Joelinton

Stifler

I can't remember changing my opinion so much on a player since.... Well, probably Mo Diame.  

Big Joe is the new Big Mo and I'm all for it.  He was everywhere yesterday, he's got fitter and stronger, seems a yard faster and is just bowling round the pitch getting stuck in.  And they say box to box midfielders don't really exist in the modern game.

:love:

9 hours ago, nortoon said:

He just doesnt give a shit about the opponent either. He absolutely trucked into De Bruyne by our corner flag and won the ball. Bossed Rodri to the point he just gave up and started complaining to the ref.  :2funny:

I like that side of him, we talk about how too many of our players are nice and very timid, he is not like that, he's always letting the officials know what he thinks and he is aggressive with the opposition players

Unfortunately being passive and nice just doesn't cut it in this league and our players need to toughen up

5 hours ago, SchärMix said:

Quite frankly - I couldn't give a fuck about the lad to be honest. 

I'm not getting too excited. Same with Shelvey. I'm expecting both to be shit soon enough. 

Shelvey's had about 5 managers give him a new life now.... 

Joelinton ran around for 18 months like a spastic under Bruce. Bruce aside, nobody goes from retard to the next Vieira.   

Eee you're geet edgy you

He’s good in possession, has the strength and trickery to shift the ball away from opposition players and move it forwards thus helping us break the press. I see that as his role, a player that helps us transition from defence to attack by breaking the press and getting it to ASM, Wilson, Fraser and whatever potential future attacking players we bring in.

Also pop up with the odd goal as well.

Edited by SAK

30 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

he has improved from abysmal to below average. i really don't understand the clamour for him. he just isn't very good at anything

I don’t know that he’s been below average - he was man of the match in as many as three games since Howe came in. He’s shown excellent attitude and surprising aptitude in his new role - long may it continue.

Watched the City game in the pub with a load of non-NUFC supporting mates.  They couldn't believe how good he looked.  They thought I was joking when I kept saying he looks like a different player under Howe.  A couple are Liverpool fans and said they thought he played really well against them, also.  

Below average compared to what? NUFC or the league?  Either way, I don't think that is true based on his current form.   

On 22/12/2021 at 12:53, Lush Vlad said:

Watched the City game in the pub with a load of non-NUFC supporting mates.  They couldn't believe how good he looked.  They thought I was joking when I kept saying he looks like a different player under Howe.  A couple are Liverpool fans and said they thought he played really well against them, also.  

Below average compared to what? NUFC or the league?  Either way, I don't think that is true based on his current form.   

I don't think he's been great, but at least he finally seems to look like he knows what he's supposed to be doing and is putting the effort in. 

Guest Biggsbond14

John Gibson jizzing him up in the chronicle never thought I’d see that , still think he’s crap and never going to make it here 

11 minutes ago, Biggsbond14 said:

John Gibson jizzing him up in the chronicle never thought I’d see that , still think he’s crap and never going to make it here 

When I see him actually being relevant in the final third of the pitch where it matters, then I’ll will say yes he’s actually worth giving praise to. Not going to happen though. 

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

When I see him actually being relevant in the final third of the pitch where it matters, then I’ll will say yes he’s actually worth giving praise to. Not going to happen though. 

His best position looks to be as a ball winning midfielder, him adding goals and assists to that would be nice but it's hardly the expectancy of his role in the team.

Absolutely pointless still judging him as a striker. 

6 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

His best position looks to be as a ball winning midfielder, him adding goals and assists to that would be nice but it's hardly the expectancy of his role in the team.

Absolutely pointless still judging him as a striker. 

I don’t see him as a ball winning midfielder either. His holding of the ball and effort has improved without doubt, but his end product is still poor overall. He is one of many players at the club which needs upgraded in the next few windows. 

11 hours ago, Holloway said:

Seen a great deal of improvement from him in nearly all aspects of his game bar the finishing side,whether it be making a crucial pass or putting one away.hope he steps up to it, his attitude looks bang on 

No one ever remembers his key passes because they never get put away.

Threaded a peach through to Callum against Man City and he dilly-dallied when he should have shot first time and got the ball taken off him.

Think his passing is his strongest final third skill at the minute. Still needs to improve in those areas though for sure. Think we'll see him start to do so as we come up against lesser teams now after Man Utd.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

No one ever remembers his key passes because they never get put away.

Threaded a peach through to Callum against Man City and he dilly-dallied when he should have shot first time and got the ball taken off him.

Think his passing is his strongest final third skill at the minute. Still needs to improve in those areas though for sure. Think we'll see him start to do so as we come up against lesser teams now after Man Utd.

I don't think ASM end product is a problem. It's decent enough. Holding on to it too long he gets guilty of, but if he had quality up and around him more he'd get more assists for sure.

The lads really took the bull by the horns and imposed himself in recent games, Joe really has had a change in attitude and his confidence has improved dramatically.

Joelinton could evolve into a really important player for Newcastle United

20 hours ago, Wild Geese said:

The lads really took the bull by the horns and imposed himself in recent games, Joe really has had a change in attitude and his confidence has improved dramatically.

Joelinton could evolve into a really important player for Newcastle United

I don’t think his attitude have ever been in question really. 

2 minutes ago, Ed210 said:

I don’t think his attitude have ever been in question really. 

I agree, not everyone settles in straight away , he’s been shite mind in a lot of matches but no doubt he’s been a standout recently (not hard) .

Cemented his place now and definitely worth keeping .Something I’d sadly not have said many times before .Genuinely pleased for him . Still would like to see goals from him though, needs to sort that out, if he can.