Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Who was it I bet we would finish 6 pts or more above 18th and Bruce and Ashley to both be here come August?

With the impending arrival of choudory and ASM back I’m very confident on winning that!

Twas I CalmintheChaos[/member] - I'm equally confident so will be interesting to see who is the victor, either way, a good cause will benefit.

https://twitter.com/NewcastleFansTV/status/1354362899658117120?s=20

I know there was a Durham video the other day.  But not sure this one was posted.

Refreshing to see someone in the media basically saying he should be sacked.

Calls out the Simon Jordan and other cretins on the station (Agbonlahor, Bent, Cascarino) for being biased towards Bruce because he's a mate, or they think he's a good bloke  :lol:

Was listening to them Tuesday before our KO, Darren Gough bated one supporter who called in and was sensible and rounded in his critism of everything. Asked him if he wanted us to lose if it meant Bruce was sacked.

The poor guy responded with a reluctant yes, because he could see the trap that was obviously set, and permanently no supporter wants their side to lose - and he explained that. 'Goughie' laughed his head off, and just undermined everything he said that both himself and Durham actually agreed on. So frustrating.

Darren Gough was one of my childhood sporting heroes growing up.  It was some heel turn when I started hearing him on Talksport.  He supports about ten teams and has no idea what he's prattling on about.  Used to always link it back to "crick-eet" and all.  Insufferable bore.

Not listened for years, thankfully.  But I still watch clips on twitter now and then.  I've actually been pleasantly surprised with some that I've seen.  Durham in particular.

It’s always to serve some sort of contrived click bait  barney. It’s nice to hear and at least it’s out there but it’ll before less than a month before it contradicts it entirely to suit a phone-in.

TBF, I have always said when he isn't being a complete twat, purely to bait people into calling in.  Durham is a good journalist and quite knowledgeable and clued up.  Especially compared to most of the mongy hosts they have on that station. 

Darren Gough was one of my childhood sporting heroes growing up.  It was some heel turn when I started hearing him on Talksport.  He supports about ten teams and has no idea what he's prattling on about.  Used to always link it back to "crick-eet" and all.  Insufferable bore.

Not listened for years, thankfully.  But I still watch clips on twitter now and then.  I've actually been pleasantly surprised with some that I've seen.  Durham in particular.

He's a raging tory anarl.

He's a raging tory anarl.

He's as sharp as cue ball and a similar shape to one these days by the looks of it.  So I can't really hold that against him.

While we’re on about talk sport, there was an interesting bit of info from the colossal bellend Simon Jordan after his discussion with Craig Hope, saying Ashley bought us because he had a bet with his mate Paul Kemsley who was a former vice-chairman of Tottenham.

While we’re on about talk sport, there was an interesting bit of info from the colossal bellend Simon Jordan after his discussion with Craig Hope, saying Ashley bought us because he had a bet with his mate Paul Kemsley who was a former vice-chairman of Tottenham.

Yeah, I heard that. Didn't think much into it. Probably one of those pub/ladish type bets, rather than Ashley going out of his way to win a bet by buying us. Probably waged in between throwing up in a fire place and pouring a pint over Chris Mort.

Think he brought us because he liked football, and thought it could be a play thing, and didn't realise he was so far in over his head. Football landscape changed very quickly on him with how much it costs to compete at the top, and he's just used the club to maximise advertising SD and ran it as any other of his businesses (surgically stem financial losses, and wait for up turn to sell on) rather than a competitive sporting venture.

I remember hearing years ago that it was a bet that Ashley could make money through owning a club. Makes sense.

He then fell out with the fanbase and developed a hate/contempt for the whole region, so IMO he now has 2 aims, making money and keeping a cloud of misery over the club.

Simon Jordan looks a Bo Selecta version of Jason Donovan.

I remember hearing years ago that it was a bet that Ashley could make money through owning a club. Makes sense.

He then fell out with the fanbase and developed a hate/contempt for the whole region, so IMO he now has 2 aims, making money and keeping a cloud of misery over the club.

Does he actually hate the club, fans, area - to the degree we always think? With the greatest respect I've always thought that's something our fanbase have kept on telling ourselves.

Always thinking the worst of him, portraying him as some bond villain that's going out of his way to f*** us over at whatever financial/reputational cost. Obviously won't have any love for the club/fans, but whilst countless decisions have obviously f***ed us over to varying degrees, our suffering under him is a (un)happy coincidence. 

The decisions he makes, and his general ownership are born through incompetent/clueless rather than malevolence and hatred for the fans, and end of the day his financial standing/investment.

Yeah, I heard that. Didn't think much into it. Probably one of those pub/ladish type bets, rather than Ashley going out of his way to win a bet by buying us. Probably waged in between throwing up in a fire place and pouring a pint over Chris Mort.

Think he brought us because he liked football, and thought it could be a play thing, and didn't realise he was so far in over his head. Football landscape changed very quickly on him with how much it costs to compete at the top, and he's just used the club to maximise advertising SD and ran it as any other of his businesses (surgically stem financial losses, and wait for up turn to sell on) rather than a competitive sporting venture.

That's how I see it as well, he bought at the wrong time with the financial crisis and all that.

He runs us the same way he runs everything else, would rather make 10p from every pound by spending nothing rather than making 10p in every pound with putting loads into brand building etc.

He bought us because we were available and the amount of shirt sales etc that were made at the time made us a fit for a sports retailer

Does he actually hate the club, fans, area - to the degree we always think? With the greatest respect I've always thought that's something our fanbase have kept on telling ourselves.

Always thinking the worst of him, portraying him as some bond villain that's going out of his way to f*** us over at whatever financial/reputational cost. Obviously won't have any love for the club/fans, but whilst countless decisions have obviously f***ed us over to varying degrees, our suffering under him is a (un)happy coincidence. 

The decisions he makes, and his general ownership are born through incompetent/clueless rather than malevolence and hatred for the fans, and end of the day his financial standing/investment.

I don't think it matters much to quibble over the degree of like/dislike he has. Whether the contempt is real or just a story we tell ourselves, at the end of the day the product is the same; a club run as ineptly, un-ambitiously and cheaply as possible, happy to just make up the numbers. Sure, In some cosmic, metaphysical sense there's an injustice being done by thinking of him as evil: malice misattributed to an orc with poor taste in jeans. But it changes nothing so I don't care.

Simon Jordan looks a Bo Selecta version of Jason Donovan.

:lol: :lol:

This could get quite messy between Bruce and Jones. If Bruce isn’t willing to listen there’s no point Jones being there and if Jones goes over Bruce’s head Ashley could have another Keegan type court case on his hands

All very strange

You are talking as if Bruce has a spine and will stand his ground. Even if he doesn't listen to Jones, who is going to listen to him? The players already look pig sick of him, they'll probably be glad to take some actual instruction. Bruce will still blab on during games and at half time but I doubt anyone will be taking much notice.

I just can't buy that anybody could be that inept. Kinnear, McLaren, Bruce, relegating a team that was never in a relegation battle, joke training ground - for 13 solid years. Even if you were that inept after that amount of time you'd have learned.

Its not inept that we've an embarrassing training ground and no board.

Ashley benefits from those things to the same tune NUFC loses. No money for training ground - hurts the club, money for Ashley. No board - hurts the club, money for Ashley. Cheap lackey managers - hurts the club, money for Ashley. Sell land around the ground - hurts the club, money for Ashley.

Its more like sabotage than ineptitude, maybe via sheer greed rather than as a plan from the start but sabotage is the ultimate outcome.

He definitely has a crippling ego problem, hatred is probably the wrong label but look at the Rafa situation. Rafa was put in his place and mike and his methods won out in the outset. It’s only now it’s proving to be as fucking daft as it always was in hindsight. It’s hubris.

I just can't buy that anybody could be that inept. Kinnear, McLaren, Bruce, relegating a team that was never in a relegation battle, joke training ground - for 13 solid years. Even if you were that inept after that amount of time you'd have learned.

Its not inept that we've an embarrassing training ground and no board.

Ashley benefits from those things to the same tune NUFC loses. No money for training ground - hurts the club, money for Ashley. No board - hurts the club, money for Ashley. Cheap lackey managers - hurts the club, money for Ashley. Sell land around the ground - hurts the club, money for Ashley.

Its more like sabotage than ineptitude, maybe via sheer greed rather than as a plan from the start but sabotage is the ultimate outcome.

I find the bloke a total enigma. Have always respected the fact he's become a billionaire from pretty much nothing, fair play for that. But totally detest him for presiding over the slow death of the football club I support.

Don't disagree with anything you say, but I don't buy any decision he makes is first motivated by sabotage. His business methods and seemingly everything about him just don't lend to a successful football team. His actions in managerial appointments are through ineptitude, ignorance and naivety, and simply him being who he is.

He'll admit he probably knows sod all about how to run a football club, but he's not the type of character to be hands-off in anything he does. He'll put in a Lee Charnley because he knows he can trust him, and has similar business viewpoint as him - not because he's the best in the field at. That attitude is then trickled down in bollocks like Llmbias' 'purples', and wanting the players to void bonus sheets because he thought they were just Sports Direct employees  :lol: