Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

In the meantime I doubt he will even be trying to advise Bruce. As he says he will just be giving a neutral opinion.

Think initially he will just be getting a good sense of the players we have and exactly how rotten the current training sessions are, so he can formulate a plan for when Bruce gets tossed.

Nice to finally meet Steve's replacement. Hope he settles in nicely.

I didnt think I could dislike Bruce any more but now that the club have literally slapped him in the face, told him hes shit by appointing someone who knows how to coach, how has he not quit?

Quite the fucking coward.

The way Jones was talking it seems he's been brought in to take over for sure.

The bit he says about getting the best players on the pitch and getting the best out of them was very interesting, when you consider how Bruce has been slating the players after having spent £100 million since coming in. I'm pretty sure MA did not appreciate that.

Jones has a lot of really good experience with Martinez but his managerial experience is very light. Bringing him in after sacking Bruce would bring a lot more scrutiny rather than bringing him in initially as assistant head coach and then letting him take over once Bruce is gone.

I think he'll eventually take over as manager and I am all for it. Far more hope under him than Bruce IMO.

Fucking hell, from Rafa Benitez to some cunt who nearly relegated Luton out of the Championship.

Yes, you'd better believe it. This is life under MA. And as shocking as it sounds it would still be a step up from the current situation under Bruce!

In the meantime I doubt he will even be trying to advise Bruce. As he says he will just be giving a neutral opinion.

Think initially he will just be getting a good sense of the players we have and exactly how rotten the current training sessions are, so he can formulate a plan for when Bruce gets tossed.

Imagine his face when he looks at the weeks calendar.  :lol:

Monday: Breakfast and a wind down session after a tough weekend.

Tuesday: Get beat off Leeds

Wednesday: Throw a ball on the training pitch and ask the players to roll up their sleeves.

Thursday: Kebabs

Friday: Wind down session after Kebabs and beers.

Saturday: Get stuffed.

Sunday: Well earned day off.

The bit he says about getting the best players on the pitch and getting the best out of them was very interesting, when you consider how Bruce has been slating the players after having spent £100 million since coming in. I'm pretty sure MA did not appreciate that.

Jones has a lot of really good experience with Martinez but his managerial experience is very light. Bringing him in after sacking Bruce would bring a lot more scrutiny rather than bringing him in initially as assistant head coach and then letting him take over once Bruce is gone.

I think he'll eventually take over as manager and I am all for it. Far more hope under him than Bruce IMO.

If this guy is really being brought in to be the manager it’s a worse appointment than kinnear. At least kinnear was an actual manager.

This guy failed in the championship, even Bruce was doing a reasonable job in the championship ffs

I’ll never understand Mike Ashley and I’d rather not have to try

If this guy is really being brought in to be the manager it’s a worse appointment than kinnear. At least kinnear was an actual manager.

This guy failed in the championship, even Bruce was doing a reasonable job in the championship ffs

I know nowt about this guy but I'd rather give a chance to a somewhat progressive coach, even if he turns out shit, than a 90s dinosaur or PL has been. I'm not so sure his Luton spell is a fair assessment.

Only in MA world would this be the choice mind.

I still think we go down regardless of if it’s Bruce staying or Jones taking over, both massively out of their depth here.

I feel Bruce being sacked would give the players enough of a lift to get the points required. Says nowt about the future of the club though.

Looking at upcoming fixtures, I can realistically see Bruce being 'manager' for the next 2, maybe 3 matches depedning how the next 2 go with Jones giving his 'neutral' opinons/advice.

He'll be allowed to lose at Everton but then we'll be expected to beat Palace up here. If we lose that, he'll be gone and Jones will have a home match against Southampton to try and get something before inevitable losses at Chelsea and Man Utd.

Then we need to see what the teams below us have done, and if we are closer to the bottom 3.

I know nowt about this guy but I'd rather give a chance to a somewhat progressive coach, even if he turns out shit, than a 90s dinosaur or PL has been. I'm not so sure his Luton spell is a fair assessment.

Only in MA world would this be the choice mind.

I was exaggerating to make the point how ridiculous it is pinning our hopes on this guy

At this point I would be very happy with seeing Bruce get canned and Jones fully taking over and getting the team playing much better and doing well enough to stay up comfortably, just to see Bruce fully exposed for the charlatan he is.

At this point I would be very happy with seeing Bruce get canned and Jones fully taking over and getting the team playing much better and doing well enough to stay up comfortably, just to see Bruce fully exposed for the charlatan he is.

Agree, much like when Dean Smith took over from him at Villa.

Again...what exactly in Jones record makes anyone think he's going to improve us?  Unless I've missed something I don't see much past a few years of mediocrity at low level. Fair enough if he was 20, but this guy is 50 and isn't exactly a newby to coaching

Apparently he has turned down the offer of a 'resignation but you'll still get a decent payoff' option and is staying until he gets sacked.

Graeme Jones appointment was a punishment of sorts. Feel they'll be more of these things happening in the next few weeks.

Again...what exactly in Jones record makes anyone think he's going to improve us?  Unless I've missed something I don't see much past a few years of mediocrity at low level. Fair enough if he was 20, but this guy is 50 and isn't exactly a newby to coaching

Lots of great assistant coaches that don't make the grade as a manager/head coach. If he can get shit down behind the scenes then great - even if it's getting the players settled and training properly