Joelinton

Stifler

26 minutes ago, Pata said:

I thought him moving to CM was what changed the game, was so good and feel like his best attributes get wasted at LW.

This. He was an absolute beast in CM. Him and Bruno bossed their midfield. Joelinton in particular was everywhere. 

Normally I want him in midfield but then again vs West Ham while good going forward (obviously) I thought he was bad and all over the place in his midfielder role. Good to see him back to playing great and actually helping Bruno today.

12 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Just seen his goal. That footwork and ball control, where the fuck's he plucked that from? Hes come back even better yet again. Does he have some cheat code where he only needs the same xp for each level gain?

it’s those Klopp approved inhalers 

Great work from the big man, effectively scoring one goal (Harry Kane would claim it) and hitting the pass for the assist for the other. He's stepped up when we really need our players to do so.

If anyone says anything about the first and "luck", Joelinton did a lot more to make it happen than Rashford did for the Botman OG that sealed the Carabao Cup final.

His composure for a big lad honestly shocks me everytime.

First half he just didn't seem effective, but second half when he was brought into the middle to control that middle ground with Bruno was just immense.

He's an absolute unit basically.

Still think his absolute peak future position is in a double pivot like we saw in the second half yesterday.

He’s the right-footed, less polished, and slightly more radge second coming of Mousa Dembele, I’m telling you.

Since I heard that he hired his own coach under Bruce it's been clear that he's 100% professional and committed to getting better. Class act. 

No matter the manager or coaches, no-one could make the progress he has done without that commitment. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I know it's from last season (Norwich away?), but I've pretty much settled on getting Big Jo and Bruno holding the Brazilian flag tattooed* on me. Love them that much. 

*Don't worry it's not one of those cringey portrait styles. 

4 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Watched some of the game back and he was all over the shop and rarely tracking runs (even very simple ones rather than rotations that'd be difficult to keep up with). Wonder if he's carrying a knock as he looked canny slow.

I think hes had the same illness Longstaff had, wouldnt be surprised if Bruno had been ill too.

I know on one is particularly singling him out, but it's difficult to read anything into individual efforts after such a flat team performance from start to finish. For whatever reason our pressing, which is usually immaculate, was absolutely all over the shop, we didn't use the ball well and we were completely overran in the middle of the park. All three midfielders were really poor and out of sorts.  I have no idea why, but I'd be very surprised if we see anything like that again this season.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know on one is particularly singling him out, but it's difficult to read anything into individual efforts after such a flat team performance from start to finish. For whatever reason our pressing, which is usually immaculate, was absolutely all over the shop, we didn't use the ball well and we were completely overran in the middle of the park. All three midfielders were really poor and out of sorts.  I have no idea why, but I'd be very surprised if we see anything like that again this season.

Agree, it seems like clutching at straws to believe the management team would have sent out a bunch of midfielders who were carrying some sort of virus. We just got out-thought tactically on the day. Joelinton can have days when his touch is off, but we couldn't get anywhere near their midfield on the day, which just suggests we got our formation wrong.