Joelinton

Stifler

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I just don’t get the current rave about him.. Yes he doesn’t lose the ball as much, but he’s been directly involved in two goals in the last two games. The one against Leicester and the second goal today (yes Shelvey did the back pass but the ball to him should have been played back to the centre half). As an attacking influence he is still virtually non existent also. 

In addition to winning a lot of duels, tackles & working hard, he got the ball out of tight areas under pressure and passed the ball on to a team mate several times which were good opportunities for the team to build an attack - not his fault we only have one or two other players in the squad capable of doing the same to build as the attack broke down 1 or 2 passes afterwards.

17 minutes ago, Conjo said:

In addition to winning a lot of duels, tackles & working hard, he got the ball out of tight areas under pressure and passed the ball on to a team mate several times which were good opportunities for the team to build an attack - not his fault we only have one or two other players in the squad capable of doing the same to build as the attack broke down 1 or 2 passes afterwards.

Sorry disagree, couldn’t give a shit that he’s tackling more or working harder. I look at what he’s producing in the final third and he’s doing virtually nothing. When he actually starts doing that then I will give him credit. 

Just now, et tu brute said:

Sorry disagree, couldn’t give a shit that he’s tackling more or working harder. I look at what he’s producing in the final third and he’s doing virtually nothing. When he actually starts doing that then I will give him credit. 

Do you reckon he's being asked to be our target man or creative player like?

He's been asked to do a job and he's doing it, despite being asked to do a number nine role and a left winger role before which evdiently were both absolutely incorrect.

Joelinton is undoubtedly one of our current best performers and and for me one of the first 3/4 on the teamsheet. 

26 minutes ago, Heron said:

Do you reckon he's being asked to be our target man or creative player like?

He's been asked to do a job and he's doing it, despite being asked to do a number nine role and a left winger role before which evdiently were both absolutely incorrect.

Joelinton is undoubtedly one of our current best performers and and for me one of the first 3/4 on the teamsheet. 

Disagree, but you’re entitled to your opinion. 

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Disagree, but you’re entitled to your opinion. 

Okay, so what do you think we should be doing with Joelinton and what do you think he should have done better?

What are the alternatives? 

14 minutes ago, Heron said:

Okay, so what do you think we should be doing with Joelinton and what do you think he should have done better?

What are the alternatives? 

I don’t think he should be anywhere near the club never mind the team. As for alternatives they’re virtually non existent either. There is a reason we are in our current position. Problem is going to take three or four transfer windows to resolve. Fortunately we have the owners to make that possible now. 

59 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

He's asked to play a Kante role, and you're pissed he didn't put in a Mount-like performance? Okay... :icon_scratch:

30 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

He's asked to play a Kante role, and you're pissed he didn't put in a Mount-like performance? Okay... :icon_scratch:

It’s got fuck all to do with this performance, it’s two and a half year of absolute shite. Just because he’s making a few more tackles or working harder isn’t going to change that. By the way I think you need to watch how Kante actually plays his role if you want to make comparisons.

5 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I don’t think he should be anywhere near the club never mind the team. As for alternatives they’re virtually non existent either. There is a reason we are in our current position. Problem is going to take three or four transfer windows to resolve. Fortunately we have the owners to make that possible now. 

He's been our best player since the Brentford game, been playing out of his skin every game and idiots still coming out with shite like this.

6 hours ago, et tu brute said:

That seems an incredibly stubborn view to me like and incredibly ignorant of the last say 6 games and actually all the shite coaching and strategic use of the lad in the last two years...

All about opinions though... 

1 hour ago, WillingtonMag said:

He's been our best player since the Brentford game, been playing out of his skin every game and idiots still coming out with shite like this.

By far. I was Joelintons biggest critic, but I cant fault his game in his CM/Defensive Winger role. He has been something else. His offensive game isnt strong but he has been utterly fantastic defending.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

That seems an incredibly stubborn view to me like and incredibly ignorant of the last say 6 games and actually all the shite coaching and strategic use of the lad in the last two years...

All about opinions though... 

His forward play is still virtually non existent in both chances created and goals scored and he has been involved in two of the goals conceded in the last two games. I mean someone above was trying to compare his performance yesterday to Kante. Agree all about opinions.

Now is just a really odd time to be saying this stuff. 

The further he's up the pitch the worse he looks but despite that he's still been our best player over the past couple of month.

Maybe he gets replaced in Jan, or the summer, or maybe his end product will improve as we do as a team (assuming we do). 

11 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

His forward play is still virtually non existent in both chances created and goals scored and he has been involved in two of the goals conceded in the last two games. I mean someone above was trying to compare his performance yesterday to Kante. Agree all about opinions.

No wonder you've got such a weird take on Joelinton if that's what you took from what I said. Don't be such a relentless knob and come back to reality

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

See I don’t call people idiots for not having the same opinion. Grow up.

When people are coming out with utter shite they will get called an idiot it's part of life. You said "he shouldn't be any where near the club never mind the team" which sayings as he's been our best performer lately is a ridiculous thing to say.