Joelinton

Stifler

8 minutes ago, madras said:

I agree with not shunting the qualifiers to the Summer but why does it have to be 18 games ? Why not have 2 qualifying groups,

Because that’s South American football. There’s only 10 national teams so no Copa America qualifiers as Uefa have with the Euros. 

24 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Players would've had to play games on a regular basis all year in that case.. No break or holiday.

Actually, no, we compress the domestic calendar to create space for international football at the end of the season. 

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, STM said:

Got a feeling this might work out nicely re Barnes...

Joelinton can revive his left wing role (with Gordon) and then little Joe can return to help the midfield.

Big Joe and Little Joe returning will certainly soften the blow of losing Barnes, they worked really well on that left side last season.

21 hours ago, Joelinton7 said:

This team has missed the Joe’s so much. They were a massive part of what we did last season, they link up so well together. I’m convinced you’ll see us return to our levels of last season when both of those two are back in the team. 

What? I agree on Willock, but all 3 of our losses happened with Joelinton starting in midfield. After he got injured we have won 2 games in the league with a 9-0 GD, and got a 0-0 draw at San Siro. I hope Joelinton will return as soon as possible, but saying that we miss him so much is a bit odd considering that our midfield has improved after his injury, and the results has been good. It's like a Man City fan saying "oh we really miss de Bruyne" when they've won every single game so far without him.

Edited by Erikse

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

What? I agree on Willock, but all 3 of our losses happened with Joelinton starting in midfield. After he got injured we have won 2 games in the league with a 9-0 GD, and got a 0-0 draw at San Siro. I hope Joelinton will return as soon as possible, but saying that we miss him so much is a bit odd considering that our midfield has improved after his injury, and the results has been good. It's like a Man City fan saying "oh we really miss de Bruyne" when they've won every single game so far without him.

I did say the two Joe’s. I do think Linton is less effective without Willock who we haven’t had this season. 

19 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He was playing with an injury at Brighton and we were 1-0 up against Liverpool until he went off .

22 hours ago, STM said:

Got a feeling this might work out nicely re Barnes...

Joelinton can revive his left wing role (with Gordon) and then little Joe can return to help the midfield.

Not sure Mr. Barnes would completely agree with the 'working out nicely" bit.

5 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

He was playing with an injury at Brighton and we were 1-0 up against Liverpool until he went off .

Exactly. Plus despite some heroic defending. We had little control over the midfield against Milan and the other two games were against Brentford and Sheff Utd. We will and do miss him in certain types of games, for sure. 

I’d rather focus on his impressive body of work since Howe has been here. Rather than a few games where he was half fit, against top sides. 

I just hope we are not rushing him back due to us being so short. As he seemed to be playing through 2-3 various injuries last season. I know it is doubtful that we would chance his fitness. But just a bit paranoid. As I think he’s a massive player for us and we need him 100%.