Joelinton

Stifler

He was one of the clues on 'Only Connect' last night! True fame.

Named as one of four Brazilian Footballers. The team of nerds all immediately knew who he was!

(They struggled with 'Kenedy' though.)

On 22/01/2023 at 10:30, IzzyIsak said:

He can't strike the ball cleanly for a shot yet he plays some lovely little passes, he DOES have technique.

It's weird.

It's a composure rather than a technique issue I think - Lee Clark was the same; he also looked a much better player once dropped back into a deeper role

it definitely seems some players can put the ball where they want to when they make a pass but as soon as a switch in their head says they're making a shot they seem to approach it very differently. Obviously you rarely put your laces through a pass so that will be different but if he was willing to just pass it into the net i'm sure he'd score a few more, there was definitley a shot against Crystal Palace where he whacked it but straight at keeper when a side foot pass either side of keeper would likely have done. I'm sure loads of players could suddenly become double figure goal scorers if the I'M GOING TO SHOOT BETTER WIND UP THE LEG AND PREPARE TO WHACK IT AS HARD AS I CAN switch could be turned off in their heads. 

I'd rather laughing than destroying his confidence. He has to do better but it happens. Good strikers mentality to have the confidence to know you will have those moments but score the next one. 

Better strikers finish it the first time though :laugh:

30 minutes ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I love him in midfield but once there is an expectation on him to score or create i remember the old Joelinton :lol: happy to he did end up getting a goal today but can we move him back to midfield please?

I would have said the same thing before the game, but he scored the winner, and in reality probably scored twice. Ironically he wasn't that great overall other than the goal chances, but his movement for the goal was fantastic.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Great moment when he scored but I swear if he connect 2-3 yards further back, it was gannin ower the bar like :lol:

I thought he put it quite close to the far post considering he had the full goal to aim at just about!!