be a battle of wills and will take time. A few good results and some will crumble.. but we must mean it this time. It can’t fail. It’s too important.

Stand united and we have a chance against this sociopath. Do what we did before and this will continue like Groundhog Day for another 13 years. Some of us on here could well be dead by then, or at least too old to be bothered by it. Are we happy to wait that long??

Just think of the state of the club that Sir Bobby came to watch in those final years. Knowing that it could have been so much more.

The way I see it is any manager accepting the position to work at our club under Ashley is part of the problem. Bruce may or may not be a 'nice' bloke / Geordie / NUFC fan, etc but if he's agreed to work for Ashley then he's a c*nt because if he really loved the club he'd want Ashley out and wouldn't entertain the fat cretin. The same way that anyone continuing to go to matches is part of the problem, the same way that the local journos are part of the problem. I'm now at the point where people are either with me or they're against me, I have a truly black and white view of the situation and until our vile, parasitic scumbag of an owner it gone, by means fair or foul I can't bring myself to bother with the club - the only thing holding my interest is the marginal hope that the current takeover eventually goes through, but my faith in that is quickly diminishing, regardless of my thoughts on whether this is part of Ashley's scorched earth policy of leaving the club.

<b>Bruce can't win me over with results because I hope we lose every match.</b>

Whole thing needs to burn down so Ashley leaves. Last thing I want is Bruce to keep us clear of relegation.

You'll be won over in no time then

:lol: Well yes, there is that.

Guest Gonzo

That takeover ship has sailed. Ain’t happening. Part of me doubts they ever had the money. Agreed a price yes. “It’ll cost 350m” - oh yeah, no problem!

Ashley sees the opportunity. A smokescreen for the summer and a patsy to blame things on as they start going wrong as the season starts and transfer window closes.

He didn’t even have to utter a word himself. Just leak the agreement to the sun via Bishop and watch us all lose our minds.

I have to hand it to him. Quite a brilliant strategy. Didn’t quite last long enough. He now has the angry mob to deal with.

That takeover ship has sailed. Ain’t happening. Part of me doubts they ever had the money. Agreed a price yes. “It’ll cost 350m” - oh yeah, no problem!

Ashley sees the opportunity. A smokescreen for the summer and a patsy to blame things on as they start going wrong as the season starts and transfer window closes.

He didn’t even have to utter a word himself. Just leak the agreement to the sun via Bishop and watch us all lose our minds.

I have to hand it to him. Quite a brilliant strategy. Didn’t quite last long enough. He now has the angry mob to deal with.

and there is no way that this albatross will be worth near 350 million again after January

Totally agree with the above. Ashley is thick as fucking mince if he thinks the club is going to be anywhere near worth the price ‘supposed’ buyers are willing to pay now once we’re in the lower half of the table come January.

<b>Bruce can't win me over with results because I hope we lose every match.</b>

Whole thing needs to burn down so Ashley leaves. Last thing I want is Bruce to keep us clear of relegation.

You'll be won over in no time then

:lol: Well yes, there is that.

O0

Totally agree with the above. Ashley is thick as fucking mince if he thinks the club is going to be anywhere near worth the price ‘supposed’ buyers are willing to pay now once we’re in the lower half of the table come January.

Newcastle will be lucky to reach the lofty heights of 18th come January let alone the bottom half, given the schedule start, the toxic cloud, and losing 23 of our 42 goals.

The fat fuck is banking on promotion at the first time of asking. Let's see what happens if the club languishes in the lower leagues. Not a particularly useful platform for his shitty brand at that point when decent tv exposure only comes with an odd playoff game or drawing Leicester City in the 3rd round of the FA Cup on a freakish mini cup run..

It really feels like the club is dead now, any sliver of hope of the takeover gone.

We were on life support and the appointment of Steve f***ing Bruce is it being turned off.

f*** me, man.

More like the eye lids were opening and we were waking so Ashley came in with a pillow to make sure we didnt wake up.

I said this all along they dont have the 350m I can go into a Ferrari garage and agree a price on a new car doesn't mean I can stump up the cash

Which begs the question: Why tell the world you have concluded a deal when you don't have the cash or the means to raise it?

It was similar with all the others before them. I dont get what you get out of what was described as ploys to get their names out there and some publicity. Not when it makes you look like incompetent businessmen/women.

Again.. when its multiple takeover stories that end the same there is one common factor.

Would never happen, but I would love nothing more than a journalist to ask Bruce during his introductory press conference how he feels about being offered the job after 5 other managers allegedly turned it down first.

As if there will be one actual comment asked by a proper journalist they will all lick Bruce's arse and be fully onside.

Will be lots of "up for the challenge" "know what football means to this area" "means so much to me" "I fully believe in myself" "will do everything to get it right" "club has everything to thrive"

Get the Brucee bingo going. Someone on Twitter apparently already has.

It really feels like the club is dead now, any sliver of hope of the takeover gone.

We were on life support and the appointment of Steve f***ing Bruce is it being turned off.

f*** me, man.

More like: we were on life support for almost a decade and then a buxom Spanish nurse walks in and gives us sponge baths for 3 straight years, telling us how we’re gonna be just fine, make a full recovery, and become celebrities in a few years. Then the nurse is sacked off and we come crashing back to reality, except it’s no longer just that we’re indeed on life support with no way back, but the buxom Spanish nurse has been replaced by Steve fucking Bruce in a nurse outfit.

Would never happen, but I would love nothing more than a journalist to ask Bruce during his introductory press conference how he feels about being offered the job after 5 other managers allegedly turned it down first.

As if there will be one actual comment asked by a proper journalist they will all lick Bruce's arse and be fully onside.

Will be lots of "up for the challenge" "know what football means to this area" "means so much to me" "I fully believe in myself" "will do everything to get it right" "club has everything to thrive"

Get the Brucee bingo going. Someone on Twitter apparently already has.

Might turn it into a drinking game, can't be any worse than watching this slow motion car crash sober.

I said this all along they dont have the 350m I can go into a Ferrari garage and agree a price on a new car doesn't mean I can stump up the cash

You said all along for the winter months of two fucking seasons that Rafa would relegate us. Your prognosticating privileges are hereby condemned to be rammed back up your asshole right next to the corpse of Lemmywinks.