Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

You're right, but they are definitely better than Joelinton. I appreciate Bruce did have money spent on ASM and Wilson though, who are genuinely good, but take them at least one of them out the side as we will have done for half the season and the difference is pretty striking.

I'd rather not spend too much time defending Bruce because he's terrible, but under most Premier League managers given the injuries we've had, I wouldn't expect us to do much better. More the way we have got the points that has pissed me off.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

You're right, but they are definitely better than Joelinton. I appreciate Bruce did have money spent on ASM and Wilson though, who are genuinely good, but take them at least one of them out the side as we will have done for half the season and the difference is pretty striking.

I'd rather not spend too much time defending Bruce because he's terrible, but under most Premier League managers given the injuries we've had, I wouldn't expect us to do much better. More the way we have got the points that has p*ssed me off.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Yeah. I mean in terms of position. 17th with ASM missing a while and if we go down it will be because Wilson was absent and no one else up front is very good. Even with them in the squad I don't think we are much better on paper, if at all, than the teams around us.

As I said it's more the way we've got points that has annoyed me, but most Premier League managers wouldn't have us doing much better with this squad imo in terms of points. The better ones would be less reliant on some ASM magic / Wilson penalties / keeper heroics though.

I think six points from our last four games is a good return and we were never going to get anything at Stamford Bridge.

More annoyed that Fulham won at Everton. That was a dreadful result for us.

With ASM and Wilson both missing two months of the season, a relegation battle is really where we should be. Almost every squad in the league is on a par or better than ours in my opinion, so we wouldn't be much better off with a half-decent manager. Obviously would with Rafa but his CV is a different level to most.

I hear people saying we should be competing for the top 10, but they are clearly better than ours with a better injury record. We have players like Shelvey and Lewis in our starting 11 after all.

Anyway, despite all that Bruce is horrendous.

We competed for the top 10 before Brute arrived and since then he's been given £100m to improve the team. I'm not having it that 4th bottom is our rightful position. The sum of our parts on the pitch is better than 17th. They've proven that.

As I said Rafa was a different level. Most okay Premier League managers wouldn't have us competing there normally. Bruce may be terrible still, but he shouldn't judged on how he does compared to Rafa (unless he starts making silly comparisons but that's a different story).

He had £100m but £40m was spent on a player the club were desperate to sign for some bizarre reason and was nowhere near that level. Rafa had Rondon and Perez - may have cost next to nothing but we definitely had more goals in that team on paper.

We can talk about how we're doing compared to under Rafa and how much money Bruce has had, but is our squad really better than those of Fulham, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Aston Villa etc? I'd only say Burnley out of those and Fulham, Palace and Brighton are a similar level through having more depth than us. Take away ASM and Wilson for large parts of the season as stated and we have very poor alternatives as well as the poor players in our starting line-up.

Rafa didn't have these 2 players at his disposal either. Bruce has had Wilson for the majority and ASM for some of the season. Rafa was also adamant he didn't want Joelinton whereas Bruce seemed more than happy to have him.

I think six points from our last four games is a good return and we were never going to get anything at Stamford Bridge.

More annoyed that Fulham won at Everton. That was a dreadful result for us.

With ASM and Wilson both missing two months of the season, a relegation battle is really where we should be. Almost every squad in the league is on a par or better than ours in my opinion, so we wouldn't be much better off with a half-decent manager. Obviously would with Rafa but his CV is a different level to most.

I hear people saying we should be competing for the top 10, but they are clearly better than ours with a better injury record. We have players like Shelvey and Lewis in our starting 11 after all.

Anyway, despite all that Bruce is horrendous.

We competed for the top 10 before Brute arrived and since then he's been given £100m to improve the team. I'm not having it that 4th bottom is our rightful position. The sum of our parts on the pitch is better than 17th. They've proven that.

As I said Rafa was a different level. Most okay Premier League managers wouldn't have us competing there normally. Bruce may be terrible still, but he shouldn't judged on how he does compared to Rafa (unless he starts making silly comparisons but that's a different story).

He had £100m but £40m was spent on a player the club were desperate to sign for some bizarre reason and was nowhere near that level. Rafa had Rondon and Perez - may have cost next to nothing but we definitely had more goals in that team on paper.

We can talk about how we're doing compared to under Rafa and how much money Bruce has had, but is our squad really better than those of Fulham, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Southampton, Aston Villa etc? I'd only say Burnley out of those and Fulham, Palace and Brighton are a similar level through having more depth than us. Take away ASM and Wilson for large parts of the season as stated and we have very poor alternatives as well as the poor players in our starting line-up.

Rafa didn't have these 2 players at his disposal either. Bruce has had Wilson for the majority and ASM for some of the season. Rafa was also adamant he didn't want Joelinton whereas Bruce seemed more than happy to have him.

Sure, but Rafa was pretty much an exception. That squad he had should have been in a relegation battle all season, so finishing 10th was ridiculously good. Of course Bruce would get nowhere Rafa's achievements (over longer term anyway), but then neither would most other managers with this squad.

like Kaka said, you really had to watch that in real time. that picture doesnt do it justice.

I was thinking that to be honest. A photo can be very deceiving and can not be a true reflection of what really happened.

I'd love to see a video of it.

I'd say we should be above Burnley and Brighton at least. And, above all, we should play much better football. If we played good football and tried to go at teams, I'd be quite happy with finishing 14th or whatever at this moment, where we are right now.

EDIT: Essentially it's about striving to improve, having some sort of ambition.

Bruce wouldn't have done anything with Perez and Rondon man.

We saw Rondon under Pulis and Perez under Pardew et al. and they were nothing special.

It was far more to do with what Rafa was getting out of them. Just like he would get a lot more out of the current bunch we have.

Totally agree. One of my best mates supports Albion, and he told me when we signed him, don't judge him off what you see with us, he's class and playing on a island with noone anywhere near him. That's EXACTLY what bruce would do with him

Yup. Precisely.

If Rafa was here right now even with Wilson out, he'd find a way to get something out of some combination of Joelinton, Carrol, Gayle, ASM, Fraser and Almiron that would get us enough goals.

No question about it.

Of course he's safe, safe as houses. He's above 18th, that's all that matters. When he's 18th for a little while, then Ashley/Charnley might flinch. Until then, all good in the upper echelons of SJP, everything on track, keep it up Brucey.

Charnley is obviously concerned or he wouldn't have brought Jones in. If we don't capitalise on our favourable fixture run and Fulham close the gap, Bruce will be peddled. The issue being if both of those things happen, it may well be too late. Clearly he's learnt nothing from Schtevie's stint.

Charnley is obviously concerned or he wouldn't have brought Jones in. If we don't capitalise on our favourable fixture run and Fulham close the gap, Bruce will be peddled. The issue being if both of those things happen, it may well be too late. Clearly he's learnt nothing from Schtevie's stint.

If I recall correctly, only 2 managers under Ashley have been sacked whilst we're not in the relegation zone  - Allardyce and Hughton. The former was blatantly a statement sacking to bring in Keegan when it looked like Ashley actually wanted to do something with the club. The latter doesn't make sense to this day and I still think it had something to do with Pardew's dodgy background. So I'll agree to disagree on this one, in that I only think Bruce will go while we're above 18th is if he walks.

I think most of us myself included have thought that the only thing Ashley is bothered about is not being relegated, but I’m not even sure you can say that now. If he did and the takeover was close or reliant on safety then Bruce would be gone.

Not clicking on their website to read the article but the small blurb under it says 'ashley is prepared to give bruce time'.  Doesn't say he's point blankly backing his manager. Suppose how much time is question?  I think the answer to that is at what distance do we keep Fulham away from us.  If Fulham close the gap or possibly overtake us by the end of the month then I can see that time being down to zero.  Ashley wants/needs us to be a premier league team for the sake of the takeover. 

Yeah it's got fuck all to do with 'time' and everything to do with the points gap between 17th and 18th. Giving a manager 'time' when there is no immediate threat of relegation suggests ambitions beyond merely surviving.

He isn't going anywhere unless either a takeover happens or another Palace2015 is daft enough to come along and purchase him from us.

Charnley is only concerned about Mike being concerned. I doubt he even knew who Jones was, maybe he was told to get someone in as a potential caretaker manager by Ashley and Carr recommended Jones.