Joelinton

Stifler

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Not just you

Initially I was thinking red card but this angle is probably what saves him as the arm is down rather than across the throat 

image.thumb.png.1a86b1909d5a61f5ebf5f92b38bac0d4.png

I was literally just trying to get this screen shot. Arm over the shoulder across the chest, not around his neck like loads would have you believe. It's a yellow with potential for a red, not a clear as day red as some are making out. The issue we have is the lack of consistency - is this more dangerous / a higher use of force than Schar's red last week...

1 hour ago, Lordshola said:

Is it just me who thinks a yellow was the right call? From the other camera angle, big Joe grabs the keeper more on his shoulder than his neck.

if it was a flat out clothesline wwe style, then by all means show a red, but I just don’t see it.

Nah, people are being proper babies. That’s never a red. 

Incident capped a really disappointing performance from him. Started slowly and never got into the game, looked a yard short, caught in possession and responsible for their goal. Looked sluggish (not the only one mind) and never got to grips with the LW position. Even when trying to stop the quick throw at the end he fucked that up too, the photos look bad but I don't think there was much malice in it, he just took the keeper out almost by the neck when he could have just given him a little nudge and avoided a card altogether. Was fully expecting the red to come out, it was a bit comical as it was such an unusual way of doing that type of thing

Will be interesting to see how this season pans out for Big Joe. he's been a favourite of mine for a long time, but as we progress, every fault will come under the microscope. He's big, strong and has a surprisingly good touch. But in midfield you have to see everything around you, not sure he has that control of the situation which the really top midfielders do.

Just now, TRon said:

Will be interesting to see how this season pans out for Big Joe. he's been a favourite of mine for a long time, but as we progress, every fault will come under the microscope. He's big, strong and has a surprisingly good touch. But in midfield you have to see everything around you, not sure he has that control of the situation which the really top midfielders do.

Yep, lacks the fluidity and agility on the ball. I love him but in some ways he’s slightly limited. Beast though. 

Just now, TRon said:

With Tonali back I’d love a more technical creative player with Joe as back up, it’s all just to much of the same in there for me.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Yep, lacks the fluidity and agility on the ball. I love him but in some ways he’s slightly limited. Beast though. 

We did the right thing to give him the contract he's still an asset, but if we get other weaker parts of the squad upgraded, his place will also come under threat at some point.

Middle and final third, he’s great with ball. Our own third, he’s great without the ball. As soon as he had the ball though in our own third, I’m really on edge as he tries technical parts which he just doesn’t have and loses it in such dangerous areas.

Still, him LCM and Gordon LW, will help Hall out loads, and Hall and Gordon will help out Joelinton loads on the technical ball retention. 

Were some of you watching a different game last night… He wasn’t spectacular, but had a decent game. Held up the ball in the middle and turned away from the press well, had some nice touches / simple passes, made many runs forward to create an overlap and helped out defensively really well. It didn’t help that he was being fouled all game and the fluidity of the team wasn’t great overall 

Just because he missed a penalty it seems like the judgement reverts to a poor game, very strange reaction 

27 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Were some of you watching a different game last night… He wasn’t spectacular, but had a decent game. Held up the ball in the middle and turned away from the press well, had some nice touches / simple passes, made many runs forward to create an overlap and helped out defensively really well. It didn’t help that he was being fouled all game and the fluidity of the team wasn’t great overall 

Just because he missed a penalty it seems like the judgement reverts to a poor game, very strange reaction 

I thought he took his penalty really well,it’s just the keeper is about 9 foot 6.

Been a strange start to the season for him, easily the best player on the pitch against Southampton followed by two poor games . He's still class though and will have a lot more good games than bad ones.