Joelinton

Stifler

31 minutes ago, TRC said:

Out this weekend according to Hope.

Not sure how we should line up.

Was expected, I suppose.

I feel like they will walk through our midfield without him. 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It's crazy seeing clips of him from a few years ago. I know he plays like a different player but he looks a different man now. He's an absolute beast now.

Confidence 

On 08/01/2024 at 21:15, TRC said:

Out this weekend according to Hope.

Not sure how we should line up.

I would love us to try and have someone sit in front of the defence for the whole game, maybe even 2 but it won't happen.

Bruno will try and press Rodri and they will slice us apart.

Edited by The College Dropout

Joelinton a huge miss but not sure this game is the write off people are suggesting , if it wasn't for that daft Forest game that was just a one off fluke I think people would be a lot more confident . City have also lost at Villa , Arsenal and Wolves this season, failed to win at Chelsea as well.

Edited by Geogaddi

11 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Joelinton a huge miss but not sure this game is the write off people are suggesting , if it wasn't for that daft Forest game that was just a one off fluke I think people would be a lot more confident . City have also lost at Villa , Arsenal and Wolves this season, failed to win at Chelsea as well.

Take that out and our form is still dreadful, 2 wins in 6 or something.

12 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

We looked susceptible against Sunderland without Joelinton. There's not enough bite or athleticism in a midfield 3 of Miley - Longstaff - Bruno the way we setup. And Howe is unlikely to set us up differently to compensate.

52 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

How many times has a player come back from injury and got re-injured this season soon after?

Joelinton

Isak

Wilson

Willock

Did we try to bring back Murphy with a jammy shoulder?

Joelinton twice.. Third time he's injured with a muscular problem this season. We've basically had 4 central midfielders out of a large amount of games. Joelinton was also supposed to be a rotation option for Gordon when Barnes is out, but big Joe has either been injured or had to cover CM exclusively due to all the injuries in that position.

Edited by Erikse

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We looked susceptible against Sunderland without Joelinton. There's not enough bite or athleticism in a midfield 3 of Miley - Longstaff - Bruno the way we setup. And Howe is unlikely to set us up differently to compensate.

Probably best just to lower expectations of this game all things considered. A full strength Newcastle side can give City a game any day of the week, one with a severely weakened mdifield is unlikely to cope. It's a game we might have lost anyway, we need to make the points up against the lesser sides once our players return from injury.

2 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Lewis Miley had to go for a scan on his knee after the O’Nien tackle but they were hoping it was just bruised. Still unsure if that rules him out for Saturday. 

"unneccessary roughness" as our cousins from across the pond say.

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

How many times has a player come back from injury and got re-injured this season soon after?

Joelinton

Isak

Wilson

Willock

Murphy’s shoulder popped again his first appearance back off the bench iirc 

3 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Joelinton

Isak

Wilson

Willock

Gordon too I think.

18 minutes ago, Beren said:

Gordon too I think.

Nah, Gordon’s only missed one game all season and that was through suspension.

Edited by SteV

4 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Joelinton

Isak

Wilson

Willock

I think Murphy was that it didn't make much difference if he dislocated it again as he needed an op anyway.

Until Eddie rules him out on Friday, I'm telling myself Joe will play on Sat.

If it'd been that bad, surely he wouldn't have came out for the 2nd half. Second goal was perfectly timed in that respect.

1 hour ago, Karjala said:

Until Eddie rules him out on Friday, I'm telling myself Joe will play on Sat.

If it'd been that bad, surely he wouldn't have came out for the 2nd half. Second goal was perfectly timed in that respect.

I think he came out with the intention to test it by running it off as it happened so close to half time. But I think he knew straight away from the look on his face and would have come off regardless of the goal. 

However I do hope I am wrong and you are right. But if he has any sort of issue, would the sensible thing be to let him recover to avoid potentially reoccurrence once again and then get him back fit and ready for the Villa game which maybe more winnable than this? 

5 hours ago, Toonjam88 said:

Lewis Miley had to go for a scan on his knee after the O’Nien tackle but they were hoping it was just bruised. Still unsure if that rules him out for Saturday. 

Aye, I noticed he had an ice pack on his knee,  in that post match photo of our four Geordie players.