Joelinton

Stifler

17 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Have a feeling with maxi being injured we will revert back to the two Joe's on the left/middle for the man utd game

Exactly what I was about to post. He'll come in on the left and interchange with Willock down that side if Maxi's hamstring is still not right after the break.

Edit: he'll probably come in even if Maxi is fit to be honest.

Edited by Scoot

Aye in a perfect world he'd come in for Longstaff but we're so thin on the wings that putting him on the left to get that Willock linkup going is a no-brainer.

Would love to see Targett in there too, think that trio down the left would be able to create some good stuff going forward.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Forgot Howe hauled him off last night.

Nope, Eddie said ASM had a calf strain and was struggling, it's why he moved him in the middle the last 5 minutes of the first half. He had to come off.

ASM struggling with his hamstring still, apparently. Certainly looked like he wasn’t trying to go past players the last two games. 

Hopefully ASM is fine after the break

and I’d keep him on the left. But As much as I’d like to see Joelinton come in for Longstaff. It’s an easy call for Howe to bring the Big Joe/Little Joe combo back on the left.

dont know how to post insta stories on here.

but there's a great one him sat at home waching Isak's pel go in.

his little lad runs past the telly in a toon shirt, then he reappears running back with the shirt off and swinging it (the shirt).

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

dont know how to post insta stories on here.

but there's a great one him sat at home waching Isak's pel go in.

his little lad runs past the telly in a toon shirt, then he reappears running back with the shirt off and swinging it (the shirt).

"The shirt" 😂😂😂

Clarification of the year 

5 hours ago, mosstef said:

Think he will come in for ASM so we can go back to that Big Joe/Lil Joe combo on the left.

I thought Anderson did well when came on - hit the target with two shots, something joelingtons not done for a while now. 

10 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I thought Anderson did well when came on - hit the target with two shots, something joelingtons not done for a while now. 

Probably a bit early to be starting Anderson there consistently, but it's certainly a long time since we've had a threat like that coming in from the left.

25 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

What? Joelinton is our top scoring midfielder behind Almiron [emoji38]

34 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Joelinton's a midfield boss, it's not just about goals.

2 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

What? Joelinton is our top scoring midfielder behind Almiron [emoji38]

I said for a while now not permanently - last few games he played he was taking very lame shots straight into the keepers arms. I just think give players on form a chance and even though it was only 45 minutes, Anderson impressed me in front of goal yesterday. Also joelington is our joint top midfielder scorer with Bruno on 2 goals in 21 appearances.

If Anderson’s had stood yesterday that would have been 1 in 13 which would have given him a very good chance to match that 2 in 21 if he was given match minutes.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

Joelinton's a midfield boss, it's not just about goals.

Most of us were saying it was when we came up short again Leeds, West Ham etc.  When isak and Anderson was on the pitch yesterday, we had two players shooting on target and actually heading the ball well and it was great.

22 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Most of us were saying it was when we came up short again Leeds, West Ham etc.  When isak and Anderson was on the pitch yesterday, we had two players shooting on target and actually heading the ball well and it was great.

Anderson did great when he came on, but it was 45 mins, we know what Joelinton has brought to the team over two thirds of the season. It's the same as the Willock situation, it's not just about the goals, it's about what a player brings to the team dynamic, Joelinton is absolutely one of our best midfielders who covers the whole left side and central areas box to box. Doesn't just cover ground either, he's great at bringing the ball out under pressure and releasing players. Not to mention he's also a beast in closing the oppositon down. This was a game against one of the bottom sides in the division as well, just need to keep some perspective.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Anderson did great when he came on, but it was 45 mins, we know what Joelinton has brought to the team over two thirds of the season. It's the same as the Willock situation, it's not just about the goals, it's about what a player brings to the team dynamic, Joelinton is absolutely one of our best midfielders who covers the whole left side and central areas box to box. Doesn't just cover ground either, he's great at bringing the ball out under pressure and releasing players. Not to mention he's also a beast in closing the oppositon down. This was a game against one of the bottom sides in the division as well, just need to keep some perspective.

Agree with 99% of what you’re staying but I said it after wolves game and still saying it - all our game is missing in my opinion is others chipping in helping with goals, outside of the three (Wilson, miggy and isak) - the “best scoring midfielders” as someone stated has a ratio of one every ten games. I just really hope we don’t go back to form of loads of play down the left with no end result and predictable down the right

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Agree with 99% of what you’re staying but I said it after wolves game and still saying it - all our game is missing in my opinion is others chipping in helping with goals, outside of the three (Wilson, miggy and isak) - the “best scoring midfielders” as someone stated has a ratio of one every ten games. I just really hope we don’t go back to form of loads of play down the left with no end result and predictable down the right

Yep we are missing the goals part, but it's a hell of a leap to think that Elliott is the answer on the back of 45 mins against one of the bottom teams. Many were debating letting him go on loan in the summer.

He can still play a massive part off the bench fwiw, just think we shouldn't ramp up our expectations too much just yet.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

Yep we are missing the goals part, but it's a hell of a leap to think that Elliott is the answer on the back of 45 mins against one of the bottom teams. Many were debating letting him go on loan in the summer.

He can still play a massive part off the bench fwiw, just think we shouldn't ramp up our expectations too much just yet.

That’s fair enough - fwiw, I was never one that said send him out on loan. I personally felt howes training methods must be way better than most so I liked the idea of him being part of that for the season. You’re right though - it is early days.