Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

To be honest, I've always taken news of dressing room 'home truths' and calling each other out as an indictment against the manager. It shouldn't be down to the players to manage themselves. There should be someone employed by the club to manage them...

Hughton did well for us, I've always liked him, and the thumping of Villa on our return will always be a high-point in my memories of him as our manager, but the way that the 'player committee' formed with Harper, Nolan etc. never sat well with me as a positive reflection on Hughton as a capable manager.

To be honest, I've always taken news of dressing room 'home truths' and calling each other out as an indictment against the manager. It shouldn't be down to the players to manage themselves. There should be someone employed by the club to manage them...

Hughton did well for us, I've always liked him, and the thumping of Villa on our return will always be a high-point in my memories of him as our manager, but the way that the 'player committee' formed with Harper, Nolan etc. never sat well with me as a positive reflection on Hughton as a capable manager.

It's probably a discussion for a different thread but surely the balance of power has now firmly swing towards players? With the short tenure of managers, unless you're managed by Pep or Klopp you know that they will eventually be sacked at some point and you will outlast them. Gone are the days of Ferguson.

Ahhh diddums how difficult, you have to have a 2 minute walk to the pitch....

The (perfectly valid) criticism was that they didn't walk on as a group. The fact they looked beaten before a ball was kicked wasn't even mentioned.

"I saw that thrown at us about the tunnel..." yes, you fucking melt, by one of your biggest defenders in the media no less; followed by a totally insipid first half performance. More of the wow is me/wow is us stuff. Everyone is out to get wuh cos we're shite, absolute shite. #imsohonest :( :(

It's probably a discussion for a different thread but surely the balance of power has now firmly swing towards players? With the short tenure of managers, unless you're managed by Pep or Klopp you know that they will eventually be sacked at some point and you will outlast them. Gone are the days of Ferguson.

Absolutely. It's remarkable to me how most clubs don't understand that short-termism of managers must be detrimental in the longer term in my opinion. If a player knows if push comes to shove, it's the manager out the door before the player, then what is the ultimate consequence for the player to do what he wants, rather than what the manager wants? I think this is why clubs like Burnley, with Dyche at the helm, consistently punch above their weight, because the players know if they don't buy in, they'll be gone, and they all know exactly what they're walking into when they get there. Sure, a short-term boost from a new manager with players keen to impress is always welcome, but after the inevitable wearing off of the honeymoon, it's back to status quo with players just not caring.

Of course this all hinges on initially hiring a capable manager with a long-term outlook that's on the same page as the club to begin with before anyone says I'm saying we stick with Bruce :lol:

Just reminded myself how bad Mcclaren was :lol:

7 wins, 1 being against Northampton :lol:

Urgh, the 5-1 against Palace and 1-3 against Bournemouth. Awful.

But you didn't end up hating him with all your soul  :lol:

Nope, weirdly enough. I save that for Bruce.

"I saw that thrown at us about the tunnel..." yes, you f***ing melt, by one of your biggest defenders in the media no less; followed by a totally insipid first half performance. More of the wow is me/wow is us stuff. Everyone is out to get wuh cos we're s****, absolute s****. #imsohonest :( :(

Are you trying to say "Woe is me"? :lol:

I was actually quite surprised when I read the first words of that tweet, then I saw that it was actually Lascelles who had been doing the finger pointing. Says it all really, you just know Bruce isn't man enough to call someone out to their face.

He's hilarious. I think he genuinely believes his own shtick that everyone is out to get him. If only he wasn't failing the very basic task of steering us away from bother, the one requirement that'll have been in the job description.

Perhaps he'd have helped himself out if he wasn't getting stuck into the fans and his popular predecessor at every given opportunity. He's put a target on his own back.

The bloke is a fucking loser and it has to rub off on the players. Their coach has thrown in the towel, has shrugged his shoulders and is hoping for the best. If we hadn't brought Jones in we'd be totally fucked.

But you didn't end up hating him with all your soul  :lol:

Nope, weirdly enough. I save that for Bruce.

Agreed and what i was getting at, Bruce is on another level.....the Pardew Parallel I shall call it.

Was at both. Palace was the worst experience I've had following NUFC. Looking back the pathetic performance at Villa may be worse due to the implications it had but, aye. That Bournemouth home game was the first time in years a SJP crowd had made a relatively toxic atmosphere against a manager, probably was as bad as Allardyce when Liverpool did us 0-3.