Joelinton

Stifler

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'll be honest and I know I'll get pelters for it - I can see why Ashworth thought it was a good time to move him on

Scored the winner vs Southampton - set up winner vs Spurs (in 4 matches)

3 minutes ago, Menace said:

I'll be honest and I know I'll get pelters for it - I can see why Ashworth thought it was a good time to move him on

I love Joelinton and always defended him, but yeah. As a player he has so many strengths, but as a midfielder his close control can be loose sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

He just doesnt look 100% fit

I hate this shit.  Just say he had an off game.  Joelinton and any other player for that matter can occasionally have a poor game.  It happens.  Stop with the "not fit" shit.

Teams are definitely try to bully him a lot more. Needs to move ball on quicker at times as he’s not going to win every physical dual like he thinks he can. Being subbed HT won’t do him any harm.

EH is far more ruthless than given credit for. Just trust him.

It’s strange to me that he gets called out again for a 45 minutes where he was the best of the 3 midfielders out there… It was right to take him off, but it’s mad how everyone ignores the good tackles, the tracking back, the forward runs and the positivity to try and progress the ball. 

4 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s strange to me that he gets called out again for a 45 minutes where he was the best of the 3 midfielders out there… It was right to take him off, but it’s mad how everyone ignores the good tackles, the tracking back, the forward runs and the positivity to try and progress the ball. 

I wouldn't dwell on it too much. As we aim higher season on season, the standards will go up. We have to remember, this is still really a forward playing as a midfielder now, so there will be some things which won't come naturally in a packed midfield area. Sometimes he looks a bit loose in possession, but at other times he's capable of some real finesse in there as well, like that turn and pass for the Isak goal against Spurs.

3 hours ago, Menace said:

Agreed. Not that I wanted him sold, or don't appreciate him - far from it - but logically once Longstaff is gone the next CM to be looking at improving upon would be him or Willock - and Willock is looking better with every minute he doesn't play...

3 hours ago, Menace said:

He's also turning 29 soon and realistically this was the last window to get any sort of value for him

He's turning 29 next August. Wouldn't call that soon tbf

He's also a fucking warrior of a player. Bad half today, but v. Southampton we'd have been screwed 

Edited by toon25

Like most players, he's a tool with a few applications. I would say that in the majority of games we play, he should be very good, but in matches like today where the opposition are okay with us playing a possession game and then are very good at breaking and pressing, that's when he's at his weakest and you maybe need him to play in a different role as a destroyer with players who are better in possession maybe?  Or not play at all. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

26 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Why do you keep saying 28/29 when he isn’t 29 [emoji38]

To be fair I guess he's thinking in terms of the next main transfer window.